Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finding a Discipline, Nick's 2011 Blog

Cute.  And I'm glad you have a few people gladhanding you.  Makes this sinking ship that much more fun to watch, hell if you're doing so much right, then why are you always complaining about money?   You know what?  Nevermind, you're doing great champ.  Let me know how the next round of layoff's/misunderstandings go.

And to anyone thinking my opinion stems from just Alex, sorry but you're sadly mistaken.

Don't sweat it B-Metal. In Nick's view of the world, the people who made his livelihood possible should just feel lucky they had an opportunity to be allowed to work and sweat over the site all of these years. Nevermind it was traffic generated by all of those ungrateful bastards that let Nick have a career at this. I am sure that articles about 6-month-old iPhone apps and Skeleton 4 are going to double the traffic Dre and Devin and Alex brought to the site. Nay, triple it!

Here is how business works in the real world, if it is well thought out and works well:

- entrepreneur starts company

- entrepreneur works ass off t get the company to a point where it grows

- company grows to the point where staff must be hired: employees get paid

- company continues to be successful, continues growth

- owner decides to sell company while it is big and prosperous to make a ton of cake, walks away leaving company in new hands

Here is how business works in Nick's world:

- entrepreneur makes company

- entrepreneur can't afford to have staff, but requires work from a few people to keep company generating revenue

- entrepreneur gets people to volunteer, treats staff like shit when they aren't producing enough, never talks to staff or thanks them for work, causes wholesale staff turnover every half year

- entrepreneur feels like he is being victimized by greedy ne'er-do-wells, goes back to restaurant to smoke cigars, eat out and drink fancy alcohol, blogs

- entrepreneur realizes he can't run his business without help, cattlecalls for more volunteers, eventually starting the cycle all over again

Business 101: if you can't figure out a way to pay people to work for you, don't have employees or ask people to work for you for free. People never work here because they are loyal to the owner or the company, they work here because they want something out of it. EVERY. SINGLE. REGULAR. CONTRIBUTOR. Has now left on bad terms with you Nick. Johnny Butane, Ryan Rotten, Lowshot, Dave Davis, Brian Koukol, Dan Whitehead, Charles Bridgen, Micah Robinson, Coyote, Grendel, George, Beaks, fucking everybody who you've treated in this way left. Even Steve Murphy quit working for your home team in favour of something more stable and promising. The only constant in all of this over the years is you Nick. Only the insane keep on doing the same thing over and over again and expect different results.

You want to play businessman and be all important and stuff? You have to treat your business as a business and treat people who do work for you with respect. None of what you write in that god-damned blog is open to misinterpretation. You really do think everyone else is at fault for things that happen here. People keep leaving and you keep on being in this perpetual state of not being a success in business because of your own actions. Yeah, you managed to sell the site off to Bigfoot (which also owns Guy.com, at least, Bigfoot's owner is now listed as owning the domains http://www.chud.com and http://www.guy.com, but that isn't accurately portraying your relationship with that studio, is it Nick?) but if it wasn't for money (like I am now suspecting it wasn't) and instead it was for access to a movie studio to make some of your scripts into movies, you owe it to all of your 3 remaining volunteers to tell them this.

But for fuck sakes, quit blogging. I could give you the benefit of the doubt before reading all of this self-pitying bullshit, but to come out and say you are proud that your contributors left is the most retarded thing imaginable.

ALudwig, what is your stake in all this? And how do you know all these people left on bad terms?
You are either talking our your ass on most of this, have the facts wrong on others, and some is built on actual truth but misunderstood but it doesn't matter. Mike, you are a bipolar and scarily one-note  junior detectice asshole who has made me public enemy #1 and when the stuff about our relationship with Bigfoot is public it'll make sense. I'm legally not allowed to discuss it but it's most definitely neither thing that you think. You are flat out wrong. And all of that shit will be plainly obvious when stuff is public. Luckily, the stuff I told you in confidence wasn't everything because I know how you are as trustworthy as a scorpion. As for the stuff about how I run a site, it's what it is.

I shouldn't stop writing. You should stop reading. All of your posts in the past half year have either been ripping me or talking about the Holiday Gift Swap, which pretty much tells me you don't belong here anyhow.

Folks... if you don't like me or the site or that I have a blog where I share my life and put MY OPINIONS out there, it is a free internet. Don't waste my time/bust my balls/invade my personal life.

Speaking of falsehoods:

Johnny Butane - Falling out. He wanted me to give him CC. I didn't agree.

Ryan Rotten - Amicable. Still friends.

Lowshot - Never was "on staff" still friends.

