Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rush Limbaugh Is a Big Fat Racist and Other Observations
Limbaugh has gotten exponentially more provocative since Beck has dethroned him as the prince of distaste and utter un integrity.

Limbaugh is like Billy Graham... he knows what he's saying isn't true, but people are gullible enough and will throw themselves at his feet because he says the things that people are secretly thinking.
Rush Limbaugh's Steinbrenner Eulogy: 'That Cracker Made A Lot Of African-Americans Millionaires'

Ugh.
If ever a comment deserved a WTF it's that. But forget about it, it's Rush. Should we expect better?

But the right isn't racist, I SWEAR!
From today:

Quote:

Tomorrow is Obama's birthday, not that we've seen any proof of that... What? We haven't seen any proof of that! They tell us August 4th is the birthday; we haven't seen any proof of that! Sorry. It is what it is.

Someone, please just shoot him.
I've not seen proof that Limbaugh doesn't jack himself off using ferrets, either.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_674071.html

Quote:

Rush Limbaugh said Friday that the media is allowing Michelle Obama to take a vacation as a form of reparations for "our slave past."

In discussing the lack of media outrage over the First Lady's trip to Spain — which isn't exactly true, as documented here — Limbaugh said that it stems from her race.

"As far as the media's concerned, Mrs. Obama deserves this," he said. "Look at the sordid past. Look at our slave past, look at the discriminatory past. It's only fair that people of color get their taste of the wealth of America too."

This is what rakes in the listeners, is it?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun
View Post
This is what rakes in the listeners, is it?

It's not about the listeners. It never has been. The dirty little secret of Limbaugh's "massive audience" is that his corporate backers force him on stations and many of those stations don't pay to carry him. It's the reason you hear about Gold Bond Foot Powder and the like fucking constantly in the ad portions of the program. Those "sponsors" are more less like sponsors and more like people selling just another product through their role as sponsors on these stations, which is Rush Limbaugh. They sell Limbaugh because Limbaugh gets people fucking stupid enough to call themselves "dittoheads" to vote against their own interests and for the interest of the companies that make things like Gold Bond.

These tactics are all about getting stupid, easily frightened, racist white people scared shitless to the point that they think failing to get to the polls on election day and voting against the Democrats would be an existential threat. They're trying to use fear to improve voter turnout for the people stupid enough to vote Republican and their corporate backers are paying for it to keep the Reagan-era policy leftovers on life support.
Yeah, but don't people have to listen to his stupid worthless show for any of that to work?
"Doctor" Laura lectures a black woman on racism, and in the process says the N-word. Ten times.

PS In my family, we were taught that unless you're a medical doctor or a person of science, you don't call yourself "Doctor". My Dad has a JD but doesn't require anyone to pretend he's Dougie Howser
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun
View Post
Yeah, but don't people have to listen to his stupid worthless show for any of that to work?

If you're willing to spread your show to the most number of stations for the least amount of money from the station you'll find enough idiots to make it pay off. Not saying that the US doesn't have more than its share of idiots. Just saying that if you lower the bar low enough, success can be achieved more easily.

That said, the fact that this troglodyte has an audience at all in my country fills me with despair.
Ha ha, look at this photo from Rush's wedding.

As regards the folks who say (probably with considerable justification) that Rush doesn't believe half the shit he deals out and is only in it for the money, I give you Kurt Vonnegut's Mother Night:

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be."

In fact, the idea of Rush as a Howard W. Campbell Jr. planted here to rile up dummies while speaking in code to, I dunno, Al Qaeda operatives pleases me immensely for some reason. I'm not saying it's plausible. I'm just saying it's a satisfying brief daydream.

There's probably a reason Keith Gordon felt compelled to turn the book into a (superb) movie in 1996, when the Republican noise machine against Clinton was in full roar.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarence Boddicker
View Post
Ha ha, look at this photo from Rush's wedding.

"Jimmy, can we put up the picture of me with my black friend?"

Colbert's whole riff on that was priceless.
Frank Accuses Limbaugh of Homophobic Attack

Quote:

House Financial Services Chairman Barney Frank on Monday accused conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh of launching a “vicious, homophobic attack” on him in the lead-up to the midterm elections.

