Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
TRON LEGACY Post Release Discussion
AThat...would be an interesting premise for an anime or some movie with Tom Cruise in it.

But shit, that ain't TRON.
Reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post

That...would be an interesting premise for an anime or some movie with Tom Cruise in it.

But shit, that ain't TRON.


Well, the Matrix and The Matrix Reloaded did most of their time inside a computer simulated reality and then The Matrix Revolutions was mostly in the real world but with some manifestations of some kind of digital manipulation, so it's not like there isn't precedent.



...



On second thoughts, never mind.

Reply

So it's gonna be Ex Machina, but for kids?



Swap out Garrett Hedlund for Garrett Dillahunt and we'll talk.

Reply

Yeah, no thanks. I enjoyed LEGACY but nowhere near the level I did the original TRON.



That TRON: UPRISING animated show was really good and of course Disney cancelled it.



TRON 2.0 is now out on Good Old Games and it's the TRON sequel we should've got instead.

Reply

I think that premise sounds kind of awful.

Reply
ASomewhere, Olivia Wilde is looking at a mortgage statement and dreaming of That Year She Was A Movie Star.
Reply

You take that back!



Reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Slim View Post

Somewhere, Olivia Wilde is looking at a mortgage statement and dreaming of That Year She Was A Movie Star.



Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
 

You take that back!




​Yeah man, what felix said. Totally uncool!

Reply

Ancient proverb say: Talk about Olivia Wilde enough and a Shan will appear.

Reply

So I'm no huge Olivia Wilde fan (never watched House, never seen Cowboys vs Aliens), but I'll admit she is one of the most striking women I have ever seen in my life.  She is ridiculously beautiful, and never moreso than in this turgid slog of a film.



And I'll fifteenth the love for the score for this film.  Brilliant music.

Reply

Legacy's score is fucking AMAZING.

Reply
ATo clarify, I'm not dissing Wilde's good looks or acting acumen.

She was just wrong place, wrong time in the Disney blockbuster sweepstakes.
Reply
AIt is a fun little movie.
Reply
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightning Slim View Post

To clarify, I'm not dissing Wilde's good looks or acting acumen.

She was just wrong place, wrong time in the Disney blockbuster sweepstakes.


I see you, and raise you Lynn Collins in John Carter.

Reply

Vaporware The Movie

Reply

hahahaha kosinski

Reply
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
 


I see you, and raise you Lynn Collins in John Carter.



I'll take her over Gal Gadot as Diana anyday.

Reply
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightning Slim View Post

To clarify, I'm not dissing Wilde's good looks or acting acumen.

She was just wrong place, wrong time in the Disney blockbuster sweepstakes.

Hey, I'm just taking a theme and running with it. Outside this film, I have literally not seen a single other thing she is in.



Not even The Lazarus Effect.

Reply
Adid you see HER?? she has a really good scene in it!
Reply
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post

did you see HER?? she has a really good scene in it!


Oh bloody hell, I have​ seen Her.



I even double checked when I went through her filmography (*runs back to double double check* ... oh sod it.)



I can almost remember the scene ... it ended with Joaquin Phoenix being skeevy, right?



(Actually, that's a fairly safe bet generally, isn't it?)

Reply

I can't totally recall... but their date definitely takes an icy cold turn when he says something badly.  Wilde plays that transition fantastically in her close-up.




edit:  I just checked it out.  Things are going great with her and she stops to ask when she's gonna see him again.  She wants to know that she's not wasting her time.  That's when he nervously mutters that maybe they should call it a night (since he can't commit due to his own baggage), but that she's great and he's having a great time with her.



During that is when her expression changes and she shuts off from him.



"You're a really creepy dude."



"That's not true."



"Yeah it is.  I have to go home."



"I'll walk you home."



"No.  Don't."

Reply

http://www.cbr.com/tron-pinball-machine-...-the-grid/



Reply

I was hoping to make 10 years here with my account but I guess the clock ran out on that just short, so I guess I'll have to settle for a 3399 post count on this side.



Well, it seems appropriate for me to call it a day here of all places and to that end, feature a couple of scenes from this very movie.



Firstly, where Jeff Bridges confronts Jeff Bridges on a bridge on the way out of the Grid. It's worth mentioning that there's a strong argument that Kevin Flynn was the villain of this movie even if unintentionally, Clu did his job exactly as he was supposed to and in fact could not have acted any differently because that's how he was programmed to function.



I guess there's a lesson in there somewhere about the Road to Hell, though and to be fair, for what that's worth at least it's wasn't maliciously on purpose.





... and here we have the Grid downloaded and ready for transfer to its new home. No, not heavy on the symbolism at all.





... never mind they're probably going to fall foul of no end of helmet safety laws, especially in California. Yes, I'm that person who thinks about these things. I also found it funny when I read an interview about how when the sequel was still on, Jeff Bridges was looking forward to working with Olivia Wilde again. Guess who wasn't mentioned in that interview at all? Also, the story of my life and the AWOL thread even when I've taken the odd year or so off. Well, see you all at some point when the new place opens up. Assuming anyone notices I was gone in the first place :-).

Reply
A...

Did I miss something?
Reply
A"HAVE A NICE SWIM!!!"

-garretthedlund
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)