Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pants on the Outside: A Blog by Mike
Another great read Mike. Dammit, I'm trying to save money at the mo but I really wanna go pick up Kick Ass at lunch now. Hmmm. Oh, and I know I'm late to the party, but can I join in the Transformers the Movie love in? Much like bobby, I think I can pretty much recite all the dialogue from memory. and though I think it really drags a bit after Starscream's death, it's still always a fun time.
Damnit Mike you have just reminded me I really should watch this film.

Great stuff as always.
Gah! And our bromance is so young.
Let me know the second you watch it, the tension is unbearable.
I'm sure I will love it, Vaughn and Goldman are my favorate combo at the moment.

Plus Jane Goldman is insanley hot.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Savage
View Post
I'm sure I will love it, Vaughn and Goldman are my favorate combo at the moment.

Plus Jane Goldman is insanley hot.

True that!

The pressure you and Bucho have put on me is intense, what if you don't like it? It's only a matter of time before you both find me!

Thanks again for reading

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Beattie
View Post
Another great read Mike. Dammit, I'm trying to save money at the mo but I really wanna go pick up Kick Ass at lunch now. Hmmm. Oh, and I know I'm late to the party, but can I join in the Transformers the Movie love in? Much like bobby, I think I can pretty much recite all the dialogue from memory. and though I think it really drags a bit after Starscream's death, it's still always a fun time.

Thanks very much Dave. Bobby and Ken will confirm the Transformers party can not and will not stop. Ever.
Also, Bucho, Taylor Hanson is gorgeous. There I said it.
You don't need to convince me buddy. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Bop indeed.
Ha ha. I keep my Hanson card quite close to my chest. One day I will share.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike's Pants
View Post
Bobby and Ken will confirm the Transformers party can not and will not stop. Ever.

Not on my watch! I've got better things to do tonight than let the Transformers party stop.

I've got the same hesitance about second viewings, by the way. That's the first time I've ever heard anyone say the same thing. Makes me look forward to, hopefully, getting my hands on the Blu-ray all the more.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Bear
View Post
Not on my watch! I've got better things to do tonight than let the Transformers party stop.

That's going on a T-Shirt!

I am in the dark ages and don't have a Blu-ray player. I'm missing out on some highly defined ass kickery.
Quote:

View Post
That's going on a T-Shirt!

I am in the dark ages and don't have a Blu-ray player. I'm missing out on some highly defined ass kickery.

haha, thank you, sir!

If you have the means and/or inclination, I highly recommend picking up a PS3. It is, truly, so choice. Bayformers Mach 1 was my trial disc when I first got set up and... yeah, it was delightful. Leon and The Dark Knight are two other personal B.D. favourites. Plus, it'd be nice to finally get some online Chewer co-op on the go.
I am scrimping and saving every penny I have to get my PS3 on. I'd love to shoot something with you Bobby! And I NEED to get UP on Blu Ray
Another Entry: Dropping My Pants or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love My Name Where I ask: What's in a name?
What's inside a person is all that matters Mikeypants, and as far as I can tell you have a magnificent spleen.
It's huge Bucho, absolutely huge.
It continues to amaze me how much we think alike. I've pondered the same issues as only another man with a username derived from the real name/nickname combo format can. Rest assured, whatever you decide to do with your handle, you'll never be just another Joe Bloggs.*

This post was a Lifetime Presentation.

* Seriously.

Quote:

View Post
I am scrimping and saving every penny I have to get my PS3 on. I'd love to shoot something with you Bobby!

I make it my business to try to get every new Call of Duty and usually a number of games of the same ilk so that'd be superb! I may not be the slickest soldier around, but I don't know how to walk away from a fight so we might be able to conquer the lobbies by wearing out our opponents Homer-style, then pushing them over once they're exhausted.

"The Artist Formally known as Daddy Bobby Washington" is just wonderful, by the way.
I could handle you using your real name but would be mortified if you ever got rid of your Chris Klien avatar.
That, too.
Quote:

View Post
It continues to amaze me how much we think alike. I've pondered the same issues as only another man with a username derived from the real name/nickname combo format can. Rest assured, whatever you decide to do with your handle, you'll never be just another Joe Bloggs.*

This post was a Lifetime Presentation.