Dave Davis - Not amicable. When he found out I was selling a percentage of the site so I could hire Devin fulltime, he was angry. It was a misunderstanding but he never gave me the chance to fix things.

Brian Koukol - Drifted apart, he moved away. Still friends.

Dan Whitehead - Magazine went away, didn't communicate much. Still friendly, though there is probably some disappointment.

Charles Bridgen - Don't think so. He was never "on staff" but always respected. Still friendly.

Micah Robinson - No way. Just a matter of budget and stuff. We're still great friends and there's no hard feelings.

Coyote - Weird situation. Don't really even know. Frankly don't care.

Grendel - Long time ago. No hard feelings. Will be on GUY.

George - I don't even know what happened there.

Beaks - A combination of budget and deliverables issues but very amicable. Still friends

Steve Murphy - Basically found out he wasn't cut out for it. He felt horrible about leaving. Still best friends.

You told me nothing in confidence, everything I've leaned about Bigfoot was publically posted by other ex-employees. I'm not even a junior detective in this case, just someone who can read. And it's not bi-polar to give you one last chance to prove your worth, and then upon you shitting on volunteers again, calling you out on your failure Nick. Out of the massive list of people who have left the site, name one you are still on good terms with that isn't Steve Murphy? You are right though, it is a free internet. If you don't want people comentating on your fucking blog, quit drawing attention to it. I've said this before, I can handle getting fucked by you again because I have a real job outside of the stuff I did for CHUD. Fucking Alex over on back pay? Inexcusable.

And once again, this stuff is TERRIBLY personal. It's really nobody's business.

Lowshot - Never was "on staff" still friends. - Lowshot worked with me on Fetal and then on Sci-Fighter for YEARS, you twat. Ditto Charles. Nice that you remember!

As for the rest, how is any of what I said not true? In every single situation, you did something you shouldn't have, and people left!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

You told me nothing in confidence, everything I've leaned about Bigfoot was publically posted by other ex-employees. I'm not even a junior detective in this case, just someone who can read. And it's not bi-polar to give you one last chance to prove your worth, and then upon you shitting on volunteers again, calling you out on your failure Nick. Out of the massive list of people who have left the site, name one you are still on good terms with that isn't Steve Murphy? You are right though, it is a free internet. If you don't want people comentating on your fucking blog, quit drawing attention to it. I've said this before, I can handle getting fucked by you again because I have a real job outside of the stuff I did for CHUD. Fucking Alex over on back pay? Inexcusable.

Motherfuck me. What you keep forgetting is that all those years ago you helped the site financially. You said it was a gift. When you got pissed at me I became $1900 boy, some guy who fucked you over. I was so hesitant to take that money when it happened and agonized over it and you kept reassuring me it was OK. Granted, I wanted to pay it back but I kept (and keep) waiting for the site ot have the value it did before the first crash. So, I didn't fuck you over. And when you came to help me with the new site I was 100% upfront with you and made a point to make you sure were taken care of. The one thing you wanted was a domain i didn't own anymore and then something pissed you off and you broke off communication. Didn't ask. Nothing. Then, you and I spoke about three or four weeks ago and cleared the air. And then you did the same thing. I didn't fuck you over. You paid for the privilege to constantly take shots at me.

And I didn't fuck Alex over SHIT. Get your facts straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

Lowshot - Never was "on staff" still friends. - Lowshot worked with me on Fetal and then on Sci-Fighter for YEARS, you twat. Ditto Charles. Nice that you remember!

As for the rest, how is any of what I said not true? In every single situation, you did something you shouldn't have, and people left!

Fetal and Sci-Fighter aren't CHUD are they. The goal was for the teams to build them into something all their own. Didn't work out. But my relationships with people aren't harrowed by it.

Anyway... Mike, do me a favor and leave me the fuck alone. All the shit I'm having to deal with already I don't need any more. You have no idea of the pressure I am under. Please do me a favor, all of you, and leave me be.

Does "Terribly personal" mean "I can't find a way to blame others?"

I broke communication because, once again, you started treating your volunteers like shit. Why the fuck should Josh, Simon or I have to put up with any shit from you about the re-design? if it wasn't for my intervention, this project would still be in the "coming soon" phase. I remember gifting you money. I don't feel like you fucked me over on that particular count. It was when I asked for help with some of it back after loosing work with Bill that you showed your loyalties. You can keep every dime, I've made that money back and more.

