Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The MR. PLINKETT & RED LETTER MEDIA Discussion
I agree - surprise? - with Litmus, I doubt this is going to get nitpicky, but as per the serial killer schtick, I like it in the sense that he's acknowledging the very absurdity of doing what he's doing. As a running gag, it's hit or miss, but I like that he knows his audience - hence debuting it on a Saturday night.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Litmus Configuration
View Post
I doubt CG Yoda will be an issue, the same way that Jar Jar wasn't really an issue in the EPISODE I review. That's what so great about Plinkett's reviews: He focuses on important story and character flaws.

The fact that Yoda is CGI won't be an issue, but Yoda turning into Tiger Crouching Dragon Hidden at the end probably will be.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Dickson
View Post
The fact that Yoda is CGI won't be an issue, but Yoda turning into Tiger Crouching Dragon Hidden at the end probably will be.

Oh yeah, no doubt. Tasmanian Yoda is ripe for the Plinketting.
I hope he mentioned what I've always felt, which is that if you're a Jedi master, why would you expend that much effort and then also be not that good?
Yeah really, if all that effort's only going to buy you a standstill, why bother?
I always wondered why the hell Yoda didn't Force hurl that toppling whatchamajigger at Dooku's ship. Yoda sucks at multitasking.
Considering I've been a fan of Yoda and Christopher Lee pretty much my whole goddamn life, it would take a lot for me to hate a scene with them together. Turning it into a Sonic the Hedgehog game did it.
I can't wait to hear what he has to say about Padme totally overlooking the fact that Anakin just slaugtered a camp full of Sandpeople.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headless Fett
View Post
*Badgering pic*

Shoo.

I'd also like to add that I thought the serial killer bits from the TPM review were great, and a good breather from all the heavy analysis going on - the digression on the best type of Raid to kill a hooker in your crawl-space was one of my favorite bits. I hope there's still a good mix of that.
Quote:

Originally Posted by History Buff
View Post
I can't wait to hear what he has to say about Padme totally overlooking the fact that Anakin just slaugtered a camp full of Sandpeople.

I still don't get why she married him. Or loved him. Or even liked him.
He gave her a crappy keepsake medallion when they were younger that she never gave a second glance at. I mean... that's all it takes, right?
Is this another one from that guy with the incredibly annoying mumbly voice, or is this something that can be listened to without drinking?
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlmightyShmun
View Post
Is this another one from that guy with the incredibly annoying mumbly voice, or is this something that can be listened to without drinking?

Looks like you picked the wrong day to stop drinking, then!
What is the point of something you can listen to without drinking? That's just weird.
It's already Saturday night here...come on America; catch up!
I got to tell two people who didn't know this was coming tomorrow about this tonight. They were just as excited as I was. We talked briefly about THE PEOPLE VS. GEORGE LUCAS, and I would say about this, the difference is that what Red Letter Media is doing is that it's an engineering deconstruction. This isn't about bitching about fanwanking, so far.
Quote:

Originally Posted by History Buff
View Post

Other than his tendency to butcher unarmed, innocent children, he's a really swell guy! Also: big penis.
You know, due to the anticipation of this review, what are the chances that this might overwhelm the youtube's servers and end up crashing it?
Hope it doesn't happen but you have to admit the possibility is there.
If Tay Zonday didn't crash YouTube, this won't.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andre Dellamorte
View Post
They were just as excited as I was. We talked briefly about THE PEOPLE VS. GEORGE LUCAS, and I would say about this, the difference is that what Red Letter Media is doing is that it's an engineering deconstruction. This isn't about bitching about fanwanking, so far.

That's the impression I got too. It wasn't so much a critique in the regular way as reverse engineering. Taking a faulty product apart piece by piece and pointing out the faults in the design of the components. Which is probably also the reason why these take 70 or 80 minutes instead of 15.
90 minutes, promised for this evening. I can't believe I've got youtube appointment viewing.
Seriously considering buying Pizza Rolls for this. This needs a Super Bowl-style Pre- and Post-Game Show.

(And yes, I know. I'm WAAAAAAAY overblowing this. But what can I say? I'm genuinely excited.)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Strumvogel
View Post
You know, due to the anticipation of this review, what are the chances that this might overwhelm the youtube's servers and end up crashing it?
Hope it doesn't happen but you have to admit the possibility is there.

The first part of the TPM review has 1.6 million views, which is of course a big hit but nowhere near any kind of record and is actually less than I would have guessed. The others have a couple hundred thousand views each.

It's awfully popular for something that is 70 minutes long but I don't think the traffic for the AOTC review will be anything YouTube will even blink at.
Ill be honest, I didn't know these reviews existed before Dre's column yesterday. I tore through his PM review and I am now in the middle of his First Contact review. Did I mention I was at work?
Happy to spread the love.
I have ample soda and pizza rolls. Bring this sucker on. (Is it odd I'm looking forward to this so much when I like Episode II?)
I'll definitely be there, but I ain't eatin' no goddamn gross pizza rolls. Are you guys going to wear costumes too?

Nasty.
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dark Shape
View Post
I like Episode II?

Wow, these people exist? Hello!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luca S.
View Post
Wow, these people exist? Hello!

We don't come into the sunlight very often, but yes, there are four of us in this cave.
Make that five, brother.
I made pizza for it. From scratch! None of this roll shit,(we actually don't get them in Oz) but it's for a youtube presentation so I still feel a bit naff. Got this and new Doctor Who to watch so it's probably the apex of my Nerdness. I'm cool with that, ultimately.
Will anybody be in the CHUD Chat Room for this? Hahaha. I don't know if I'll be home at the time, but if I were, I'd totally do it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headless Fett
View Post
Make that five, brother.

Six.

CLONES was one of the best movie-going experiences I've ever had in a theater...probably top 3.

Now, I haven't watched the film from beginning to end in a long, long time. Don't know how well it holds up today. But I'll never forget the burst of excitement and thrills this film gave me when I saw it on opening day.

Lucas really got the pacing spot on here. It was just a lot of fun.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Abed
View Post
Six.

CLONES was one of the best movie-going experiences I've ever had in a theater...probably top 3.

Now, I haven't watched the film from beginning to end in a long, long time. Don't know how well it holds up today. But I'll never forget the burst of excitement and thrills this film gave me when I saw it on opening day.

Lucas really got the pacing spot on here. It was just a lot of fun.

You should maybe give it another spin. Actually, you might be better off with the memory of that original theater experience.
I like the wall-to-wall action of the third act, and Obi-Wan's detective story is nice. Everything else is painful.