Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finding a Discipline, Nick's 2011 Blog
I wish someone could hold me to keeping this up.

http://chud.com/articles/blogs/3150/...LINE-1111.html
If you do keep this up, it'll probably be the most comprehensive personal blog imaginable.
That's the goal.
TMI.
(Just kidding)
I also try to never kill spiders. Bill Shatner might disagree.
That's a great first entry, Nick. My Dad keeps a journal of what he reads, and what he watches and listens to. He's got tons of spiral notebooks filled up as he's been doing this for years.
I never kill black widows (or katipo, as we call them on this little South Pacifc outpost) either. But I'll mash white tails all day long.
I'm liking it so far, keep up the good work.
http://chud.com/articles/blogs/3152/...LINE-1211.html

http://chud.com/articles/blogs/3157/...LINE-1311.html

I know you're absurdly busy Nick,so I don't know if you'll continue with this. I enjoy them and wish you would. Edit- And now I see you have. Sorry.

I will continue. It's therapeutic.

I guess I'll post here since you announced it on your blog, but why ban Princess Kate now????  From what I've seen publicly she's gotten a lot better.  Albeit there might be details that aren't public, but it seems a bit silly to do it now when she's actually not a problem.  Especially when you consider we've got creepythingman and god knows who else running around here now.

Creepy is banned I think. The mods have long debated Kate and I defended her for quite some time. But she was issued a warning privately and then reposted the warning publicly which I guess was the last straw.

It's honestly probably the best thing for her.

I agree, I was one of her biggest defenders but the Egypt thread was to much.

I just wanted to pop in and say how much I'm digging this blog. I read it pretty much every day. Insightful an relatable in many ways. Keep up the good work, Nick.

Much appreciated.

I too am enjoying these sir sometimes it feels good to know that I am not the only one who occasionally gets shat on by the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranbon View Post

I just wanted to pop in and say how much I'm digging this blog. I read it pretty much every day. Insightful an relatable in many ways. Keep up the good work, Nick.

I'm pretty sure i've said this already but any Nick is awesome, and daily Nick is just about perfect.

Still appreciate you sharing your daily doses of life with us, Nick.

Wow that whole "virus" comment was really a passive aggressive or maybe dickish thing to say.

It was a clever jab at a toxic, TOXIC situation. Not passive aggressive. Clever.

No not really, there seems to be a lot of resentment there. And really it was a dick thing to say, because Devin put a lot of work into the site the last few years and to call him a virus is off base.

Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubWilliams View Post

No not really, there seems to be a lot of resentment there. And really it was a dick thing to say, because Devin put a lot of work into the site the last few years and to call him a virus is off base.

Devin? Why does it always have to be Devin?

That said, I do have multitudes of resentment towards many aspects of this site's former self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubWilliams View Post

Oh, and I'll stack my chips in the karmic universe against most people. Especially him. Thinking I'm being a dick? Do your homework. Or don't and just be a dick yourself.

Remember when you told yourself and us that you were putting that behind you? That you were letting go? For the good of the site and your own well being? Remember? Those 10 different times you said that? Please, remember. Trust me, it aint doing CHUD no good.

Then Sam Strange happened. Then that fucking miserable cunt Slater happened.

Tati, if people are going to take the time to comb for ONE SENTENCE in a very personal blog and ignore the THOUSANDS OF SENTENCES about movies and entertainment, the problem's with them.

I'm not apologizing again. I'm not going against what my heart tells me again. This site is good. That's what matters. If the old timers in the community don't like me, I'm not going to bend over backward for them. If people want to adopt the negative attitude, I'm not going to deal with them.

This site has always been on a precipice for various reasons. If it has to fall to rise again, I'll just have to deal with that.

Just...wow.

I'm sorry, but WOW and JUST WOW doesn't really qualify. Talk to me.

I'll go ahead and post links to each one now.

http://www.chud.com/35289/finding-a-discipline-2-4-11/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Nunziata View Post

It was a clever jab at a toxic, TOXIC situation. Not passive aggressive. Clever.

So putting the word "virus" in quotes DIDN'T suggest that you thought the site admins (like Jake and Alex) and others who were actually hit by virii attacks care of your site were big fakers? You've yet to apologize for a single incident that has happened over the years. Two years ago when it was your site contributors who got hacked that caused the outbreaks (via an FTP virus) I was the one who had to come in and help damage control. Even though that time was EXPLICITLY your responsibility, you still wouldn't take it seriously or own up. I had people thanking me in droves for helping them fix their computers because of your fucking mess.

You think Devin or whoever else left in the fall was a "virus", that's your business and you are free to embarrass yourself publicly with this pity-me fucking blog. But minimizing the actual damage that your stupid business decisions has made possible makes you the asshole here (you finally turned off the international ads and hey, no more viruses!). Not Slater, not Devin, not anyone else. Unless you really do think Jake and Alex and everyone else that has complained about this happening are lying to you. Either way, man up and quit being such a whiny baby.

Mike, I think VERY highly of you. I have emailed you no less than five times over the past three months and you haven't replied to one of them. And in the past three days, FIVE people have said something to the effect of "Ludwig said this" and "Ludwig said that". Yet, I've heard nothing from you.

I have no doubts these guys got a virus, but i had my guys, Gorilla Nation's guys, and Huddler's guys on it and at every turn it was inconclusive. What SEEMED to have worked was turning off a certain kind of ad but we needed a 3-6 day period to see if it worked. That was on Wednesday. I get a virus warning every time I load Trillian. I have had plugins try to install on CHUD. Also on Espn. This shit is tough to pinpoint. Problem is, it's VERY easy to just say something IS and believe it.

We've been trying to not only get to the root of it but also prevent it from happening again. I hope it was those ads, because frankly the ads don't do what they did years ago they're shit ads.

But it's not US.

Mike, talk to ME. You're no better when you're gossiping in private. In fact you're worse. Talk to me. My goal is and always is to FIX SHIT. Especially my relationships.

So I'm sorry that you think it was a "pity me" blog. It wasn't my intent. Once again, 95% of the stuff I put in there is my own therapeutic shit and because my memory is dying and I need a hard record of what goes down and what i watch.

Give me a chance here.

http://www.chud.com/35370/finding-a-discipline-2-5-11/

Great entry, Nick. Glad to hear that your not letting the crap from today get to you. Can't wait to hear what the martial art that you may be taking up will be.

Quit makiing me blush like a schoolgirl asshole.

A martial art could be awesome, especially if one or more of the kids follows you into it one day. I really think every girl especially should learn how to take care of herself physically and grapple in something like jiu-jitsu or judo, but it almost doesn't matter which style they start off with. Good old striking styles like karate and kung fu have plenty to offer youngsters too, and that goes far beyond just being fighting systems.

For something like jiu-jitsu you can start the training even if you're an older bastard, like Ed "Al Modern Family Bundy" O'Neill who was almost 50 when he started in BJJ and he's a black belt now. I think Mamet started in his mid 50s. You're still a young buck in the grand scheme of things. The trick is being able to find a couple of hours a couple of times a week to be able to step onto that path and stick with it. And even as you tune up your body it's really good for a gentleman's mind too, because it's a buzz learning about yourself like that. You'll feel humbled and awesome at the same time, I swear it.