Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finding a Discipline, Nick's 2011 Blog

Nick, people will only use your data as a weapon against you if you let them. You've got to weaponize it before they do with a first strike, like in the climactic RAP BATTLE of 8 MILE:

Fuck this battle - I don't wanna win - I'm outy. Tell these people something they don't know about me

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, nice to see this back. Since Giraldo checked out I agree that Stanhope is the man out front for that vibe of comedy these days.

And yeah, ignore the crybabies who try to use this stuff to rag on you. Let their desperate impotence whimper meaninglessly from the dark corners while you stride manfully - nay, Zeusfully - into the shining dawn.

Glad to see these back my good sir!

Also, thanks for the Peter Lik link. Not bad for an Aussie.

Great to see that the Discipline has returned. I like the idea of a pizza place that is nothing but a window after midnight. That sounds pretty cool.

Great to see you blogging again, Nick!

It will be nice to get constant Discipline pieces from you again and hopefully it will bring a lot more attention to the great work being done by others with CHUD Blogs (Abrams, Savage, Baker, Berk, etc.).  There are plenty of people churning out quality work on almost a daily basis here that unfortunately seems to go unnoticed.

Anyway, I'll hop off the soapbox now and reiterate the fact that I'm excited about your return!

Anthor fine entry. You have me worried at the writings on the wall bit though..

You're scaring me as well, Nick.  Are we going to be homeless soon?  I hope not and I'd like to think not, since you are still chatting about future articles.

http://www.chud.com/71687/finding-a-disc...-10-23-11/

1) The Praying Mantis does deserve it's own page. I've encountered a few in my time and they're pretty awesome, no doubt

2) I am aghast to hear such dire predictions for CHUD. CHUD is my favorite place on the internet, and life in a POST CHUD WORLD is as grim a prospect as I can imagine

Please, Nick, tell us what this means. If the site is in trouble, would it just one day close down without notice?* What would happen to the community? Would we be cast to the wind?

*In that apocalyptic scenario, I'd want to try and save as much writing from the board before that would happen, so I'd appreciate a heads up

I was digging thru a rack of used graphic novels in a bookstore Sunday, when a big guy moves up behind me, looking over my shoulder.  I do a double take: Del Toro.

Should have told him you were my buddy.

I thought of that, but he had family with him and it looked like he had no end of admirers hanging around.  Figured he might enjoy a few moments' peace to peruse the DC section.