Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Savage: Man of Blog
Bucho, prepare to be amazed at his awesomeness....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diagnosis_Murder

Personally I just love the fact Dick Van Dyke is still working when he must be at least 100 by now.
We all love Video Games, so I thought I would take some time to talk about my favorates...

http://chud.com/articles/blogs/2783/Gaming-Heaven.html
Sherlock: Or how to modernize something and do it right!

http://chud.com/articles/blogs/2799/...-it-right.html
A little blog about being a film fan....

http://chud.com/articles/blogs/2811/...ilm-Lover.html
Really great points, man. I completely agree with your assessment. I find myself in the exact same category that you're in, and I'm not ashamed of it in the least.

And incidentally enough, our top ten lists share quite a few films between them, though a couple of them are in different positions. Still, I admire your taste, good sir.
Thanks man, I'm really happy with the way this one turned out. Glad you liked it.
Yeah, I'm somewhere near you in my relation to movies too Ken. It's one of my favourite topics of conversation and along with music is my favourite artform but while I have seen a bunch of those important films like the The Godfathers and Casablancas of the cinema world there are still a bunch of holes too. If I'm lucky I can fit two or three films into a week but a lot of the time I don't have two hours spare and other things get in the way. And I'm happy to be at where I'm at too. If I'd spent more time watching moviess I'd have spent less time making my own art or hanging with my family and friends or doing other things that make life better for me and the people who are important to me.

The best cinephiles are the ones who do it purely out of a love of cinema, because that love leads them to want to share the experience of the joy of film with those of us who don't have the time to build such a reservoir of experience in that one field. The more films someone has seen the more able they are to navigate the landscape of cinema and so the more able they are to assess the place of new and old films within that landscape. And I love being able to learn about that landscape from them and about how my experience of a film relates to that of someone who can help to orientate me within it.

So it's easy to dismiss the other type of cinephile - the guy who sees watching films as some kind of sport, where the number of movies you've seen puts you at the top of some league table or ranking system that exists in their minds. Rather than film knowledge being a source of joy for them, it's a source of self-worth, and that self-worth is based on their ranking in that imaginary league. So they feel the need to point out where they place in relation to you in order to let themselves know that they're ok. That they're one of the cool kids.

It's better to smile and nod at these unfortunates and let them live obliviously in their Matrix, and then turn your attention to the more well adjusted peeps who just watch a lot of movies because they love to watch a lot of movies.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucho
View Post
The best cinephiles are the ones who do it purely out of a love of cinema, because that love leads them to want to share the experience of the joy of film with those of us who don't have the time to build such a reservoir of experience in that one field. The more films someone has seen the more able they are to navigate the landscape of cinema and so the more able they are to assess the place of new and old films within that landscape. And I love being able to learn about that landscape from them and about how my experience of a film relates to that of someone who can help to orientate me within it.

And if more people were like this then the world would be a better place.
Behold a new blog: Where I take on JK Rowling.

http://chud.com/articles/blogs/2823/...f-Dursley.html
What a beautiful view, man. And another great article. You offered some great insight into your home town, and there is certainly nothing wrong with a little home town pride. I got your back on that one.

If I ever manage to get the money and time together to head out to the UK (I certainly want to), I will make sure I find a way to fir Dursley into the itinerary. Sure - London, Stonehenge, and the like are always the obvious draws, but it's the small, quaint little towns like yours that are the real heart and personality of any country.
A wonderful piece Ken. I'd heard she was going to call them Vernon and Petunia Barry Island but we didn't let her! Joking aside that is a lovely view.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Don S.
View Post
What a beautiful view, man. And another great article. You offered some great insight into your home town, and there is certainly nothing wrong with a little home town pride. I got your back on that one.

If I ever manage to get the money and time together to head out to the UK (I certainly want to), I will make sure I find a way to fir Dursley into the itinerary. Sure - London, Stonehenge, and the like are always the obvious draws, but it's the small, quaint little towns like yours that are the real heart and personality of any country.

Thanks Don, if you do make it over this way then we will have to share a beer.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike's Pants
View Post
A wonderful piece Ken. I'd heard she was going to call them Vernon and Petunia Barry Island but we didn't let her! Joking aside that is a lovely view.

Cheers Mike. The view is from the top of Stinchcomb woods, I used to walk my dog up there all the time when I was a kid.

Fun Fact the tower you can see in that picture is Tyndale mounment which is dedicated to the first man to translate the bible into English. For his thankless task he was arrested and burnt at the stake.

Actually I should have mentioned that in the blog as well.
Fight the power Ken!!! If JK Rowling doesn't issue a formal public apology to your home town I'm never reading a Harry Potter book again (or ever, since I've never read one yet). Furthermore, I also refuse to have sex with Emma Watson until such an apology is forthcoming (no pun) even though she would probably beg me for it. Probably.
Quote:

License to kill + facility + proximity mines = The most insane fun you can have on an N64.

And how!

Loved the Kentopia reference, by the way. The word is spreading...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucho
View Post
Fight the power Ken!!! If JK Rowling doesn't issue a formal public apology to your home town I'm never reading a Harry Potter book again (or ever, since I've never read one yet). Furthermore, I also refuse to have sex with Emma Watson until such an apology is forthcoming (no pun) even though she would probably beg me for it. Probably.

