Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This kaiju classic deserves it's own thread.
I've got this bad boy in my studio. Had it since I was a kid. I was missing the fist (which inexplicably fires out of a spring-loaded wrist)... UNTIL recently. My brother sent me my belated birthday gifts and in the box was THE FIST. He had moved a couple times over the years and found it in one of his childhood boxes. Godzilla = complete. Me = happy.

I loved mine. Too much, I guess. The lever in the back that controlled the "fire breath" snapped off pretty quick, and I remember rubbing my thumb sore on the nub that was left (Godzilla still had to breath that fire). I guess the fist shot off because the Shogun Warriors in the same toy line had the same feature. Kind of silly.

You know how the tail is detachable? I used to take it off and put it in the refrigerator, with the hollow end hidden behind the milk jug or something. My mom would open the fridge, see the visible end, and grab it thinking it was an avocado. I think I got her with that gag twice.
Are his feet on little wheels or something?

It took me a moment to notice the scale with the human arm in those photos. He's huge.
Yeah the feet were on wheels. Again, the Shogun Warriors had the same feature. But I think Godzilla's legs were articulated at the hip, whereas the Shogun Warriors' legs were locked in a standing position.
And some of the Shogun Warriors shot little plastic choking hazard missiles! Ah, memories.

Did you use the hollow tail on yours to stash things? It's a good thing I didn't still have this toy when I got into the weed and the vodka.
I had Godzilla and this bad boy...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hill
View Post
I loved mine. Too much, I guess. The lever in the back that controlled the "fire breath" snapped off pretty quick, and I remember rubbing my thumb sore on the nub that was left (Godzilla still had to breath that fire).

Ha. Me too.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nexus-7
View Post
He's huge.

Damn straight.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Abbott & Prospero
View Post
I had Godzilla and this bad boy...

Fuuuuuuuuck! Too cool.
It's not pictured, but Rodan had holes in his back to hold him by. You could claw your fingers like he was a bowling ball, and his wings would flap when you shook him up and down.

The toys of the 70's kicked ass.

ETA: Scratch the "not pictured;" that's totally what the kid is doing on the front of the box. He is swooping the shit out of something, Rodan style.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reasor
View Post
He is swooping the shit out of something, Rodan style.

And he's LOVING every blessed minute of it.
Man, I absolutely loved this Godzilla when I was a kid. And my only exposure at the time to Godzilla was that godawful cartoon. Still, if I was ever to blow money on childhood toys on ebay, it's this. And Steve Austin, of course.
I had a bunch of imported Godzilla toys in my office. They're home right now.

I'll snap some pics and post them up.
I still need a Mecha Godzilla. Bigger the better.

They have this one, that's 12" tall.
Quote:

Originally Posted by billylove
View Post
I still need a Mecha Godzilla. Bigger the better.

They have this one, that's 12" tall.

Mine's the Japanese version, but almost identical. Also have a Japanese Gamera, Orga, and a giant Millenium Godzilla. I do have the US Rodan, Anguirus, Hedorah, Gigan, etc that came out the past couple years.
Here's the gang.

The one's with the tags on them are the imports. The goofy Godzilla is from a Toys-R-Us I think.

I have that guy too, and a couple of Shogun Warriors that are in pretty decent shape. I was so pissed when the fire-breath lever for Godzilla broke off. Everything else is in tact, but I moved with him one too many times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroplate
View Post
I have that guy too, and a couple of Shogun Warriors that are in pretty decent shape. I was so pissed when the fire-breath lever for Godzilla broke off. Everything else is in tact, but I moved with him one too many times.[/IMG]

Do any of us (that still own that toy) have the lever in tact? I think NO.
Damn you guys had the kick ass Godzilla toys...
I had this one sadly..but I loved it.

I had that guy too ^

I remember burying him in the sandbox!