* Seriously.

I make it my business to try to get every new Call of Duty and usually a number of games of the same ilk so that'd be superb! I may not be the slickest soldier around, but I don't know how to walk away from a fight so we might be able to conquer the lobbies by wearing out our opponents Homer-style, then pushing them over once they're exhausted.

"The Artist Formally known as Daddy Bobby Washington" is just wonderful, by the way.

I guess deep down I've always known your name wasn't really Bobby Bear but still....

I love that you are, not only, a first person shooter fan but a serious strategist with it. "We will fight them on the beaches!" I'm there mate!

Quote:

View Post
I could handle you using your real name but would be mortified if you ever got rid of your Chris Klien avatar.

For the first week or so on the boards I desperately tried to get a pretty brilliant Jeff Bridges Gif to work but it wouldn't, then like mana from heaven, Chris' audition surfaced.

As always thanks for stopping by!
Quote:

View Post
I love that you are, not only, a first person shooter fan but a serious strategist with it. "We will fight them on the beaches!" I'm there mate!

Outstanding!

And I did just see the pre-order posters for Black Ops hanging up in HMV today...
As we speak I am putting my pennies into an account intended for a PS3. It is hereby known as the "Mike and Bobby waste some fools" fund. I hope you approve!
Another Entry: Where I mourn my lost youth
With that title (Mike And Bobby Waste Some Fools) it can't fail to be epic.
A touching and heartfelt piece Mikeypants. If you're not headbanging regularly you then your neck musculature won't be in condition, and that's what I'll wager is your issue. Find five to ten minutes a day (in the car, at a bar, on a plane, watching Fame) to devote to the art and then when the time comes to do a good session in the pit your trusty old neck will be much more trusty.

(The waiter line cracked me up.)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucho
View Post
A touching and heartfelt piece Mikeypants. If you're not headbanging regularly you then your neck musculature won't be in condition, and that's what I'll wager is your issue. Find five to ten minutes a day (in the car, at a bar, on a plane, watching Fame) to devote to the art and then when the time comes to do a good session in the pit your trusty old neck will be much more trusty.

(The waiter line cracked me up.)

That's a fine fitness regime Dr Bucho. I have been slacking (only practicing in Church, at meetings etc) Ill get more in as per your advice. I hope I can return the favour. Are there any ailments currently worrying you?

Thanks for the diagnosis and again for reading. (Most of what you say cracks me up)
Quote:

View Post
As we speak I am putting my pennies into an account intended for a PS3. It is hereby known as the "Mike and Bobby waste some fools" fund. I hope you approve!

Approve doesn't even begin to cover it, sir!

Quote:

View Post

Another brilliant idea for a blog brilliantly executed. It's safe to say your youth is still very much in effect. Plus, "it's not how old I am, it's how old I feel", as Ian MacKaye said...

My finest pit moments were probably seeing Tiger Army and Rancid (both in Belfast) way back and Anti-Flag 4 years ago (in Manchester.) I went in with the correct spirit on all these occasions and was rewarded with some of the craziest fun I've ever had. One or two fellas at Tiger Army thought they were playing basketball, though; it's not a non-contact sport, people!

Quote:

View Post
With that title (Mike And Bobby Waste Some Fools) it can't fail to be epic.

Cheers! I'm sure Dr. Bucho would make a fine addition to both title and team. What do you reckon, M.P? You can never have too many team-mates around to resuscitate me, after my umpteenth charge at the enemy. Trust me on this.
Quote:

View Post
Another brilliant idea for a blog brilliantly executed. It's safe to say your youth is still very much in effect. Plus, "it's not how old I am, it's how old I feel", as Ian MacKaye said...

My finest pit moments were probably seeing Tiger Army and Rancid (both in Belfast) way back and Anti-Flag 4 years ago (in Manchester.) I went in with the correct spirit on all these occasions and was rewarded with some of the craziest fun I've ever had. One or two fellas at Tiger Army thought they were playing basketball, though; it's not a non-contact sport, people!

Thanks again Dude. You're very kind. Damn straight, I refuse to let go of sixteen your old Mike.