I'm hoping she will pay for a statue of me, like James Cameron had to do for the in honor of First Officer Muldon after he turned him into a villian in Titantic.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Savage
View Post
I'm hoping she will pay for a statue of me, like James Cameron had to do for the in honor of First Officer Muldon after he turned him into a villian in Titantic.

If she does that for you I'll definitely let Emma Watson get me in the sack.
Fools need to be pitied in this blog.

http://chud.com/articles/blogs/2842/...he-A-Team.html
Ken Savage, I wholeheartedly agree with your thoughts on...The Awe-Inspiring, And Awesome, Action Series...The A-Team! The only series I like more, than The A-Team is...Star Trek. For me though...Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith was the coolest hero on the show. Hannibal made the plan (usually a...Frontal assault), he was the...2nd best fighter on the team, he told the corniest puns (One of my...inspirations), and on occasion, he got the girl as well. Face, portrayed by...Dirk Benedict, was my second fave character on...The A-Team. Dirk Benedict, remains one of my favorite actors for...Battlestar Galactica 78, The A-Team, and Scavenger Hunt (the best imitator of...It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World! B.A. Might have been the strongest member of the team, but my...3rd fave character was it's...Prettiest. The Lovely, Melinda Culea as Reporter, Amy Amanda Allen, was one of the best gal pals in the history of action series. She was a pretty tomboy, that like Hannibal...Loved it when a plan comes together. Murdock was...Ok. I loved how he teased...BA, though. A skinny guy picking on a bruiser that could ko him with one punch was classic. Lance LeGault's Colonel Decker, along with his LT. Carl Franklin, were the best adversaries for the team. Even though, Hannibal schooled them as much as...Colonel Lynch, at least Decker was more of a threat. Lynch was definitely more of a buffoon, than competant. It is no wonder, the team escaped from his prison.

The problem with the film, is that there was no one for...The A-Team to save, except for Face's gal pals. There was too much time about the origin of the team, and not any innocents for them to rescue. That is my only complaint with the film. I give...The A-Team Film an...A. The A-Team (the classic...NBC series) I give an...A+, as they definitly were an...A+ Team for, NBC!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Savage
View Post
Behold a new blog: Where I take on JK Rowling.

http://chud.com/articles/blogs/2823/...f-Dursley.html

If you ever do feel like passing judgement on Yate Ken then let me know and I'll tell you how far off the mark you are. There's a reason that Banksy's so angry.
Great topic for the blog this week, Ken! Also have to voice my love for the A-Team. Watched that show religiously when I was a kid.

Your three choices for characters to emulate isn't acually that odd. In fact, they all have something in common - smarmy, sarcastic, and witty. I can see the appeal - they were always my favourite characters too. Though, I still had a special fondness for Murdock. His crazy was funny!

I really loved the movie. My impression of it was that the movie is exactly what fans of the original remember the show to be like growing up.
Thanks guys,

Don; I really don't get why it failed, in many ways it's a better homage to the 80's than The Expendables (which I loved).

Diomedes; having only driven through it I can't really pass any judgement. The only thing I can remember about it is the number of people who used to get on the train on my morning commute from Dursley to Bristol.
Behold a new blog where I take a Facebook fad to seriously and examine my 15 album choices....

http://chud.com/articles/blogs/2866/...-me-think.html
Ken you mighty, mighty man. You've got the touch! Not two days ago I bought the Transformers soundtrack on Itunes. An astonishing slice of the eighties. I adore it. I adore you! You are incredible.

In fact I was just about to write a blog about the film, now I'm not sure it would be polite.
The soundtrack is great but the film is like Marmite for a lot of people (thought I'd use a UK expression there), I'd love to hear your take on it.

Glad you liked the blog.
You get a special dedication sir.
Wow. You managed to take an all-too-recurring FB meme and make a great blog entry out of it. I applaud you, good sir!

Love your choices, and I absolutely share your love for the Transformers soundtrack. There are a couple of others on this list that, while they would probably not be in my list, I also have a great love for.

Maybe I should actually give this meme some consideration and come up with my own list of fifteen...
It's kinda weird because it does actually work. The first 15 albums you think of do tend to have some significance if you stop and think about them. Ether that or I just overthought the whole damn thing.

Re-reading that blog I used the words "The Hell" way to much, I promise not to do that in the future
Batman has Robin, Holmes has Watson, I have Fluffy.....

http://chud.com/articles/blogs/2890/...A-Trubute.html
He sounds like a little legend. I have two cats and they are a source of amusement.

What always makes me laugh is how much time I spend trying to impress them. I'm always looking for approval from them (especially the boy) "Toby! Toby! Look Toby! Toby, look at the ball! Toby!"
Someone once said that Cats own the person not the other way round and I think never a truer word has been spoken.
That's terrific. It should be on a T-Shirt!
Thanks for sharing your best friend to us, Ken!

Reading your blog on Fluffy, I totally got where you were coming from. I used to have a cat named Asche who was very similar. She was my little girl. Unfortunately, she passed a couple of years ago at the age of ten. I miss her still sometimes, because she was just so in tune to me.
I really don't know what i'm going to do when he passes on. He is 5 already and Sphinx cats don't live as long as a normal moggy.

I think I'm going to clone him.
I love a good cat (and a good dog). Nice piece Ken.