Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our thread about PODCASTS
Robert Plant is starting his own podcast:

Quote:Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant announced the launch of Digging Deep, The Robert Plant Podcast. The legendary rocker’s podcast debuts on June 3 via iTunes, Spotify, Acast, YouTube and other podcast hosting platforms.

Plant will be joined on the podcast by host Matt Everitt. Each episode will feature Plant examining a track from storied career to detail the “inspiration, collaboration and intervention” that went into the creation of the song.

Sounds like a verbal companion to this book. As a long time huge Zep and Plant fan, I'm in.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
I can't wait to find out why he chose to write a song about 29 palms. Why not 28 or 30?
Or 13.

Speaking of 13, imagine if the BBC made a podcast to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11 called "13 Minutes to the Moon".

And the music was by Hans Zimmer.

Imagine that.
I highly recommend Inglorious Treksperts if you’re a Star Trek fan. One of the hosts does a hilarious Gene Roddenberry impression.
You'll believe a man won't shut up.

I appeared on The Crooked Table Podcast to discuss Man on the Moon. This was recorded a month ago... and days before it went online Nostalgia Critic did his own Man on the Moon show. Weird timing.

https://www.crookedtable.com/podcast-jam...-the-moon/

The real ending to Big...
(06-02-2019, 01:18 PM)filmnerdjamie Wrote: You'll believe a man won't shut up.

I appeared on The Crooked Table Podcast to discuss Man on the Moon. This was recorded a month ago... and days before it went online Nostalgia Critic did his own Man on the Moon show. Weird timing.

https://www.crookedtable.com/podcast-jam...-the-moon/

The Last Jedi isn't "a real movie"?!?

Jamie!!! How dare!!!

I was just listening to Letterman on WTF a couple of days ago talking about how much he loved Kaufman and how Kaufman told him EXACTLY what the plan was beforehand. Coincidence? We'll never know.
(05-22-2019, 12:35 PM)MichaelM Wrote: Thanks to this thread I gave 80s All Over a chance - I had a recent road trip (15 hours total, round trip) so I needed some podcasts to balance out music time.

It's entertaining, and it's fun for me, as someone a few years older than both the hosts, to remember movies I've not seen in decades (or hear about ones I've never seen at all). I do wish they'd spend some more time on the films, though, rather than just saying "It's really terrible" or "It's still pretty good." It feels a bit rushed but I suppose it's better to leave the listener wanting more, yes?

One complaint: they don't seem to do some basic research on the films. Not only did they get the release date of METEOR wrong, they attributed it to Irwin Allen - a mistake than even a cursory glance at the IMDB page would've corrected. While it's true that they do offer corrections on the following podcast, it just contributes to a rushed, sloppy feel.

Done a lot of driving the past few weeks as well and I've started listening to 80s All Over. Starting in about mid-1981, if you start taking a shot every time one of them (mainly Drew) mentions "sex crime" talking about a film, or when one of them gets pretentious over a movie, you'd be drunk in a hurry. Even still I'm enjoying it, and my son is as well as he's been in the car with me (he's had lacrosse tournaments this month hence all the driving). But it does make me laugh when they explain how some z-level movie is the greatest find of the month but a movie like Porky's should have had everyone involved removed from the planet.

My son even jumped on them for Q The Winged Serpent--they said it was an Incan god of death. He is becoming a bit of a history buff and immediately said, "They're wrong again--Quetzalcoatl is an Aztec god of learning and weather." And he's laughing at the fact that they still haven't done Hell Night yet. About half way through the past couple of episodes, he would look at me and say "They're going to forget it again." And they would. Almost done with 1982 and reading that they've taken a break makes me hope they have started back up again by the time I get to 1985.