Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fine-Toothed Coombs: A Blog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Coombs View Post

Hey, I have a close friend who loves Robot Jox just as much as you do, Sir Bear. He even had Stuart Gordon sign his dvd copy. It's been awhile since I've seen the film, personally, but between the two of you, I'll track down a copy and give it another look as soon as possible.

Awesome, mate! Pierre almost had me in tears I was laughing so much. What a star!

The aforementioned video and tunes were fine compensations for the recent dearth of Coombs-bloggery.

If you're ever in the mood for re-forming Magic Moose Squadron, I'd love to be a part of that.

"According to Internet..." - that should be the comeback album title.

Okay. I want to get personal next installment. What is your favorite movie? I ask this of every Fine-Toothed Coombs reader. From BobbyBear and beyond! Please tell me! I have measures for us to go! Do not hold back!

My favourite movie is Bandidas.

Quote:

Watch this video.

I did, and I liked it. Fine performances and Texas accents rule. Or is that too much of a generalisation to say there is one Texas accent? Maybe there's an Austin accent and a DFW accent and a Rene (Mr Eko) accent.

Bucho is correct. Bandidas is the only answer. What do you win, my friend? A custom Fine-Toothed Coombs t-shirt! If such a thing ever exists, you will get the first one free of charge.

As for last post's query, I remember nothing of the asking. I've done a bit of drinking here and there recently, but that was the first time in a while that I got truly hammered. How much so? Let's just say I woke up wearing a mauve suit jacket and had an still-wrapped ice cream sandwich in my pants' pocket. It was like a low-rent version of The Hangover.

Hang in there, Coombs-fans! I know it's been some time since a proper entry, but I'm moving around a lot. Should have a pretty stable living situation for the next month or so, and then we can get back to business.

As is, answer my drunken question anyway. I may in fact do a blog post surrounding it all.

Here I go again. On my own. (Disclaimer: Blog contains zero references to Whitesnake).

Good blog man. I am ashamed to say I lasted at lease 15 minutes of Turbo before I turend it off.

I am ENTERTAINED!

The Craft is the one with Fairuza Balk right? That girl does things to me.

I wrote this five mintues ago and I've already forgotten it. The challenge stands, though.

Mr Coombs, I'm here to tell you if you want your audience to somehow participate in your madness then I will be the least useful member of your audience because I am lazy as fuck, if not lazier. But if you require of your audience that they enjoy the ride they take on your words each time then I am the champion of all the worlds.

I ask very little of my people, dear Bucho. If you are of the lazy, then be of the lazy. The driven, the competent, we shall revel in their success, but must we be complicit? I say, "No."

As for this particular entry, you're better off, i must say. This challenge could kill a lesser man or one not driven by the cause of blogitude.

I had something else to say, but I've obviously forgotten it. Adjust your thermostat accordingly.

Quote:

Okay. I want to get personal next installment. What is your favorite movie? I ask this of every Fine-Toothed Coombs reader. From BobbyBear and beyond! Please tell me! I have measures for us to go! Do not hold back!

Aliens.

Let these measures you speak of begin!

Quote:

I wrote this five mintues ago and I've already forgotten it. The challenge stands, though.

Unfortunately, Netflix is unavailable to denizens of my homeland. However, it seems to be available from our nearest equivalent, LOVEFilm! If it's one of the free movies they have on there, I don't think I'll be able to resist the Coombs Challenge!

'sup.

Great to have you back, mate!

I haven't seen Attack the Block, but this only underlines my desire to rectify that promptly.

I enjoyed moments of Horrible Bosses (the bits where it wasn't just being a generic R-rated comedy) and Green Lantern (every space sequence and the bits where it got a bit side-tracked with mopey Hal) in the flawed-but-not-completely disagreeable way.

Cowboys and Aliens occurred approximately 4 days ago and I have no desire to revisit it. Ever.

The less said about that robot abomination the better.

Best films of the year so far? Senna and The Guard. Attack The Block is yet be released here.

Stinkest? I avoided the bad ones because I pay close attention to the reviews and Chewer feedback on CHUD.

By the way Coombs ... don't ever leave us again you fabulous son of a bitch.

Fine-Toothed Coombs: Is This All the Gum You Have?

Nice, you still got it.

Not quite enough to fully make amends for your lengthy absence and all the torment you put us through Coombs, but a nice first step on the road to Forgiveville City.

Great to see you're getting back into the rhythm of these already, mate.

From a purely Rachel Nichols standpoint, should I check out Conan? I'm willing to at least flick through some utter dreck, if there's quality Rachel time to be had.

Sometimes, I miss myself.

ACOME BACK COOMBS!!!

Considering it! Just trying to find something worth writing about. At the very least, I'll attempt to move beyond simply lurking.

A[quote name="Bucho" url="/community/t/122427/fine-toothed-coombs-a-blog/150#post_3685891"]COME BACK COOMBS!!![/quote]

This.
A[quote name="Bucho" url="/community/t/122427/fine-toothed-coombs-a-blog/150#post_3782486"]
This.[/quote]

THIS!