Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The L Train: Peter's Blog
#36
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoolong
View Post
She's got boobs in 3DDDDD!!!!

I HAD TO SIT THROUGH "THE SWITCH" WHILE THAT PLAYED NEXT DOOR??!!!

My Karma must be out of synch.

I've gone Stargate mad now. Isn't that Jaye "The Crying Game"
Davidson as Ra?
Reply
#37
Yeah, in one of a few roles he's done before going back to modelling I think.

Not exactly the greatest filmography of all time, but I guess playing a sorta pedophilic alien prettyboy is some way to go. He followed that up with a Nazi photographer or something.
Reply
#38
I just saw a movie what had robots and a guy that looked like Duke from GI Joe.
Reply
#39
Why have I never heard of this film? I will now spend the remainder of my working day researching it.

Neolong, Piranha 3D left a lasting impression on you didn't it?
Reply
#40
Piranha 3D should leave a number of lasting impressions on people...in 3DDDD!
Reply
#41
I talk about Twitter. Yay!
Reply
#42
What you say about how it only got you interested when you were following a shitload of peeps is the opposite for me Peter. I signed up a year or so back but only really started using it in the last few weeks, and my struggle has been to keep the number I follow small so I don't miss the good shit.

And by good shit, for me, I mean the funny shit. I follow some people for news, like Devin and Nick, and a few buddies from across the net to stay in touch, but mostly I just follow people who use Twitter as an outlet for writing sub-140 one-liners to crack me up. I rarely post anything myself, and when I do it's in the same vein. Something I've thought of that I think might make someone laugh.
Reply
#43
It depends on the people you follow. The guys I initially followed didn't tweet much or was news link stuff, so looking at the page was the same thing over and over again. With more people, and more prolific tweets, it's more interesting because there's new stuff almost every time I go back. Some of it funny, I follow Patton Oswalt for instance, sometimes not.

It's like switching from the pot to the meth, or so I heard on the street.
Reply
#44
Thanks for the mention, sir! I must admit I have a really hard time with twitter. I only use it to announce new blog posts and the very occasional retweet. I only follow people I find interesting, including a few chewers. I originally thought I’d create the account to market the blog and publish awesome oneliners, but I’ve failed miserable at the second.

By the way, I just realized I’m not following you. I’ll correct that right now.
Reply
#45
Heh. Yeah I get you now Peter, I think I follow about 40 and it's too many for me because at least 25 of them are quite prolific. And yet I can't unfollow anyone - it feels rude.
Reply
#46
Quote:

Originally Posted by natalia
View Post
Thanks for the mention, sir! I must admit I have a really hard time with twitter. I only use it to announce new blog posts and the very occasional retweet. I only follow people I find interesting, including a few chewers. I originally thought I’d create the account to market the blog and publish awesome oneliners, but I’ve failed miserable at the second.

By the way, I just realized I’m not following you. I’ll correct that right now.

You just need to get in the mindset that the Internet needs to hear what you have to say RIGHT NOW! There's no time to use more than 140 characters!

Thanks for reading and following. Although, I imagine that the first tweet of mine you got on your feed was me saying I wanted to see a movie set in the college shown in Transformers 2. So, ha.

Bucho, I don't think anybody's tweets, even Jake's, are so important that I have to read every single one. I just read what pops up on my feed when I have the time.
Reply
#47
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoolong
View Post
Bucho, I don't think anybody's tweets, even Jake's, are so important that I have to read every single one. I just read what pops up on my feed when I have the time.

But what if somebody says something hilarious and I miss it?!?!?
Reply
#48
I just added you to my twitter feed. You should follow me too @intheneaux since my other blog is a feeder to neauxclickedonit my asian music blog. I've got like over 50 japanese bands following me on twitter, just because I wrote articles about them.
Reply
#49
Quote:

Originally Posted by neaux
View Post
I just added you to my twitter feed. You should follow me too @intheneaux since my other blog is a feeder to neauxclickedonit my asian music blog. I've got like over 50 japanese bands following me on twitter, just because I wrote articles about them.

Followed, now you can read what I have to say about THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS all the time!
Reply
#50
Did you know there was going to be a sequel to POINT BREAK?

I talk about that and what I would want it to be.
Reply
#51
People are harping on about a Bill & Ted sequel, but I think a Point Break sequel would be perfect. I would love to see grown up Keanu playing a grown up Johnny Utah.

