Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You're Killing Me Smalls: How Have Movie Quotes Entered Your Lexicon?

Oh, and I say "Yarp" pretty much daily.

Once a friend of mine said he was going to get a carry and conceal permit. Without thinking I said:"What do you need a gat for? In case someone steps to you Snoop Dog?"

I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.

Ever since the Breaking Bad finale, whenever I'm having a bad day I mumble to myself, "Just get me home. I'll do the rest."

My 11 y.o., since watching Shaun of the Dead in October, has managed to trot out at least three times "You've got red on you."  Ketchup, cranberry sauce and sweet and sour sauce.

It's finally started to get nippy in Tucson, and most of the natives are gettin their bitch on about it.  I say three or four times a day, "The cold never bothered me anyway."

AWhenever somebody does or says something strange it's "You're a weird guy Ace....weird guy.

And 9 times outta 10 when answering something in the affirmative it's "Of kawrsh!"
said in Bane's voice and it works because I can do an absolutely indistinguishable impression of Bane for what that's worth haha..

"Holy shit, man, you gotta get on that."

A"Then you fuck the plant."

"Kill me, I'm here . . . do it now!"

"Farging ice-hole."

"Noice!"

"I had no idea the parts were defective!" - not sure of the accuracy of that one though (All of My Sons).

This is a completely random one but in the Madonna movie, her brother is describing what he and Madonna talk about and says, "This, the other, that..." For some reason, my sister and I ended up adopting it in our conversations.

I don't know if I have a gone a week without quoting Aliens, Predator, or Empire Strikes Back in decades.

Anytime I accomplish some arduous task with my co-workers I will always inevitably quote J.K. Simmons from the very end of BURN AFTER READING.

“What did we learn? Don’t do it again? Though I’m fucked if I know what we did.”

The big one that’s kinda become my mantra is Kristin Wiig’s constant declarations of “You’re never gonna make it” in DEWEY COX. My sister and I always say “I love you. You’re never gonna make it” at the end of every visit or phone call, but I’ve found it’s oddly uplifting at work, especially when we’re getting swamped.

That one has actually really caught on and it’s gotten to the point where for certain co-workers all we have to do is lock eyes during a particularly intense shit-show and we’ll both blurt it out at the same time.

Oh, and “Goddamnit, this is a dark fucking period!” has gotten me through MANY a dark fucking period.
(08-08-2019, 06:15 PM)Overlord Wrote: I don't know if I have a gone a week without quoting Aliens, Predator, or Empire Strikes Back in decades.

Impressive. Most impressive.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(08-09-2019, 12:22 PM)MichaelM Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 06:15 PM)Overlord Wrote: I don't know if I have a gone a week without quoting Aliens, Predator, or Empire Strikes Back in decades.

Game over, man. Game over.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
(08-09-2019, 03:35 PM)hammerhead Wrote:
(08-09-2019, 12:22 PM)MichaelM Wrote:

Game over, man. Game over.

CIA got you pushing too many pencils?

Sometimes, all it takes is the delivery:

"We're in the pipe, 5x5"

"I'll buy that for a dollar."

"I like it!"

"It's a piece of pie" or "Easy as Cake"

Seasonal:
"First goddam week of winter."

I'm continually surprised at some of the depth of pop culture recognition at my place of work.
'God hates me.'
'Hate Him back.'
"That's impossible, even for a computer."
My four-year old has become a repository for quotes from movies he hasn't seen (naturally), and for all I know may never see.

Pretty much since he could talk, once he's dressed in the morning we exchange 

"Looking good, Billy Ray!"
"Feeling good, Louis!"

(08-09-2019, 11:39 AM)colonelcaine Wrote: Oh, and “Goddamnit, this is a dark fucking period!” has gotten me through MANY a dark fucking period.

Haha-- I just issued that one last night while watching ROCKETMAN.
Our sanitariums are full of men who think they're Napoleon... Or God.
When someone is complaining to me, they are sometimes are met with a shrug and “be happy in your work, pear.”
At work, when I desperately need a piece of equipment to function just right under pressure, I often mutter "Come on Big D, FLY."
"Mi skuzy" (skoozy....that pronunciation...sp?). From Eurotrip..
"Piss on you, I'm working for Mel Brooks" comes in handy a lot in my life.