Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALEXANDER SKARSGARD TO FIGHT THE HORDE SINGING AND CRYING

http://www.chud.com/60367/alexander-skar...nd-crying/

So he'll be shirtless, right?

Am I the only person who classes The 13th Warrior as a great recent viking film?

No, I love that movie Rain Dog.  See also:  How to Train Your Dragon, duh!  (Just kidding, it's a great movie, but not so much pillaging and raping...)

And then there were three.  I love The 13th Warrior!

I haven't seen it in a long time. I hated it when I saw it in theaters, but I've reversed my opinion on a lot of flicks from that year... Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyQuinn22 View Post

So he'll be shirtless, right?

One can hope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rain Dog View Post

Am I the only person who classes The 13th Warrior as a great recent viking film?

Definitely not. I could never understand why it was received so coldly. Plus it had, fittingly, the hardest looking ensemble since the early seventies. Masculine as fuck. Even rubbed off on Banderas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelios View Post

Definitely not. I could never understand why it was received so coldly. Plus it had, fittingly, the hardest looking ensemble since the early seventies. Masculine as fuck. Even rubbed off on Banderas.

Totally. I get that some people criticize its ending for being a bit lackluster, but there's so much old school testosterone fueled badassery along the way that I can happily forgive it that - not least of which because the emotional punch in the ending for me comes from Buliwyf leading the rest of our heroes in their stirring rendition of the Viking Prayer for the Dead.

The films still one I find myself slipping in and rewatching every couple of years and there aren't that many movies I do that with anymore.

Quote:

Totally. I get that some people criticize its ending for being a bit lackluster, but there's so much old school testosterone fueled badassery along the way that I can happily forgive it that - not least of which because the emotional punch in the ending for me comes from Buliwyf leading the rest of our heroes in their stirring rendition of the Viking Prayer for the Dead.

The films still one I find myself slipping in and rewatching every couple of years and there aren't that many movies I do that with anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelios View Post

I definitely need to rewatch this.

I've got to give some props (as I always do) to Beowulf and Grendel. The story was wobbly, but that scene of the longship sailing among the icebergs is just pure time travel.   And the whole "I'll likely go where I'm sent" scene indicates someone read their Old English poetry, which I have to admire.

Quote:

Nope. One of my faves. But I'm also partial to the original Beowulf tale (and it's few adaptations/deconstructions) too. Rewatched it recently. It holds up like a mofo. GREAT score too.

If they'd kept the Neanderthal aspects from Eaters of the Dead it would have had a chance at being a really great movie, maybe even a classic. The Bear Clan or whatever it was they turned out to be were a little underwhelming in the reveal. But every other element was perfect, despite many production difficulties IIRC.

I remember getting very excited that Buliwyf appears briefly in Smokin' Aces.

I love both the original novel and the film.  That said, I've always secretly wished that they actually WERE humanoid bear people!