Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From Dusk 'Til Don: The Blog of Don S.

I've heard so many people give props to Wonder Showzen over the years but it's never screened here yet.

It's blog, it's blog - it's big, it's heavy, it's wood...

http://www.chud.com/46403/from-dusk-til-...the-attic/

This week I talk about one of my favourite things - toys.  Shameful.

you just new i was going to reply to this blog mate....

I owned two Ghostbusters figures, Winston and Peter, what was cool about them was they came with Ghosts to bust so you got two toys for the price of one.

Mask was the last Toy I got into as a kid, Rhino, Thunderhawk, Firefly, Switchblade, Piranah, and Dragonfly were the ones I owned.  I used to havea great game as a kid combining them with my Transformers to make a bigger army.

Oh and i totally blame you for me starting to collect classic He-man figures whenever I see them.  Skeletor, He-Man, and Mer-man have kicked off my collection.

I absolutely did, bud.  In fact, I wrote it with you in mind.

Agreed with why the RGB figures were so cool.  Ghosts and a buster?  Sold!  I really liked the ones they put out where you squeezed their legs together and their faces bulged out in fright expressions.

I had all of the MASK toys you did except Rhino.  I actually managed to pick up Switchblade and Thunderhawk a couple of years back in great condition.  They sit on one of my shelves.

And you have a steel will if you've managed to avoid picking up any of the new He-Man or GB figs on Matty Collector.  That site just screams Ken since it makes two toy lines based on two of your favourite properties...

This blog needs an enema!

http://www.chud.com/47540/from-dusk-til-...-together/

Sorry it's late, folks.  Been a busy week, coming out of a weekend getaway.  But, inspiration was had over that weekend, and now I reminisce about one of my favourite stand-up comics.

Ol' Mitch's delivery was just so damn lovable. He's one of the surefirest of surefire ways to lift my mood up where it belongs.

Great blog man, I don't know much about this comic but i'm going to have to give him a listen now.

Can't stop this blog we started...

http://www.chud.com/49843/from-dusk-til-...p-changes/

I miss arcades...

One of the great things about the British Seaside is that it means there will always be arcades.  Everything from video games to the really old school penny games still exist trapped in time.  I spent 15 minutes last weekend in one of the Arcade's in Southend on Sea trying to win a bunch of pennies by rolling one down a ramp. I then went on to waste several pounds trying to stop an Alien/Nazi invasion with a Chain Gun.

Seriously buddy you need to move to the UK.

Indeed I do, good sir.  At the very least, I'm finding more and more reasons to at least pop in for a visit.

If you do there must be beer, and a meeting of 80's soaked minds.

There's not even a question, good sir!!

My blog series has been moved to Thursdays due to my Wednesday deadlines for Guy.com!  Hopefully this will ease the load a little...  Expect the first tomorrow!

Now on Thursdays!

http://www.chud.com/52352/from-dusk-til-...-sheppard/

I begin a new recurring series...

Great idea for a series man and an interesting first entry.  I would argue that both James Masters and Daniel Day Kim would make ideal candidates as well.

Also all Brits are born with these abilites, it's genetic and makes up for the fact we no longer have an Empire.

Trust me, good sir... both actors will be getting their due very soon...

Thanks for the positive feedback, my friend!

Cool concept Don, keep 'em comin'.

Great piece Don. I love me some Sheppard, I think he brings far more to Crowley in Supernatural than he is given.

This is a great idea for a series. I always remember when Paul Giamatti was one of "those guys" that kept popping up making everything better.

I will echo Ken's Daniel Dae Kim request!