Neolong I can probably scrape together about £50, would you accept that as a down payment for a script? I think you would do it proud!
Reply
#52
Ha. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I'll be honest though, when I read through it again to edit it, I noticed that it's the exact same plot as RAMBO.
Reply
#53
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoolong
View Post
I'll be honest though, when I read through it again to edit it, I noticed that it's the exact same plot as RAMBO.

Hell that's why I leapt on it! Which is why it should just be called Utah. Damn man that's genius!

Also:
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoolong
View Post
She softens his heart, but not his pants (hey yo).

That made me spit coke all over my cat. Kudos to you.
Reply
#54
They would have to find a way to resurrect Angelo Pappas to get me to watch a Point Break sequel.

I said it in the B-Thread, but thanks for the plug to my Twitter in your other blog entry, neo!
Reply
#55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rene (Mr.Eko)
View Post
They would have to find a way to resurrect Angelo Pappas to get me to watch a Point Break sequel.

Heh, Angelo's twin brother.

Or, just have Busey in a bushy beard play an old ex-pat that supplies Johnny Utah with guns when he decises to go on his rampage. When Johnny wavers about getting back into it, Busey-twin can have a monologue about how he used to be a mercenary but an incident with a woman and a bridge in Bosnia led to an enlightenment of sorts.

Or just get Rourke.

Quote:

I said it in the B-Thread, but thanks for the plug to my Twitter in your other blog entry, neo!

No problem. It's always good to have you pop up on my Twitter feed.
Reply
#56
I watched DEEPSTAR SIX. Not DEEPSTAR SUX.
Reply
#57
Two in a week.

I went down to see some Screamfest stuff, specifically a collection of short films.
Reply
#58
re: The Pack - don't leave me hanging dude, what would they do to survive?

I like how you think of the Deepstar monster as the victim too.
Reply
#59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucho
View Post
re: The Pack - don't leave me hanging dude, what would they do to survive?

That would be telling.

But seriously, one gets bitten and wants to run outside because the church they're hiding in kills the werewolves. The other doesn't want that to happen because then the werewolves might get him, because he hasn't been bitten.

I'm pretty sure the boy teen is the guy that does Fred of YouTube fame, so I kinda wanted him to die.

Quote:

I like how you think of the Deepstar monster as the victim too.

Chester just wants his boy back!!!
Reply
#60
It's almost as if we are the real monsters.
Reply
#61
I get in the Halloween mood. How about you?
Reply
#62
I watched LASERBLAST. The seventies most awesome sci-fi epic of all.
Reply
#63
Sir, you have quite an exotic film pallette. That one's hard to find here but I'll give it a try.
Reply
#64
Thanks. Don't go out of your way to find it though, if you can find it in a video store though...
Reply
#65
Love the stills, neo! I've had this movie on my Instant list for a while now. Mostly because the cover art makes it look like it's Klaus Kinski wielding the laser cannon.

I'll be seeing this movie soon thanks to your review.
Reply
#66
I'm guessing they thought putting the alien on the cover would make it more appealing?

They're in the movie, but not very much. Not enough to justify being central on the cover of the DVD at any rate.
Reply
#67
Nerdboy McNerdison is the best thing I've read in months.
Where do you find these gems?
Reply
#68
Thanks. It's a product of a misspent childhood and a neighborhood video store. That and basic cable.

Oh yeah, here's the description from Netflix:

"In this campy sci-fi classic, misfit teen Billy Duncan (Kim Milford) leads a miserable existence. That changes, however, when Billy finds a laser gun abandoned in the desert by a pair of aliens. Now, Billy has the supernatural powers that will enable him to get back at his enemies. He soon discovers, however, that each time he fires the gun, he begins to mutate -- turning little by little into an alien himself."

I guess the gun uses his life force or something which also causes the mutation? Because I have no idea how a laser gun gives him supernatural powers. It gives him laser gun powers, not turns him into a vampire.
Reply
#69
I watched me a bunch of movie this year. Some of them were crappy. Some of them were really quite good.
Reply
#70
That's a fine list. I was starting to worry I was the only one who liked The Expendables.
Though, I would recommend you watch The Town as soon as you can. That's my film of the year.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)