Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Atlanta troll bump thread
#71
Sooo... anyone going to DragonCon?

Tia Carrere's gonna be there!
Reply
#72
Good morning everyone. You're not gonna believe this, but your uncle Marcellus just died and left you $5M and a do-it-yourself foot massager. Send me a PM that includes your banking information and the last four of your social to collect.
Reply
#73
Bad Religion at the Masquerade on Halloween night. Maybe. Just possibly maybe.
Reply
#74
Are you gonna dress up like a 21st Century Digital Boy?
Reply
#75
Green chile burger tacos at TDS this week. I'm gonna go try some tonight. I've got HIGH HOPES like Sammy Hagar.
Reply
#76
Same color coming out?
Reply
#77
I'll let you know tomorrow.

(no I won't)

The tacos were delicious, though.
Reply
#78
Any of you folks know the Young Blood Gallery? My wife is selling jewelry out of there again. Russ said it was a nice place, and they've sold a ton of her stuff.
Reply
#79
I do! I live about two blocks from it, in fact, and bought some Christmas presents there last year. They do have a ton of cool stuff in there. How is her stuff listed? Under her name? I'll go give a look sometime.
Reply
#80
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Gray
View Post
Sooo... anyone going to DragonCon?

Tia Carrere's gonna be there!

Yep, I'll be there. Summer Glau was just announced. And a 45th anniversary of "I Dream of Jeannie" reunion with Barbara Eden, Larry Hagman, and Bill Daily! What more incentive do you need?
Reply
#81
Gwar at the Masquerade Oct 10th.
Reply
#82
Anyone want a set of six WATCHMEN mini-posters? The main characters, and a group shot. They're all rolled up, in good shape-- could look nice, I guess, if you wanted to do something with them. About 12" x 18", I think.
Reply
#83
I'll be at DragonCon. Doing a panel on Friday at 2:30 for the podcasting track about doing v/o work for podcasts. Then I have a panel on Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m. as part of the HowStuffWorks podcasts panel. And if you catch the documentary they're running on PBA about DragonCon, I provide some commentary for that.

I think Creative Loafing is going to run a piece on the con with some stuff from me too. Out of all the things to be thought of as an expert on. . . oy. But then again, my dad was the toastmaster for DragonCon back in its first year in 1987.
Reply
#84
Quote:

Originally Posted by JonStrickland
View Post
I'll be at DragonCon. Doing a panel on Friday at 2:30 for the podcasting track about doing v/o work for podcasts.

I was considering attending that, since my dream is to be a character voice-actor. I may see you there. I'll be the guy with the beard and witty cartoon-related t-shirt. I'm sure you'll be able to pick me out of the crowd.
Reply
#85
Men of Dad's Garage Calendar Promo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEZb1zRoTpI
Reply
#86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Riviello
View Post
Any of you folks know the Young Blood Gallery? My wife is selling jewelry out of there again. Russ said it was a nice place, and they've sold a ton of her stuff.

Young Blood is great. They carry prints, weird posters, usually affordable art, and lots of handmade stuff. The annual skateboard show is always fun, they do a day of the dead show too, and it's a great place for picking up gifts.
Reply
#87
Hey, the Braves are up 8-0 in the 5th! Would have been nice to see this shit the last few days.
Reply
#88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Misfit
View Post
Hey, the Braves are up 8-0 in the 5th! Would have been nice to see this shit the last few days.

9-1 in the 8th. Thank Jeebus. I'm still holding on to that faintest glimmer of hope for the pennant. (Yes, I know I'm silly.) If the Phillies take it yet again, I'm going to have to avoid some friends and bar buddies for a good while.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Martianman
View Post
I was considering attending that, since my dream is to be a character voice-actor.

Bahahahahahaha! Dream accomplished? Or was that just the beginning?
Reply
#89
If I got paid for it, that would be nice, although I'm not sure where the Hentai dubbing market is these days...
Reply
#90
Well I know most of the regular anime is done in Texas, but screw it, let's start our own company. I'll bring Barry in with his "movie guy" voice and we'll be ballin' in no time.
Reply
#91
You should really go try the Breakfast Panini at Sun in My Belly. Seriously-- one of the best breakfast sandwiches ever made. The bacon is AMAZE.
Reply
#92
They've got the tilapia + jalapeno mac & cheese special at Taqueria del Sol this week. Recommended!
Reply
#93
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Gray
View Post
I do! I live about two blocks from it, in fact, and bought some Christmas presents there last year. They do have a ton of cool stuff in there. How is her stuff listed? Under her name? I'll go give a look sometime.

