Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Pre-Release Thread
#1
Official title, official thread. Have at it, nerds.
Reply
#2
Obligatory Batman boner joke. There, it's done and out of the way. Hopefully we won't have to read a thousand more following this post.
Reply
#3
Who's the more nerd? The nerd, or the nerd who starts the thread?
Reply
#4
More good news: the source article has Nolan saying it won't be in 3D, but will focus on HD and IMAX technology.
Reply
#5
I hear Mo'Nique has been cast as Catwoman to make it really edgy and realistic. I agree with this decision.
Reply
#6
A pre-release thread? Jesus. It doesn't even have an IMDB page or a filming start date does it?
Reply
#7
Quote:

Originally Posted by TzuDohNihm
View Post
A pre-release thread? Jesus. It doesn't even have an IMDB page or a filming start date does it?

No, but we have a title, release date, a director, writer, a good chunk of the cast. It's not like the production is in doubt or it's only being spitballed.
Reply
#8
What's the over/under on number of pages by opening day?
Reply
#9
The Batman 3 Speculation Thread is no more. Begin the Dark Knight Rises speculation.
Reply
#10
RIP Batman 3 Speculation Page. You had a good run.

(Moment of silence)

So, Nolan has went on record in different interviews saying Riddler, Freeze and Penguin are not in the next movie. Who does that leave us as valid choices as the next villian? I'd have to go with Hugo Strange, Black Mask or Deadshot as working best within Nolan's take on Gotham.
Reply
#11
Quote:

Originally Posted by JPL
View Post
So, Nolan has went on record in different interviews saying Riddler, Freeze and Penguin are not in the next movie. Who does that leave us as valid choices as the next villian? I'd have to go with Hugo Strange, Black Mask or Deadshot as working best within Nolan's take on Gotham.

Black Mask and Deadshot would be a great combination.

However, I'm wondering if TDKR will be as structurally and tonally different from TDK as that film was from BEGINS. I am really hoping, since this is Nolan's conclusion to his take on Batman, that the film will resemble BEGINS in the sense of giving Wayne/Bats a clear, satisfying arc and keeping him front and center.
Reply
#12
Not crazy about the title, but the exclusion of The Riddler more than makes up for it.
Reply
#13
Noomi Rapace would make an awesome Magpie.
Reply
#14
I think Talia al Ghul might be a cool villainess/love interest, if only to tie it back to the first one.

I'm curious about the villain, but I'm more hopeful/relieved/grateful about the continued exclusion of Robin. Thank God Nolan has taste.
Reply
#15
Okay, I won't fanwank, but I'll make a bet. It's probably going to be Black Mask and Catwoman. I base the Black Mask idea on a lot of the rumors regarding who Nolan was considering for TDK before settling on the Joker, but the Catwoman thing is just something I feel is going to turn out to be true. A fresh take on an old favorite and a newbie. That is all.
Reply
#16
I was coming to cheerlead naming it "The Caped Crusader", but then someone said "Shadow of the Bat" and stopped me dead in my tracks. That's a good, good name.

ETA: Or "Knightfall", too! Goddammit, Nolan, you picked a stupid name. "Knightfall" and "Shadow of the Bat" are all from Batman comic books, so they tie into the character effortlessly!
Reply
#17
I think I'd like to see the last villain be a physical villain. Batman's such a physical character, but we have yet to see him really fight someone who can stand toe to toe with him.

Yeah, there was Ra's, but they most danced around each other on the train car. The face-off with the Joker at the end of TDK was unsatisfying: all that build up, and then Batman fights some dogs?

Let's see some brawling this time around.
Reply
#18
Quote:

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny
View Post
Okay, I won't fanwank, but I'll make a bet. It's probably going to be Black Mask and Catwoman. I base the Black Mask idea on a lot of the rumors regarding who Nolan was considering for TDK before settling on the Joker, but the Catwoman thing is just something I feel is going to turn out to be true. A fresh take on an old favorite and a newbie. That is all.

We got a fresh take on Catwoman in 2004. I don't think the world is ready for another one, even if it's coming from Nolan.

