Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The MR. PLINKETT & RED LETTER MEDIA Discussion
Definitely a step down from SURVIVING EDGED WEAPONS, but anything would be.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
[Image: 3h8n8kh0s7331.jpg]
Mangy Wrote:TCM 2 is like sentient cocaine.
You've really made it when you're zinged in Mad Magazine...

30 fucking years ago maybe!

Anyway

The gang appeared on Macaulay Culkin's podcast (it's what the idle rich do these days) . It's a rare candid session from guys who have avoided most tropes of internet celebrity.

(06-08-2019, 10:05 PM)hp pufncraft Wrote: [Image: 3h8n8kh0s7331.jpg]

Holy shit, Mad Magazine is still a thing?
Among the 55+ age group I assume.

HAWK JONES looks incredible.
I never heard of Roar before this episode. What an insane back story. Would love to hear Jan DeBont's thoughts on the production.
The story behind Roar is so bizarre it should be a David Lynch/Cohen Bros. co-production.
Weird that Alan Parker's Bugsy Malone apparently never came up in the Hawk Jones talk. Seems like just the kind of movie Jay would name-drop.

But I'm very glad they did Roar, as it's one of those movies I've been curious about and wanted some kind of synopsis of, but really don't want to sit down and watch from beginning to end. (See also: most of the movies on "Best of the Worst")
Originally posted by Schwartz on Cool as Ice ("When a girl has a heart of stone, there's only one way to melt it. Just add Ice."):
"It's not just a mixed metaphor, or that the stone is one that is melting...but the ice is actually making it melt. (kisses fingers) Magnifique."
Singing the praises of one of my favorite movies of this decade, BONE TOMAHAWK...

If anything, I think they undersell how great the interactions between the four main characters are.
and overselling how well shot it is. Its not bad but the limitations are obvious. The interactions cary the movie though, virtually by themselves for most of it, which says a lot.

I'd have liked some background into how they made it at all. How do you get that cast and period setting and the rest for 2mil or whatever it was?
I get the sense some favors were perhaps called in.

I think the movie looks fine, but yes, it's not quite as textured as Jay makes it sound. The stars are the writing and the performances (and the violence!).

I do recommend the latest episode of Best of the Worst because it includes a Neil Breen movie.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
At this point, I almost have to believe Breen is doing all this intentionally.
Why?  Crazy weirdos exist.  Look at Fett.
I'm a bad movie appreciator, but I still haven't bothered with a Breen movie.
Im not even sure which one I would recommend first. Maybe Pass Through.
Mike and Jay seem a bit... subdued?

The real ending to Big...
I liked it more. But not much.