No idea how it's listed but of all the stores selling her stuff around the country, they've sold the most. Must be doing something right there! She had to give the jewelry-making a break because of the kid but she's back at it- just look for Sam Riviello, I suppose. Some of her stuff is up here but she's working on a new line right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroplate
View Post
Young Blood is great. They carry prints, weird posters, usually affordable art, and lots of handmade stuff. The annual skateboard show is always fun, they do a day of the dead show too, and it's a great place for picking up gifts.

Sounds awesome, actually. All the stores she sells at over here are tiny and don't really do anything exciting.

(I love how I helped bump this thread up with a shameless shilling of my own!)
Reply
#94
Wild Heaven Beer, the brewery from Paste founder Nick Purdy, is rolling out its brews now. Think I'll swing by the Porter for a pint or two tonight.
Reply
#95
I had the Salted Butter Caramel ice cream from Morelli's last night at the recommendation of Mr. Micah Robinson. It did not disappoint. Go try some!

Also, if you can track down the Westside Creamery truck at an event, the Green Tea/Sugar Cookie ice cream sammich is very nice.
Reply
#96
How 'bout that rain, eh? Supposed to be nice the rest of the week, though.
Reply
#97
I caught LOVE AND OTHER DRUGS last night, thanks to Nick's link here on the site. Recommended if you enjoy the sight of Anne Hathaway's perfect breasts and smile.
Reply
#98
Perfect storm this weekend: Replicant, The Quest, and Timecop all on TV at the same time Saturday night. Van Damme in the past, present, and future.
Reply
#99
Friend of CHUD Matt Myers is appearing in Two Gentlemen of Lebowski down at Dad's Garage. Go!
Reply
Can anyone recommend any good restaurants in Buckhead or Midtown? My parents are flying into Atlanta on Thursday, which happens to be my mom's birthday and I want to take them out for dinner. I've been trying to find something that's nice but not too extravagant, a few notches below fine dining but well above an Applebee's.
Reply
Maybe Rathbun's? Delicious, and not outrageous. This is a different restaurant than Kevin Rathbun Steak, which is nearby, and more expensive.

If you'd like a nice, quiet little Italian place, try Pasta Da Pulcinella.

Where'd you end up living, sir?

Gonna come see Ghostbusters at the Plaza tonight?
Reply
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario
View Post
Can anyone recommend any good restaurants in Buckhead or Midtown? My parents are flying into Atlanta on Thursday, which happens to be my mom's birthday and I want to take them out for dinner. I've been trying to find something that's nice but not too extravagant, a few notches below fine dining but well above an Applebee's.

Sounds like you're basically looking for a "first date"-level restaurant, and I've always thought Baraonda in Midtown fit that bill well. If you're up for driving out to Decatur, Watershed is great.
Reply
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Gray

Where'd you end up living, sir?

Gonna come see Ghostbusters at the Plaza tonight?

I was actually thinking about doing Ghostbusters tonight! Was trying to get some coworkers into it but no takers. And I really want to go to the Plaza but haven't had a chance yet. It's definitely tempting....

So I ended up getting an apartment on Highland Ave. right off of Freedom Parkway. I guess you could say it's in Old 4th Ward. Pretty nice place (although a little expensive), and a really great view of the downtown skyline from my balcony. But, the bad news is I have to give it up at the end of the month because I have to go to New York for the next 5 months for work-related reasons.

I looked at some of the pictures of Rathbun's, it looks really nice and it's only a few blocks away from my place. Thanks for the recommendation, Gray. How would you describe the menu?
Reply
Seen in the mens bathroom at the Mellow Mushroom in Buckhead.

Reply
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario
View Post
I was actually thinking about doing Ghostbusters tonight! Was trying to get some coworkers into it but no takers. And I really want to go to the Plaza but haven't had a chance yet. It's definitely tempting....

So I ended up getting an apartment on Highland Ave. right off of Freedom Parkway. I guess you could say it's in Old 4th Ward. Pretty nice place (although a little expensive), and a really great view of the downtown skyline from my balcony. But, the bad news is I have to give it up at the end of the month because I have to go to New York for the next 5 months for work-related reasons.

I looked at some of the pictures of Rathbun's, it looks really nice and it's only a few blocks away from my place. Thanks for the recommendation, Gray. How would you describe the menu?

I would describe it by posting this link to the menu, because I'm a smartass sometimes.

Matt's rec of Baraonda is good, too. It's right by the Fox. They validate your parking for the garage across the street.

Highland at Freedom? You probably live less than a mile from me. I'm near the corner of Ponce/Moreland.

Come on out for GHOSTBUSTERS! I plan to be there, and so does Josh (iwasakabukiman on here). Should be a good time-- especially if you've never been to the Plaza. You can see a little pic of me if you follow the Twitter link below this post. Say hi if you see me.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)