Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atlanta troll bump thread
Last call for GHOSTBUSTERS! 9:30 at the Plaza!
Nick Hornby's coming to town, going to be appearing at the Highland Inn Ballroom Lounge.

http://www.acappellabooks.com/
Yeah, I got choked up during Bobby's post-game press conference.
The stupid Eagles concert is going to destroy my commute tonight.

Also, The Stupid Eagles would be a great band name.
The Natural Grape flavor from The King of Pops is nice, but too subtle for my tastes (it has no added sweeteners). If you can get the Raspberry Lime, it's a winner.
The King of Pops chocolate covered banana is a thing of wonder.

Guided by Voices this weekend!
Mango Habanero kinda blew my mind. I've heard great things about the Chocolate Sea Salt, as well.
Ooh, he's got Pineapple-Lime at the corner again today. You should try one of those, too, if you like yer citrus.
I just got the COMMUNITY S1 DVD in the mail. This is gonna be awesome.
This is getting old. Parks & Recreation S2 is on Netflix streaming now. You should go watch it.
Best margarita in town? I'm partial to the Bone Garden's spicy margarita with mango.
Haven't had the margarita, but Bone Garden's sangria will make you slap your mama.
If you see the Yumbii taco truck around town, I recommend a pork taco and an order of the sesame-crack sprinkled fries. Delicious.
Food truck soiree at Souper Jenny tonight.
You going? I was thinking about stopping by on the way home, myself.
I think we're going to try to make it.
You nerds need to get a life.
Darmok at Tenagra, Steve. Darmok at Tenagra.
When the walls fell? You won't get me with that.
THE ROOTS are playing a battle-of-the-bands kinda show (vs. Shiny Toy Guns) tomorrow night at The Tabernacle. Tickets are only about $10. You should probably go.
If you did not heed my suggestion to buy Roots tickets, you missed a helluva show. Ten-minute cover of Jimi's "Fire"? Yes. Done. Killed. To death.
GRINDERMAN plays tonight at the Variety Playhouse. That's all I got.
I'd like to see that, but I'm going to Cirque tonight. I hear this one's about bugs. Help.*

Also, Anais Mitchell plays at the Earl tonight. I don't know her, but she's Matchstick-approved.

*I'm looking forward to it. But the fact that it's insect-themed makes me laugh.
Had to ditch on this one. Couldn't make the drive up tonight due to work commitments in the morning. Next time. Have a great one watching Cirque du Bugs.
If you're in town this weekend, things you might consider:

1. The All Night Drug Prowling Wolves are playing at the Earl Friday with the Coathangers. The Wolves are my favorite local band and are a lot fun live. They're kind of Pogues-y/Joe Strummer-y/awesome-y.

2. Asshole Santa at Criminal on Saturday, as portrayed by Chunklet's Henry Owings.
If you're in town this weekend, Will and Gray can tell you some things to do.
Like hell. I'm going on vacation Thursday. You fuckers are on your own.

Though I guess robbing my apartment is now an option.
Everybody finish up their 2010 to-do lists? No? Hurry up!
A Clockwork Orange tonight at The Plaza at 9:30. Then again this Friday at 9:30 and midnight.

A bunch more Blockbuster stores are closing... several North of town, and the one on Ponce, which I assumed was immortal.

Currently 14% off used BDs at the Ponce store, with a nice assortment to pick from.  I got LET THE RIGHT ONE IN and THE FALL for about $13 total tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gray View Post

A bunch more Blockbuster stores are closing... several North of town, and the one on Ponce, which I assumed was immortal.

Currently 14% off used BDs at the Ponce store, with a nice assortment to pick from.  I got LET THE RIGHT ONE IN and THE FALL for about $13 total tonight.

You got a link?  I missed out on the one by me when it closed about 6 months ago.

No, but today I confirmed that the State Bridge one near Nick's place is closing.  Currently 30% off on used BDs, 20% off used games.  They close mid-February.

The Crabapple store is reportedly staying alive for now.

I visited the one on Medlock Bridge near Cinco's and picked up 3 Blu-Rays for $8 each.  They're also open until mid-February.