Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corey Feldman: Biggest problem in Hollywood is pedophilia
AI'm still about 98% convinced that Fraid doesn't know how to use a search engine.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carnotaur3 View Post

Please don't say Spielberg. Please don't say Spielberg.

That would break me.

BTW, not a diss, Judas. This is just such a serious charge thrown out.

I'm not totally sure how reliable the Coreys' accusations can be - I don't doubt something horrible happened to both - but since there seems to be mental illness involved i'm not necessarily sure what happened in their head is the same as the reality.  Memory may have shifted predator to this big name.

It's bullshit to speculate, so I shouldn't either... i'm just going to need a smoking gun to believe the star of GREASE is a pedophile rapist.

"Girls always ask me why I buck so much.

I say what's wrong baby doll, with being a mutt?"

"We're not gonna make it, are we? People, I mean.

"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves."

"Yeah. Major drag, huh?."

""Son, there is something strange about you. You got something to do with death."

" It's an old story with me. I was born out of time."

I say we can rule out Spielberg. From an interview with Feldman last May:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/co...ood-897403

Quote:

Was Goonies producer Steven Spielberg a father figure or mentor to you when you were young?

We were never that close, so I don't know that I would see him as a father figure, but he was certainly a legend and a great man and he was always very kind to me, and we always had a great rapport. Even recently when I've seen him, he is still the same guy. He hasn’t changed. I love Steven, great guy.

AIn case you want to have your heart broken into pieces, here's Amy Berg's "An Open Secret":

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g0V_j8G3cNQ

This was truly soul crushing to watch.
A[quote name="andrevellozo" url="/community/t/138423/corey-feldman-biggest-problem-in-hollywood-is-pedophilia/60#post_4137306"]In case you want to have your heart broken into pieces, here's Amy Berg's "An Open Secret":

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g0V_j8G3cNQ

This was truly soul crushing to watch.[/quote]

Horrible. Especially that reveal near the end. Jesus.
AThat doc ruined my day.

Was discussing this story with my mom, and I asked her which A-list power-player family man actor she deemed most likely.

Her answer?

Robert Wagner.

Case closed.

APeople are throwing out the weirdest names at this point. Robert Downey Jr.? Tom fuckin' Hanks?? If that were true, my whole life would be a lie.

They might as well name the culprit at this point cause everybody relevant in the 80s is being accused.

I say it's the Hamburgler. Or should I say "Haim Burgler"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by User_32 View Post

People are throwing out the weirdest names at this point. Robert Downey Jr.? Tom fuckin' Hanks?? If that were true, my whole life would be a lie.

They might as well name the culprit at this point cause everybody relevant in the 80s is being accused.

That's why I hate accusations as serious as this being handled in such a skeevy way. No one at Radaronline gives a fuck about rape victims. If there's any validity to this story, there are people who could be hurt who have nothing to do with it beyond being a big name at one time or another.

To add to the inevitable lynch mob "Oh shit, we were wrong!" that might be coming, my boss, who's been around Hollywood for decades, immediately said "John Travolta" when she heard the story.  Apparently he has well-known issues with kids in the industry.

I don't want to believe it's Travolta. Seems like a nice man. Would hate to think the tagline for MICHAEL is true in that he's an angel, but not a saint.

It's possible that he's being framed by Nicholas Cage wearing his face.

AWhat's the holdup on the actual person being named? Is Radar just waiting until every working actor since 1980 has been mentioned around the water cooler?
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post

It's possible that he's being framed by Nicholas Cage wearing his face.

Be serious, Saxon. There were no Face-Off machines in the 80's.

You're right. I withdraw my suggestion!

Feldman's musical performance on some daytime show seems to be giving the internet paroxysms of guilt about whether its okay to make fun of its awfulness based on his traumatic past.  Personally, all the sympathy that engenders is negated by the pervasive skeeviness of the whole "Corey's Angels" thing.

AI've made a conscious effort to avoid whatever the hell he did on TV the other day.

Thanks to you guys bringing it to my attention after it somehow passed me by, I'm watching it right now for the first time!

ETA: That's an interesting opening dance.

ETA2: Maybe "interesting" was the wrong word.

ETA3: Oh my.

ETA4: The AV Club article on this performance and the resulting backlash is an interesting read.

A[quote name="Bradito" url="/community/t/138423/corey-feldman-biggest-problem-in-hollywood-is-pedophilia/60#post_4138155"]What's the holdup on the actual person being named? Is Radar just waiting until every working actor since 1980 has been mentioned around the water cooler?[/quote]
Pretty much. It's a hit-whoring tactic to maximize anticipation.

At this point my biggest fear is the name will come out and it'll end up being someone who isn't as big a star as all these clues are intimating. What then? Like when all that stuff came out about the Dad on Seventh Heaven. Yeah, okay, it was mildly interesting because his ex-wife was Julie from V but other than that I wasn't really caught up in that story too much. That's my worry.

AYeah, the fact that they're drawing it out like this makes me suspect that it actually isn't someone in the big leagues.
AWait, doesn't Travolta have a history of groping and harassing massage parlour employees? Obviously it's not the same as crimes against a minor but hey, we should have been taking GREASE with a grain of salt forever.

The fact that some people would automatically want to name Travolta reeks of homophobia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny View Post

The fact that some people would automatically want to name Travolta reeks of homophobia.

Yeah.

AWait. Travolta's hard done by because of homophobia? Not Scientology? Not sex assault scandal?
AWait, Travolta's gay?
Quote:

Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post

Wait, Travolta's gay?

A[quote name="JacknifeJohnny" url="/community/t/138423/corey-feldman-biggest-problem-in-hollywood-is-pedophilia/50#post_4138232"]The fact that some people would automatically want to name Travolta reeks of homophobia.
[/quote]
Well he has been sued by masseurs for being overly aggressive.

I think part of the reason people guess Travolta is because some variations of the blind have it as a known good guy. I've seen people guess Hanks. Travolta would be closest to Hanks in the nice family man type.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyawatchin Angel View Post

Well he has been sued by masseurs for being overly aggressive.

I think part of the reason people guess Travolta is because some variations of the blind have it as a known good guy. I've seen people guess Hanks. Travolta would be closest to Hanks in the nice family man type.

Well, at least with Travolta there's been those rumors as mentioned about masseurs and all that. With Hanks, there's really zero to go on other than the "family man" image. It'd be like hearing that Mother Teresa actually beat the shit out of orphans.

So I assume whoever it is killed the reveal? Cause wasn't this all supposed to be imminent?

A[quote name="User_32" url="/community/t/138423/corey-feldman-biggest-problem-in-hollywood-is-pedophilia/100#post_4139310"]
Well, at least with Travolta there's been those rumors as mentioned about masseurs and all that. With Hanks, there's really zero to go on other than the "family man" image. It'd be like hearing that Mother Teresa actually beat the shit out of orphans.

[/quote]

In fairness, Mother Teresa provided poor medical care to many of her patients (her clinics regularly reused needles) and took money from a bunch of sketchy donors, including brutal dictators, so I am pretty sure everyone is capable of more evil than we would think.

I still would be surprised if it's Hanks, though.

There's no way it's Hanks. His work on Bosom Buddies would not have given him enough power to quash any rumours of him raping Haim.

If Tom Hanks turned out to be a child rapist, you'd have definite proof that Satan was winning the war between Heaven and Hell.