Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xmas Gathering in Minneapolis
I shall be back in my tropical homeland of Bloomington, MN the week leading up to Christmas.

Anyone interested in gathering in some bar somewhere for a Chewer summit?
Count me in.

ETA: If the gathering is before I head to Iowa myself. Details still being solidified. If I'm in town, I'll be there.
I'm not gonna make this one for health reasons.
I'm in. Let us know when you're in town and I'll do what I can to be there.

Do what you can to bring some warm weather with ya...PLEASE???
Quote:

Originally Posted by Judas Booth
View Post
I'm in. Let us know when you're in town and I'll do what I can to be there.

Do what you can to bring some warm weather with ya...PLEASE???

F that. I want some snow.

Gabe, I'm very sorry to hear that. Lemme know if there is anything we can do to facilitate for you (ie, meeting near you, etc). If it is just a general no-go, I understand. But I don't want you to count yourself out if there is a way to work around shit.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshua Miller
View Post
F that. I want some snow.

Gabe, I'm very sorry to hear that. Lemme know if there is anything we can do to facilitate for you (ie, meeting near you, etc). If it is just a general no-go, I understand. But I don't want you to count yourself out if there is a way to work around shit.

Come to Eden Prairie, Josh...we've got PLENTY of snow for ya, trust me.

I also wanted to second Josh's statement regarding Gabe. I'd do whatever I could to facilitate your involvment with this.
I will be in MN for several weeks (gotta soak up all the snow I can before returning to the hellish paradise of LA) starting this Friday. I have a fairly significant amount of work that needs doing, plus the obvious friends/family shenanigans, but it seems like it shouldn't be too hard to squeeze in some CHUD time.

Is this the entire MN Chewer contingent? I thought there were more.
No, this isn't everyone from MN. Richason, Fat Dragon, Chiana, D. Richard, and a few others.

Any days in particular work for you, Josh? If so, let's try and nail down a date.
As of right now my schedule remains ambiguous, except for the 22 and 23, which are already occupied. And obviously the 24 and 25, which are presumably occupied for everyone in some capacity.
This week is no good for me. Let's see how the week after Xmas shapes up.
I will actually be in town the week after Xmas, so this works for me.
Guys, hang out with Josh. He's a good dude. If you don't, I'm gonna be pissed off.
the week AFTER Christmas is actually ideal for me, so yeah.
The week after Xmas will probably work better for me. Anyone planning to see True Grit on Wed. Dec 22nd? It opens at my theatre in Uptown and I plan to go that night. I couldn't make it to the promo showing due to the 17 inches of snow last Saturday. And I'm pleased as punch that we are getting 5-9 inches today. This means I won't make it to A Christmas Story/ It's a Wonderful Life double showing at the Riverview tonight. Oh well thank goodness I love living in Minnesnowda.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake
View Post
Guys, hang out with Josh. He's a good dude. If you don't, I'm gonna be pissed off.

I'm still waiting for the premier member of the CHUD Chuckle Patch ™ to swing his act through the frosty North.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake
View Post

You're the best mom ever!
Josh, what are you thinking of for a venue? You're in Bloomington and I'm in Eden Prairie...iirc, Bendrix is in Minneapolis and Gabe is in Roseville. My apologies, but I don't remember where Chiana is.
Quote:

View Post
Josh, what are you thinking of for a venue? You're in Bloomington and I'm in Eden Prairie...iirc, Bendrix is in Minneapolis and Gabe is in Roseville. My apologies, but I don't remember where Chiana is.

I'm up for anywhere. The whole week is free other than NYE, which I would imagine is booked for all of you as well.
I'm pretty much up for anywhere as well. I've got Monday completely OFF, so I'd even be up for meeting for lunch and booze on that day.
Quote:

View Post
I'm pretty much up for anywhere as well. I've got Monday completely OFF, so I'd even be up for meeting for lunch and booze on that day.

Me too! No work Monday.
Liquor Lyle's! Ah, the memories. Nah, I'll probably rope others into my nostalgia trip there.

I just hit the upstairs lounge at the new Psycho Suzi's, which was positively delightful. Though also a little cramped. A place called Poor Richard's just opened near my parents house, which served very well as a venue for my friends and I to catch up last week; a lame bar-restaurant, but it also had a $1 tap beer/well drinks happy hour from 10pm-11pm. Can't argue with that. I'll keep pondering.
Josh: I'm going to be available to meet you either Monday (anytime until probably 6pm) or Tues-Thurs 'after work', probably sometime between 5:30 and 7pm. Late nights are going to be out for me during the week...as much as I'd love to go out and get bombed, I've still gotta work the next day.
Quote:

View Post
Josh: I'm going to be available to meet you either Monday (anytime until probably 6pm) or Tues-Thurs 'after work', probably sometime between 5:30 and 7pm. Late nights are going to be out for me during the week...as much as I'd love to go out and get bombed, I've still gotta work the next day.

So do I, but I start a new job the week after. Bring on the bombs, I say! What are they going to do, fire me?
Judas--I'm in delightful Mpls. right now. Anyway my schedule is fuller than I thought. I can only meet Mon. night after 6 or Wed. night after 6. My theatre is playing True Grit and Black Swan now. Work out the schedule that is best for the majority of folks and I will be okay with it. And we can arrange to meet at another time.
Given I'm not stationed in 'Sota, I'd like to get the maximal number of people involved. Given the restrictions of Judas' and chiana's schedules, Weds is starting to look like the best option to me.

Gabe, is there any chance of getting you involved?
Wednesday should work fine for me, Josh. I'll be working in Golden Valley that day so I'll be pretty much open for ANYWHERE afterwards.
Where and when are we meeting on Wednsday? I get off by 5:30 and prefer to meet in the Uptown -Lyndale area. it's the best for buses.
Anyone got a good suggestion for a locale in Uptown?
Herkimer on Lyndale/Lake has lots of good house beers, the Cafeteria in Calhoun Square has some great food, Mortimer's on Lyndale/Franklin is a nice dive joint. I would like to avoid Williams on Hennepin, if at all possible.

The Independent in Calhoun Square has a nice atmosphere as well.
Ha, and here I was, ready to suggest Williams on Hennepin

I'm not familiar with Herkimer or Mortimer's, but I have been to the Cafeteria and The Independent. Between the two, I'd opt for The Independent as it's a bit classier.

Here's my deal for Wednesday: I forgot that it was my Sister-in-laws's birthday, and the family is getting together to meet for some serious power drinking at around 6:30pm over at a place in Hopkins. I'm going to be getting out of work somewhere between 4 and 4:30, so I can hang out with you guys in the Uptown area until around 6pm.
Seems like we're working with a pretty small window here. I leave town Jan 6. Would next week work any better for people?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshua Miller
View Post
Seems like we're working with a pretty small window here. I leave town Jan 6. Would next week work any better for people?

Not me, sorry. I'm going to be crazy busy next week getting ready for a support release on Friday night/Saturday morning. I predict a few late nights at work. Tonight, Thursday, and the weekend are also out for me this week.

It's been a busy, tightly scheduled December for me. I wish that yesterday would have worked for you guys as I was free and clear for most of the day.
Shall we say the Independent then. 5pm?
I'll be there.

eta: I'll try and be there around 4:30 to grab a table.
Party.