Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pants on the Outside: A Blog by Mike
I popped you an email chaps.

I have been shamefully absent and neglectful, I have an entry about my travels across the pond: The Bronx is up, the Battery's Down, and Mike is Lost Somewhere in the Middle
Wonderful blog, Mike! I know well the feeling of dually trying to keep one's image as slick world-traveler while still being awed by everything around you.
It's exhausting isn't it? My wife managed to take a photo of me just as I noticed the Daily Bugle building (I have no idea what it's called in real life) I'll try and dig it out, it's hilarious/embarassing.

Thanks for reading and your kind words, It's nice to know Im not the only one!
I think it's appropriate just to call it the Daily Bugle building.
I've just discovered it's called The FlatIron Building which admittedly is pretty bad-ass but still...
Great entry, Mike! You're one over on me, as I live in the US and have yet to visit the Big Apple myself. Sad, really.

But I digress... Awesome rundown of your visit!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Don S.
View Post
Great entry, Mike! You're one over on me, as I live in the US and have yet to visit the Big Apple myself. Sad, really.

But I digress... Awesome rundown of your visit!

Thank you partner.

We were only really there by chance, we originally were just going to transfer in JFK on our way back from Orlando but we were able to stay over a day or two. I would recommend it, although I got bad pizza which was pretty heartbreaking. I'm a man who enjoys his pizza.
Great blgo my man, you echoed my own feeling when I visited New York a few years back. You may not be Palin but i'd read a travel blog by you anyday.

But shame on you for forgetting Barry's most famous export, Gavin and Stacey (i'm only half joking, Rob Brydon is the best thing about that show.)
Thank you very much. I can't imagine you being anything but the definition of cool sauntering down Broadway.

I'll say this now. No amount of the brilliant Rob Brydon can save Gavin and Stacey. That program is like nails on a chalkboard to me, but I seem to be alone on that. I'm turning into my Dad.
Your comment about feeling like you knew the city before you got there because of countless hours watching movies of it reminds me of a buddy of mine who lived in NYC for a while and used to get a kind of deja vu brought on by his countless hours playing GTA.

Anyway, thanks for making me envious dude.
Humble apologies, I hope we can still be chums. I'm a bit of a GTA nut myself, the geography is changed around a bit but things like Broadway are replicated in worrying detail (considering the carnage that takes place). I would worry that someone might have a Manchurian Candidate style snap and start some zany mayhem.
Great to see you back in blogging action, Mike... and in style!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Cellophane
View Post
I know well the feeling of dually trying to keep one's image as slick world-traveler while still being awed by everything around you.

My small-time muck savage credentials were too obvious for me to even try adopting a slick image when I was in New York. They were written all over my wide-eyed face, I imagine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike's Pants
View Post
We were only really there by chance, we originally were just going to transfer in JFK on our way back from Orlando but we were able to stay over a day or two. I would recommend it, although I got bad pizza which was pretty heartbreaking. I'm a man who enjoys his pizza.

Sorry to hear that, man. I've not been back in years, but the New York pizza I was fortunate enough to sample is still the benchmark. Even over genuine Italian pizza.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Bear
View Post
My small-time muck savage credentials were too obvious for me to even try adopting a slick image when I was in New York. They were written all over my wide-eyed face, I imagine.

See now that I don't believe. My image is of you taking to the Macy's Day Parade like Ferris Bueller and rocking out to Twist and Shout subsequently owning the city.

Thank you again dude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike's Pants View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Bear View Post
See now that I don't believe. My image is of you taking to the Macy's Day Parade like Ferris Bueller and rocking out to Twist and Shout subsequently owning the city.

Thank you again dude.

You're very welcome, kind sir!

Somehow I missed this until now. I must've thought I'd already read the last post for some strange reason. Nonetheless, I was coming in to say how much I'd love you to get back on the blog trail again, spotted it, and here we are...

Re: Bueller - that made me laugh, but you flatter me, mate. I wish I could say that's how it'd be! Deep down, though, I know I'm really so much more of a Cameron, the guy shouting "YOU'RE CRAZY!" to the person on the parade from the side...

Unless, of course, it's in the middle of one of those wacky Mike and Bobby flicks wherein we both waste some variety of fools. In that case, I'd be all over that parade float and the mic atop it like a mouthful of coke spat all over Ed Rooney's smug face.

"C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, ba-by, now!"...