The Massachusetts Democrat, who is openly gay, said Limbaugh, who has been critical of Frank for years over his liberal positions, reached a new low last Thursday during his nationally syndicated show. In addition to referring to the Financial Services chairman as the “banking queen,” Limbaugh played the song “My Boy Lollypop” as he talked about Frank and added slurping noises into the song that simulate the sounds of a sexual act.

“He just launched this very, even for him, vicious, homophobic attack,” Frank said during an interview on MSNBC.

Frank spokesman Harry Gural said Tuesday his office was “shocked” and “offended” to hear how Limbaugh was characterizing the lawmaker.

“I find it completely disgusting. I cannot believe he would play that on the radio. A lot of people would find that revolting,” Gural said.

Christ...
Rush Limbaugh: Obama Looks 'Demonic' In Recent Photos

Quote:

Rush Limbaugh said Monday that President Obama has "switched from Messiah to demon."

The radio host said the president looked "demonic" in photos that were taken over the weekend and that appeared on the Drudge Report Monday.

"These pictures, they look demonic," Limbaugh said of the Obama photos. "And I don't say this lightly. There are a couple pictures, and the eyes, I'm not saying anything here, but just look. It is strange that these pictures would be released....It's very, very, very strange. An American president has never had facial expressions like this. At least we've never seen photos of an American president with facial expressions like this."

"I mean, I feel like I'm watching The Omen: 666 and all that," he would say later. "This is weird, weird, weird stuff."

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTSMGL
View Post

Has he seen any of his own pics from the last fifteen years?
When Limbaugh describes someone as demonic I'd pay attention. He is the manifestation of Slaanesh in the material plane after all. He would know.
He's basically inciting religious nuts to violence with that kind of talk. A frighteningly large portion of republicans already think "Obama may be the anti christ", and how he's playing right into their irrational bronze age fears.

Next up: The days have been getting shorter recently ... has Obama been stealing life giving energy from mighty Helios?!
Okay, that's just adorable. He just wants that attention soooo bad.
Quote:

Originally Posted by stelios
View Post
When Limbaugh describes someone as demonic I'd pay attention. He is the manifestation of Slaanesh in the material plane after all. He would know.

Looks more like Nurgle.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Merriweather
View Post
Looks more like Nurgle.

Come on. He's glutonous, rich, he takes drugs, the takes sex trips to third world countries. If that's not Slaanesh I don't know what is.

I'm just sayin'....

Maybe they're sharing a body this time out.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schwartz
View Post
Okay, that's just adorable. He just wants that attention soooo bad.

Seriously. Is he running out of material or what?
http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo...ix.php?ref=fpb

Motor Trend Editor lays the smackdown on the Rush 'n' Attack. Good for them.
Oh, that fat rotten windbag was running his rancid mouth about things he has no idea about? I'm shocked!

LOL Rush Limbaugh.

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201102040023

So people who use facts to back up there beliefs "need to be defeated." What an asshole.

I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.

hahaha. He sounds like a child."I do...I don't think...you understand."

That's the basis of his argument.

Whatever he's been doing, he's been doing for 20 years and people still eat his shit up.

Bump

The latest Rush controversy actually seems to be heralding the end of an era. 24 sponsors (and counting) have pulled ads/ contracts from the Rush Limbaugh show after Rush spent THREE DAYS making vicious personal attacks against Sandra Fluke. At least one radio station has dumped the Rush show over his remarks.

Following this story I was shocked to learn that Limbaugh has only 15 million listeners. I could swear it used to be way way more than that.

So is this Rush's "Imus" moment? Are we seeing The Final Days of El Rusbo?

One would like to hope so. Maybe go out like the King, heart attack on the toilet with a hoagie in one hand and a 9mm in the other, crying about the 'good ol days'.

With all this Kony business it might be a good time to bring up Rush smearing Obama as anti-christian for sending troops to fight the LRA.

Clive Barker knows what to do about Limbaugh:

"I'd love to turn Limbaugh into a Cenobite.He'd envelop his victims in folds of foetid fat while farting Mein Kampf".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelouboyle View Post

Clive Barker knows what to do about Limbaugh:

"I'd love to turn Limbaugh into a Cenobite.He'd envelop his victims in folds of foetid fat while farting Mein Kampf".

And this is why Clive Barker rules.