Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Purpose Screening Thread Go!
Mmmm...Canter's. Yeah, a Midnight Showing kind of makes that issue kind of difficult to get around. Its times like this I wish I had a monster truck so I could just park over other cars.
Let's all score a couch and bro down together (let's not do this, I like you guys but there's gotta be a line).

Also, if anyone's interested, maybe we can grab a beer at Village Idiot or Snake Pit on Melrose afterward?
Hate to be the bringer of bad news, but bars will be closed or closing by the time you get there.
True. Didn't think of that.
OMG! 8 MILLIONS WAYS TO DIE and TO LIVE AND DIE IN LA tonight at Cinefamily!
fffffffffffffffffff

I'm doing an open mic in Pasadena tonight. FUCK.
That's what you get for chasing your dreams, Jake.
Last night I had a dream that I was part of a marine biologist team on a hovercraft charted by Jon Hamm, traveling through the swamps of Louisiana where I ended up stealing a huge bag of weed from terrorists. So yeah, dreams = chased!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake
View Post
Last night I had a dream that I was part of a marine biologist team on a hovercraft charted by Jon Hamm, traveling through the swamps of Louisiana where I ended up stealing a huge bag of weed from terrorists. So yeah, dreams = chased!

Write this screenplay immediately.
I would definitely watch that movie.

And I would definitely watch 8 Million Ways To Die/To Live and Die in LA tonight if I didn't have a lot of stuff to do wednesday.

Actually, I thought they were doing the Neon Noir thing on Friday nights? Is this being thrown off by the Rare Exports thing?
I skipped on the open mic (and, by association, getting to see To Live and Die in LA on the big screen) to get a free sushi dinner and get laid. I'm a horrible person.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Youngblood
View Post
I would definitely watch that movie.

And I would definitely watch 8 Million Ways To Die/To Live and Die in LA tonight if I didn't have a lot of stuff to do wednesday.

Actually, I thought they were doing the Neon Noir thing on Friday nights? Is this being thrown off by the Rare Exports thing?

Neon Noir ended tonight. This weekend is a Jim Henson rarity showcase. Plus RARE EXPORTS. No thematic connection.

Quote:

View Post
I skipped on the open mic (and, by association, getting to see To Live and Die in LA on the big screen) to get a free sushi dinner and get laid. I'm a horrible person.

Yes you are.
Quote:

View Post

Horrible person? You're currently my hero.
Quote:

View Post

Sex AND Free Sushi? You sir, are a god upon the earth.
Sorry guys, gotta bow out tonight. I know I keep chalking my absences up to women, but y'all would slap me if I passed this woman up for a movie. We're gonna go be real bad on her dime right now. Have fun and keep me posted on the next one, please!
You mean to say "Hey baby, want to cruise down to Fairax at midnight and see a Finnish Horror movie about Santa Claus" wasn't a viable option.

You missed a hell of a movie.
You need to think big Jake. You should have had sex with her AT the screening. Two birds. One stone.

Well our Friday horror series will officially launch in Jan. Plenty more goodness to be had.
Hellz yeah. Keep us posted on the lineup.
The Facebook page for Friday Night Frights, the horror movie screening series Sebastian OB and I are programming at Cinefamily, is up and fighting. There's nothing to look at yet, but LIKE the shit out of it and you'll be hooked up to learn what awesome shit we'll be showing once we lock down our slate.

Also, please share on our Wall any films you're dying to see (especially unreleased or upcoming films you've been reading exciting buzz about).
Already likin' you dudes, because I'm gay fer yez.
Who wants a free pass to a shit load of crazy animated films?

http://chud.com/articles/articles/26...VAL/Page1.html
Aah, too short notice. But that looks great.
So anybody planning on going to that Shane Black thing at The Cinefamily?
I RRREEEAALLLY want to. I gotta double-check my schedule.
Alas. I will be out of town.

First night of the Animation Festival at Cinefamily was fucking radtastic. MTV animation retrospective blew my face off with nostalgia. Goddamn THE MAXX. So badass. Recommend people check shizzle out this weekend. Some amazing things playing you might possibly not get to see for several years. Plus, despite giving up weed over a year ago, I plan to get blazed as all get out for the FANTASTIC PLANET (with live score) on Sunday. Skol.
Jake, let me know if you're schedule works out. A couple of friends and I are planning on going and we're probably going to get there early to make sure we can park and then hang out at Canter's for a bit before the show.
I can do it, and I'm down with that. I just have to wait until Wednesday to buy tickets. Also, if y'all get there early enough we can hit one of the better/hipper places on Melrose rather than Canter's unless y'all are dead set on Canter's.
Haha, one of my friends demanded somewhere "warmly lit with pancakes", might have been joking though.
DOGTOOTH playing Jan 7-13 at Cinefamily.

Also Sebastian OB and I's Friday Night Frights series is officially starting midnight Jan 7 with TUCKER AND DALE VS EVIL.

So if you're really hardcore, you can come to the late show of DOGTOOTH, then pull an impromptu double feature with TUCKER.
NICE. I'm gonna try to get there.
Hmm, catching the THE TOWN/GONE BABY GONE with Ben Affleck Q&A at the Aero on Thursday night. Might be able to catch this midnight showing though I'll be a zombie for the weekend most likely.

But, if Jake's going to be there...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshua Miller
View Post
DOGTOOTH playing Jan 7-13 at Cinefamily.

Also Sebastian OB and I's Friday Night Frights series is officially starting midnight Jan 7 with TUCKER AND DALE VS EVIL.

So if you're really hardcore, you can come to the late show of DOGTOOTH, then pull an impromptu double feature with TUCKER.

Definitely might try to get to DOGTOOTH. My midnight showing days, sadly, are long gone.
Enter to win suckas! http://chud.com/articles/articles/27...EST/Page1.html
EEEEEEEEE

Entered! Still gonna be there regardless.
For the midnight one, I mean. I'll be the ugly longhaired fucker with a pretty brunette. Wait until I'm alone to ask if I either forced her there at knifepoint or paid for her company, I don't need you guys to embarrass me.