Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xmas Gathering in Minneapolis: 2011

Ahoy. I had a pleasant time meeting up with some 'Sota Chewers last December, so I figured why not do it again?

I'm gonna be in the Miny-Apple (to quote YOUNG ADULT) from Dec 17-31.

Who is interested?

AAbsolutely.

Considering I live in Edina, I'd be happy to make myself available for this shindig.

And let me know if there are any prescreens you're interested in. I'd be happy to accommodate you while you're back home.

What's coming up during that time frame, screening-wise?

Right now, Tintin. Could have sworn there was more on the horizon before the New Year though. The PR group sends me new prescreen lists every Friday. PM me your e-mail and I can forward on the next list when I get it.

A[quote name="roboTimKelly" url="/community/t/141303/xmas-gathering-in-minneapolis-2011#post_3245026"]
Right now, Tintin. Could have sworn there was more on the horizon before the New Year though. The PR group sends me new prescreen lists every Friday. PM me your e-mail and I can forward on the next list when I get it.
[/quote]

Any chance that I could get in on this as well? Would love to see Tintin.

My Tintin is currently for the 17th but I'm waiting to see if they book another for Monday or Tuesday. Press is usually only allowed plus ones but if someone throws me a gofobo code I'll send it your way asap.

Also, Eden Prairie? Nice, I went to high school there and my day job's off Shady Oak.

AAnd I went to Edina high school Smile

Shady Oak? Nice area...I'm guessing you work in Opus?

Nein. Copywriter and merch ops guy for a home shopping network. We're the channel with Suzanne Somers.

AI know exactly which.one you're talking about. Nice.

I'm envious of your short drive to work. I have to drive to downtown St. Paul every day.

Josh: ping bendrix and chiana. They may not know about this yet and want to attend.

I have been aware but haven't had a chance to reply. I would be down for meeting again, but my job is so crazy i don't want to place any constraints on when you can meet. once a date/time is decided, I'll let you know if I can make it. Thanks!

Does the week before or after Xmas work better for people?

AFor me, the week after Christmas is much better. I took that week off.

Cool. We'll figure out an exact day as the time grows nearer.

Hopefully some more Chewers will spot this thread too.

I've got some non-message board chewers who'll definitely be interested as well. Something tells me this is the beginnings of a huge sausage fest.

That was inevitable from the getgo.

Last year we met at the Independent, which is a nice place. Though, if our contingent doesn't grow beyond what we have now, we might as well save ourselves a drive and stay in the Bloomington/Eden Prairie/Edina area (as I'll be staying in B-town). If that becomes the case, anyone got suggestions?

My sched has found itself a bit more cramped than I was expecting. Tomorrow night may be my only free evening this week.

ASo damned busy this week. Josh, would love to see you again, but I am so damned overcommitted to.things.that I've barely got.time.to breathe.

No worries. I'll be back again in August. As our only committed gathers here were me, you, and Tim (and I already hung out a bit with Tim at the DRAGON TATT screening), seems most logical to shut shizzle down.

Tim, as I said, my dance card is fairly tight this week, but given how close we are geographically, if you wanted to try and grab a drink at some point just shoot me a text.

ASorry, guys. In Iowa till Tuesday. See you in August...