Talia Al Ghul and Black Mask make the most sense in Nolan's world.
Reply
#19
Isn't anyone else more interested in seeing new takes on characters they grew up watching in Batman cartoons and the '60s series? I'm surprised how many people are hoping for people like Black Mask or Hush. As someone who has never read the comics, I know nothing about them. Oddly enough, the first time I saw them was in the "Lego Batman" video game. Yes, I am childish. At least Deadshot was in "Justice League". And if you want brawling, I suggest Bane. Yeah, the steroid-like venom stuff is silly, but if written as an exceptionally intelligent guy who can both overpower Batman physically and use his intelligence to track him down, he might work.
Reply
#20
I think of the title as a person rises after being knighted. That or this is about the rise of The Dark Knight to the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now, so we'll hunt errr umm yeah.

It's not like we're not going to see if because of a weird title.

I think the title "The Dark Knight" has recognition, so like Indiana Jones, it has to be in the 3rd title. On that note, I hope Batman Begins doesn't get converted to The Dark Knight: Batman Begins, that a 4th movie comes out and totally sucks and the movies later all get converted to 3D later down the pike.
Reply
#21
Guys lets not post so much that we crowd out other upcoming releases. Films coming out in the next few months, which actually need the attention.
Reply
#22
I'm sure multi-tasking on a message board won't be much of an issue, Bluelouboyle.
Reply
#23
If Catwoman really is in this I'm guessing she'll be some vigilante hired to track down Batman. (duh)
Reply
#24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naisu Baddi
View Post
Isn't anyone else more interested in seeing new takes on characters they grew up watching in Batman cartoons and the '60s series? I'm surprised how many people are hoping for people like Black Mask or Hush. As someone who has never read the comics, I know nothing about them. Oddly enough, the first time I saw them was in the "Lego Batman" video game. Yes, I am childish. At least Deadshot was in "Justice League". And if you want brawling, I suggest Bane. Yeah, the steroid-like venom stuff is silly, but if written as an exceptionally intelligent guy who can both overpower Batman physically and use his intelligence to track him down, he might work.

Oh, I wish Nolan was doing the Riddler since he's always been my favorite Batman villian since I was a kid. However, the Riddler along with the other usual suspects (ex: Joker, Catwoman, Two-Face, and Penguin) have been interpreted so many different times that I wouldn't mind seeing some more obscure characters get the spotlight for a change.
Reply
#25
What's this I'm hearing about the Dink being cast as Bat Mite?
Reply
#26
Killer Croc could be a villain that is really inspired by what the Joker stood for. Actually I just wanted to share this.
Reply
#27
What the fuck is that supposed to be?
Reply
#28
Quote:

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny
View Post
What the fuck is that supposed to be?

A screenshot of Kevin Grevioux as Rize from Underworld, made to imply he'd make a good Killer Croc...?
Reply
#29
A fuzzy picture of a black vampire, apparently.
Reply
#30
I just Google imaged Killer Croc and I found that gem.
Reply
#31
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMantis
View Post
If Catwoman really is in this I'm guessing she'll be some vigilante hired to track down Batman. (duh)

I don't think there's any "duh" about it; she would work much better for what she already is: a criminal who is neither wholly corrupt nor simply on Bat's side.

Deadshot or Deathstroke would work much better in the "hired to hunt Batman" role.
Reply
#32
I could see Tom Hardy playing Killer Croc. He has a sort of gravely speaking voice. It would be less "walking lizard", and more "guy with scaly skin". Or maybe he just has freaky tattoos. Like Max Caddy in Cape Fear.
Reply
#33
I thought we all agreed that Tiny Zeus Lister played Killer Croc in The Dark Knight.
Reply
#34
Quote:

Originally Posted by t3cii
View Post
I could see Tom Hardy playing Killer Croc. He has a sort of gravely speaking voice. It would be less "walking lizard", and more "guy with scaly skin". Or maybe he just has freaky tattoos. Like Max Caddy in Cape Fear.

These films don't need any more people with gravely speaking voices. Bale has ruined that for everyone.
Reply
#35
I want Tom Hardy playing Azrael.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)