Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Omaha Chewers...we must council
This post is likely similar to the SETI program, but it's worth a try. Are there any fellow film fans in this area? The Filmstreams theater is the best bet for good cinema discussion. I haven't been there yet, still need to make plans around a good movie. The Dundee theater is also an option, although they always seem to be doing Rocky Horror.

What say you? Anyone?
I don't currently live in Omaha, but I was born there, and I'm visiting there this weekend. I absolutely love the idea of an Omaha-based Chewer circle, though. It's about time. So good luck.
I can't believe the Dundee is still playing Rocky Horror though. How long has it been?
I live in Omaha. There's at least two more individuals from Omaha on the site ( Mezz and Master Shake).

I go to Dundee once every month or two for their new releases, but I've never been to a midnight showing there (I get too damn tired after midnight nowadays), but that might have to change as they're playing "Human Centipede" there in a few weeks.

I've been to Filmstreams once (to see "Let the Right One In"Wink, but haven't been back since. I really liked the theater, but unfortunately I live out west so the drive is kind of a pain, and most of my friends and family aren't into the films they show there.

If any Omaha Chewers want to meet up and catch some shows, let me know. I always feel like an uber-film geek in my normal circle of friends.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Brady
View Post
I don't currently live in Omaha, but I was born there, and I'm visiting there this weekend. I absolutely love the idea of an Omaha-based Chewer circle, though. It's about time. So good luck.
I can't believe the Dundee is still playing Rocky Horror though. How long has it been?

It's been a little while. But now it seems like they're playing "The Room" at midnight almost on a monthly basis.
Holy shit.

http://filmstreams.org/filmstreams_calendar.aspx?ID=592

Film Streams is showing the full version of Metropolis this October. The 5th will feature a live accompaniment. What do you guys think?