Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our thread about PODCASTS

Loved the German one!

Yeah, August Lindt, still the funniest podcast episode I've ever heard. They're doing a sequel to it so that'll be interesting.

I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!

Did anyone upthread recommend Atlanta Monster? It's about the investigation into the Atlanta child murders of 1979-1981. Limited series (similar to S-town in that regards). I'm 3 episodes in and it's very good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evi View Post

Yeah, August Lindt, still the funniest podcast episode I've ever heard. They're doing a sequel to it so that'll be interesting.

Hope they bring back Giger from beyond the grave!

Anyone else listening to Marsfall? It's this fun sci-fi podcast about colonists on Mars - some of the writing's a bit iffy, but the really impressive part is how it manages to pull off some pretty nifty action sequences solely through sound - something that is incredibly different to pull off.
(03-10-2018, 12:26 AM)dent6084 Wrote: Anyone else listening to Marsfall? It's this fun sci-fi podcast about colonists on Mars - some of the writing's a bit iffy, but the really impressive part is how it manages to pull off some pretty nifty action sequences solely through sound - something that is incredibly different to pull off.

How you do mean iffy? Flat plotting? Dull dialogue? Nonsensical characterization? Sex scenes with alien life forms?
I think I read a conversation on here between a few people(one of them I’m pretty sure was Bradito) and they spoke of the greatness that is the We Hate Movies podcast. Holy shit I love this.

I’ve been laid up in bed after a moped accident (broke my collarbone in three places, and a broken cheekbone) and this podcast has been passing the time perfectly.

Some great eps: Date with an Angel, Mortal Kombat 1 and 2, Mrs. Doubtfire, Dreamxatcher and Three Men and a Baby.

Any other podcasts y’all can recommend that either dissect bad movies or more academic ones that talk about great ones?

Also, thanks again Brad, WHM has become a new fave.
Remember how Adam Scott and Scott Aukerman (aka Adam Scott Aukerman) are so perfect together they made a podcast about U2 that is so splendidly goofy that even people who don't like U2 love that podcast?

Well, they're doing one about REM now.
Not sure if this is the right place, but...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p060h1b2

Hopefully it's better than the actual book, it at least contains MOST of the original voice cast...I've yet to listen.

Just thought you guys would want a heads-up...

...it's gonna be shit, isn't it?
...don't do it
Sometimes looking backwards isn't a bad thing...So I want to shout-out to 'Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast', purely for planting a smile on my face and a spring in my step during the past years normal Monday Morning Shitfest.

Thank you Gilbert and Frank!! I may not be sane, but I've used your insanity to grant me pause...

...and Gillbert's laugh makes angels cum. Heart

https://www.gilbertpodcast.com/
...don't do it
Limetown is finally coming back for a second season, this Halloween: https://twitter.com/limetownstories/stat...6582150150

Also, narrative, scripted podcasts are experiencing something of a boom right now. Shows like What's The Frequency, Marsfall, Girl in Space, The Bright Sessions, The Far Meridian, Wooden Overcoats and more - there's a pretty impressive breadth of independent creators out there doing some wildly inventive and fun stuff. People are starting to get seriously creative with what they can do with sound (Marsfall in particular manages to pull off some pretty damn great action sequences with just sound), and there's also a wide range of genres out there that creators are starting to experiment with. Lotta great sci-fi, in particular.
Can you describe someone as having a 'punchable voice'?

'cause David Schwimmer sure has one in the first series of 'Homecoming'.

Strangely, that's a compliment (...and has probably been uttered a load up-thread...)

soz
...don't do it
(03-20-2018, 03:51 PM)graham Wrote: Sometimes looking backwards isn't a bad thing...So I want to shout-out to 'Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast', purely for planting a smile on my face and a spring in my step during the past years normal Monday Morning Shitfest.

Thank you Gilbert and Frank!! I may not be sane, but I've used your insanity to grant me pause...

...and Gillbert's laugh makes angels cum. Heart

https://www.gilbertpodcast.com/

Heck yeah, Gilbert is a stupid amount of fun. He was back on Keith and The Girl this week too, and just an unalloyed delight. Well ... maybe a little alloyed.
Late to the game but I'm listening to the first season of Serial, which is timely given the very recent developments in the case.

Slow Burn is up after that.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Been enjoying Blank Check's James L. Brooks miniseries, though it's hard to think they'll top Producer Ben's meltdown at the end of the I'll Do Anything: The Musical Cut bonus episode. I was laughing my ass off.

(03-10-2018, 03:26 PM)Bucho Wrote:
(03-10-2018, 12:26 AM)dent6084 Wrote: Anyone else listening to Marsfall? It's this fun sci-fi podcast about colonists on Mars - some of the writing's a bit iffy, but the really impressive part is how it manages to pull off some pretty nifty action sequences solely through sound - something that is incredibly different to pull off.

How you do mean iffy? Flat plotting? Dull dialogue? Nonsensical characterization? Sex scenes with alien life forms?

Some of the dialogue's a bit dull and exposition-y early on, but overall it's a great listen. There's a sequence in the season finale that is jawdroppingly tense.

Really been doing a deep dive into audio drama lately - there's some KILLER stuff out there. What's The Frequency (if you like weird-as-hell drugged-up noir, this one's for you), Girl in Space, The Far Meridian (the sound design in this one is astounding) and Wooden Overcoats (which just finished its third - and best - season) are particularly recommended.