Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BNAT 12: THE DIRTY DOZENTH!
Austin Chewers: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47038

Going to go for it?
I imagine SUCKER PUNCH is a shoo-in.
I'm going for it. AND I think I've already figured out what my Dirty Dozen photo is gonna be.
Given the theme, I bet True Grit gets in there too.
Submissions are live.

http://www.buttnumbathon.com/blog/bn...ubmission-form
If we hadn't already blown a huge chunk of cash on an unexpected trip to Austin last week, I'd consider this.
How much does this thing usually cost?
I'm just thinking travel and accommodations.
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Gray
View Post
How much does this thing usually cost?

Ticket have been $60 - $70. I'd imagine they'd be $70 this year. It's 24+ hours of movies, so it ends out being a pretty good fee.
This is why I kill myself, practically, to go every year.

http://vimeo.com/16168084
That's a great video, and I can only hope that this year is finally my year.
Some of these MANDOM videos are awesome. I won't link mine; I'll never live it down. Of course, saying that means it'll show up here.
Midnight tonight, Central time, is the last night to get your apps in. Just a reminder to any who still want to spply.
I realized I'd be faking too many answers, so I decided not to apply. Haven't seen DD in years and years, and I'm at a film festival so it's been too difficult to try and squeeze in a rewatch (not to mention that other flick that one needed to have seen).

So anyway, I thought I'd share my entry photo. Might get used in a column one day or something.

BNAT Portrait by Renn Brown, on Flickr
You pee... green?

A fantastic photo.

I wish I could have applied, but I just don't have the money to go to Austin and buy the ticket since I might be making a big move soon. I will go to BNAT one day. One day.
Well, I managed to get everything except the MANDOM video made, thanks to lovely stuff like, y'know, working for a living. At least it was a high-paying gig.

I'm gonna go cry now.
Hilarious shot, Renn.
I don't know if any other Chewers got in, but JustDarren and I did.

Also, apparently, did Meghan McCain (!) And yeah, that's the real Meghan McCain.
So, Tron played, what else? Sucker Punch?
Green Hornet played. Devin says not great.
True Grit played but no Sucker Punch. I'm jealous.
They got a preview of Cowboys & Aliens and Ringo. Tron was the last film. Green Hornet as said above. Santa Fe Trail. Le Samourai. The Fighter. Hobo With a Shotgun. On the Town. Richard Pryor: Live in Concert.

Rian Johnson and Joseph Gordon Levitt were there. So was the showrunner for Cougartown.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey Moore
View Post
So was the showrunner for Cougartown.

He used to write for AICN.
Saw a mention over in the talkbacks at AICN that Drive Angry played. Anxious to hear reviews if true.
Laughton's Hunchback Of Notre Dame played also. Only thing I am really jealous of is Chimes of Midnight.
Is out wrong that I'm more jealous of them seeing On The Town then any of the new releases? Ann Miller on the big screen just sounds awesome.
Yeah, I'd love to see Chimes at Midnight on the bigscreen. Some of the other vintage films too. The new releases, other than True Grit, don't seem that awesome. Or that exclusive.

Edit: Let me add on and say that came off more dismissive than I thought it should. There's a great selection of vintage films. Screening Chimes at Midnight for an audience is a real coup. And the new films sound very good on a whole. If it's not the ultimate experience in moviegoing, it sounds like a really terrific 24 hours regardless.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47717
I think I'm most jealous of watching Richard Pryor: Live in Concert with a packed audience. That's seriously, laugh for laugh, one of the funniest films ever.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan "Nordling" Cerny
View Post

Quote:

"As for myself, I got into a fairly devastating auto accident taking my wife and daughter to the dentists. We can't drive for shit on ice in Texas, I was going too fast on an overpass, and there you go. BNAT for 2009, gone, in less than a minute. I was devastated."

Please tell me you realize how fucked up that is.
"Ohana means family. And family means no one gets left behind, or forgotten. Unless, of course, you're an overgrown man-child with an inflated sense of his own self importance devastated his finances are so fucked he can't take a single day off work to spend watching movies in a theater with other overgrown manchildren who have managed to create their own special fraternity, because those fratboys that stuck their heads in the toilet in high school are SUCH JERKS." -- Award-winning film Lilo and Stitch, screened BNAT 2001.
Never mind that, what was the film you didn't want to review?
It's Paul Aufiero from Big Fan but with movies.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Thomas
View Post
Never mind that, what was the film you didn't want to review?

If Wikipedia is correct, it was Hobo With a Shotgun.
Nobody wants to review Hobo With A Shotgun.