They sound like fun gigs! As long as everyone is having fun and giving as good as they get with a smile on their face you can have a riot (I mean in the best way)

Quote:

View Post
Cheers! I'm sure Dr. Bucho would make a fine addition to both title and team. What do you reckon, M.P? You can never have too many team-mates around to resuscitate me, after my umpteenth charge at the enemy. Trust me on this.

You are a painting yourself as an absolute maniac. Genius! I think we're really on to something here.
That's a touching proposition gents, but these days I wear an ankle bracelet which prevents me from taking part in gaming activities myself. If I so much as touch a controller I will explode into a pile of coins.

Besides, "Mike and Bobby Waste Some Fools" has a perfect ring to it already, I just hope to continue to live vicariously through the adventures of you dangerous sons of bitches. (No offense to Mama Pants and Ma Bobby.)
Coins? Man alive the justice system in New Zealand is epic!
Great blog man, as a guy that thinks he is still 18 but is actually 33 I feel your pain.

But nothing and I mean nothing will stop me for hitting the dance floor if "Living on a Prayer" starts playing.

This post is sponserd by the "I love Bon Jovi and I don't care" support group.
Thank you! Ah dude you are so right.

That faint tinkle, then the bass and then the whole place goes mad!

I will also lose my shit over "bam buh-bam 'I got ma first real six string' bam buh-bam etc" There is a club in Cardiff (and Bristol) called Reflex that plays nothing but eighties rock of that kind.

If you have a card or phone number for that support group I would appreciate it.
Quote:

View Post
Thanks again Dude. You're very kind....

They sound like fun gigs! As long as everyone is having fun and giving as good as they get with a smile on their face you can have a riot (I mean in the best way)

You're very welcome, mate! They were both awesome gigs, yeah. By no means the best I've been to from a purely performance perspective, but very hard to top in the fun stakes. You're absolutely right about crowds, too. I've never really seen a crowd get that aggro with one another, surprisingly. Just the occasional objection to those on stage.

Quote:

You are a painting yourself as an absolute maniac. Genius! I think we're really on to something here.

I just get right into it, but always in good fun. My F.P.S. playing style doesn't match my personality at all, since I'm usually the model of calm whilst running full pelt into an enemy trench, lobbing grenades all round me.

The red mist has been known to descend on FIFA/Pro Evolution, but that's usually just against random cowards who always one-two their way to the box instead of actually playing football.

Quote:

View Post
Besides, "Mike and Bobby Waste Some Fools" has a perfect ring to it already....

Thanks very much, man! I do love the clan-tag as sitcom title ring it has to it.

Quote:

View Post
But nothing and I mean nothing will stop me for hitting the dance floor if "Living on a Prayer" starts playing.

I feel the same way about "Even Flow." And, if I knew anywhere that played "Tom Sawyer", that too.
Quote:

View Post
I just get right into it, but always in good fun. My F.P.S. playing style doesn't match my personality at all, since I'm usually the model of calm whilst running full pelt into an enemy trench, lobbing grenades all round me.

Actually the image of you causing death and carnage completely straight faced and motionless is even better!

Quote:

View Post
By no means the best I've been to from a purely performance perspective, but very hard to top in the fun stakes. You're absolutely right about crowds, too. I've never really seen a crowd get that aggro with one another, surprisingly. Just the occasional objection to those on stage.

I went to a Levellers gig once and, like you said, it wasn't the best gig I've ever been to (still brilliant) but the crowd were a group of drunken lunatics. Everyone was going beserk, it was a fantastic atmosphere.
Quote:

View Post
Thanks very much, man! I do love the clan-tag as sitcom title ring it has to it.

Sitcom nothin' Bobby, that's a feature film title right there. I'd pay my $15 and sit down with my ice cream and popcorn combo to watch Mike and Bobby waste some fools in Mike And Bobby Waste Some Fools on the big screen.
Quote:

View Post
Thank you! Ah dude you are so right.

That faint tinkle, then the bass and then the whole place goes mad!

I will also lose my shit over "bam buh-bam 'I got ma first real six string' bam buh-bam etc" There is a club in Cardiff (and Bristol) called Reflex that plays nothing but eighties rock of that kind.

If you have a card or phone number for that support group I would appreciate it.

Dude Reflex is my favorate club we will have to rock there sometime