Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World Post Release
AI like Detention.

I don't think a lot of it works, but I like it. It's odd because Kahn seems to favor metacommentary over narrative. That's just who he is and I'm generally not fond of that. Still, there was a tinge of sweetness in Detention that I really liked.

I wonder if he liked IT FOLLOWS...
AThat's the charm of Detention: it's totally mocking millenials while also fairly sympathetic towards every character.

Probably why Khan would be a good fit for a legit Power Rangers film.

And yes Detention is actually great.
AI hate DETENTION so much that I now hate all of you. Defending DETENTION is unforgivable.
Awe found the button!
AI like Detention more than I like Scott Pilgrim.
AIt's because you're old and dying. Detention is the movie we deserve.
A[quote name="Ska Oreo" url="/community/t/125192/scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-post-release/1350#post_4153652"]Detention is the movie we deserve.[/quote]
In the way that we deserve Donald Trump, sure.
ANoooooope.
AYou're the problem with the world today, Ska.

I think Scott Pilgrim's biggest problem are it's leads, whereas Detention's problems lie more with the film and the way it tells it's story.

You can say a lot of things about Josh Hutcherson, but he does have a more relatable every man quality than Michael Cera. There's just this weird distance to his performance as Scott Pilgrim that makes the film rather dull, when it shouldn't be.

AI wish the people that REALLY deserve Donald Trump WOULD get him and leave the rest of us out of it. If only the world worked that way..
AI like Michael Cera. I like looking at Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

Hell with you haters.
AUltron and Scott Pilgrim being talked about in 2016!? Only on CHUD!
ACHUD never moves on. Once a conversation takes hold of CHUD, it's there forever.
A(brings DETENTION thread back to life)

(mentions TDKR)

(mentions TORQUE)

ADock fight kinda sucks..
A(mentions Watchmen)
A[Image: giphy.gif]

Man, I step away from the boards for one day and look what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stockslivevan View Post

Looking at Michael Cera causes eye cancer. I like looking at Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

FIFY

A[quote name="MichaelM" url="/community/t/125192/scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-post-release/1350#post_4153935"]Man, I step away from the boards for one day and look what happens.
[/quote]

There's a thread about me now.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartleby_Scriven View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post

Man, I step away from the boards for one day and look what happens.

There's a thread about me now.

Showing this to 7, 9 & 11 year olds. One could do worse in introduce non-standard relationships to their children.

I haven’t been keeping count, but it’s likely this is the most watched DVD I’ve ever owned.
PSN: Kriegaffe