Sci-Fighter and Fetal Films weren't Chud... yet you asked for an army of volunteers and treated people like crap when content wasn't updated. Hell, you even wanted Fetal brought back as part of CHUD's re-launch. How is the work that was done on those sites not valid? Lots of people worked hard for you on tons of these projects that went nowhere, but none of that matters to you I guess.

Like fucking crows.

Mike that shit matters more than you will ever know. If anyone understood what I am dealing with behind the scenes they'd understand. Renn and Andrea have an idea since they see and hear me trying to keep these balls in the air. There have been times when I've been an absentee parent on this site, but my goal has always been for the site and not myself and for the staff and not myself.

Now Nick, I know your wife didn't clear that little diddy.  Stop ad-libbing. RE: crows

Here's a warning. If you want to continue having the right to post on these boards, shut the fuck up B-Metal. I've been as patient as possible with your potshots.

Enough of this shit.  I just want more Ron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Nunziata View Post

Here's a warning. If you want to continue having the right to post on these boards, shut the fuck up B-Metal. I've been as patient as possible with your potshots.

Oooooooooh a warning.  How very alpha of you.  Might I ask that when you ban me that you post a slightly effeminate, passive aggressive tweet about it too,  Oh and be sure to macho it up in your blog, you know for the couple of people left who still buy into your bullshit.  And with that I bid you good day sir!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoubt View Post

Enough of this shit.  I just want more Ron.

You're the one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Nunziata View Post

You're the one!

One's ass!  And there's more RON being posted this very evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGButler View Post

One's ass!  And there's more RON being posted this very evening!

Sweet! Finally something good happened this month!

Yay Ron!!

Anyway Ron is back and that's all I care about.

http://www.chud.com/49151/finding-a-discipline-4-21-11/
http://www.chud.com/49352/finding-a-discipline-4-22-11/
http://www.chud.com/49378/finding-a-discipline-4-23-11/
http://www.chud.com/49408/finding-a-discipline-4-24-11/
http://www.chud.com/49795/finding-a-discipline-4-25-11/
http://www.chud.com/49797/finding-a-discipline-4-26-11/
http://www.chud.com/50205/finding-a-discipline-4-27-11/
http://www.chud.com/50203/findign-a-discipline-4-28-11/
http://www.chud.com/50376/finding-a-discipline-4-29-11/
http://www.chud.com/50475/finding-a-discipline-4-30-11/
http://www.chud.com/50553/finding-a-discipline-5-1-11/
http://www.chud.com/51043/finding-a-discipline-5-2-11/
http://www.chud.com/51083/finding-a-discipline-5-3-11/

Caught up.

Go for the head shave, Nick.  It's a level of freedom and comfort that you won't believe.  Plus, like me, you aren't really losing the hair yet, so you can always grow it back quickly.  Even if you don't shave it all the way down, a #2 or #3 guard on a set of clippers all over will give you a brush cut that will feel awesome.  Plus, as it grows back, you get a different hair cut every 3 weeks or so which is kinda cool.  It's the summer, it's Atlanta, it's hot as fucking balls.  Just do it.

Really glad you've kept this blog going. Consistently interesting.

AI agreed about the Hangover. Also Blue Underground are one of the best.

The gift continues to keep on giving. All caught up.

I came hear to do a little friendly razzing about the Braves/Angels series(Ugglas just terrible), but after reading those other incredibly mean spirited posts I just want to say how much I enjoy the daily blog.

Just read the May 25th post, and the Hipster thing is too true.

A little while back, I had a conversation with a friend about the group of friends she runs with, that I'd been hanging out with lately. She made a comment about how we're all basically a bunch of hipsters. I made the argument that I was absolutely not a hipster, but then I thought about the crowd we'd been spending time in. People with ridiculous beards, poorly dressed, talking out their asses about things like Libertarianism, Anarcho-Capitalism, Nietzsche and Ayn Rand. Things I don't particularly care about, or enjoy talking about, but know enough about them to understand when people have no clue what they're talking about...

I've always been bored and aggravated while hanging out with them (and always in the same damned bars -- just off the University campus, even though we're all in our mid-twenties or older), but pretty much only went along because my friend spends all her time with them, and I wouldn't get to see her otherwise. I love my friend dearly, but I had to tell her that I didn't want to be a part of that scene anymore. They're all miserable, and she's become less fun and more self-loathing since running with that crowd.

But yeah. I had to part ways with that shit, with a quickness.

So are these done for good? Or are you taking a break?

I don't know. The stuff with mom and a few other things made it difficult to continue, plus the feedback had way died down. I might resume once life resumes a normal pace.

http://www.chud.com/54751/finding-a-disc...-10-22-11/