Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCHWARTZBLOG: The Very Worst Named Blog

Last Resort - "Damn The Torpedos"

the guy who sold me my car called it the Schwartz, just sayin...

I renamed it the noisemaker, is there a parallel? hmmm

Last Resort - "The Pointy End Of The Spear"

Last Resort - Series Finale

Zero Dark Thirty, Torture, Censorship, and Tar Heroin

Finale Alley - Justified, Season Four

Game Of Thrones - "Valar Dohaeris"

Justified - Season 4 Finale

Game Of Thrones - "Dark Wings, Dark Words"

Game Of Thrones - "Walk Of Punishment"

Good stuff as always, Schwartz.

Thank you, good sir.

Game Of Thrones - "And Now His Watch Is Ended"

What The F%&# Is Wrong With The Following

Game Of Thrones - "Kissed By Fire"

Game of Thrones - "The Climb"

I should probably drop in here more often to lay down some kudos, as I read your stuff every week and it's always entertaining, so... kudos!

And the captions are terrific, as always.

Always appreciated, Jacob.  And I would like to offer belated apologies for any role I may have played in lulling you into actually watching an episode of The Following.  No one deserves that.

AI'm just happy you're finally doing a show I watch so I don't have to feel like such an outsider.

Good Lord, don't tell me you're still not watching Breaking Bad.  Is that even legal anymore?

AIn New Zealand we don't have to watch a fictional TV series to see the adventures of meth dealers run amok. We just turn on the news.

But to be honest I watch almost no drama on TV these days. I think The Pacific might be the last drama series I watched before Game of Thrones ensnared me, unless you count the BBC's Sherlock mini-serieses. The vast majority of my TV watching if it's not news shows is either comedies or cage fighting - a winning combination.

For what it's worth, Breaking Bad is hilarious.  Really.

But anyway, thanks so much to both you gents.  If I only have two regular readers (which could be the case, for all I know), I couldn't do any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post

And I would like to offer belated apologies for any role I may have played in lulling you into actually watching an episode of The Following.  No one deserves that.

Don't worry, my revenge will be planned and executed just about as ably and professionally as any FBI or cult goings-on in that flabbergasting show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Singer View Post

Don't worry, my revenge will be planned and executed just about as ably and professionally as any FBI or cult goings-on in that flabbergasting show.

I did wonder why I keep seeing this face on all my bus rides this week:

<br />

Singer, always putting the "b" in "subtlety".

Game Of Thrones - "The Bear And The Maiden Fair"

WHERE'S THE NEW ONE?!?! I WANT MY FREE STUFF NOW, DAMMIT!

I work late Monday nights.  It's a problem.

Game Of Thrones - "Second Sons"

I hate sounding like a broken record, but your stuff is just, pardon my French, fucking great.

I like that I don't always agree with you, and as a book reader, it's fun knowing when you're close and when you're way off the mark (for the record? 50/50).

I feel like I owe you money.

Can't wait for the new one.

Game Of Thrones - "The Rains Of Castamere"

It ain't pretty.

My cat Squee jumped into my lap during the last ten minutes of the show, and seemed genuinely concerned for my well-being. And rightly so.

Always a pleasure reading your stuff, Mr. Schwartz.

Excellent as always!

You guys are the best.

Game Of Thrones - "Mhysa"

So, not being able to see actual numbers of hits that articles get, I generally gauge the reception of a piece by the number of facebook likes.  Last week's got handily the most of anything I've ever written at 72, whereas the finale garnered 3.

I bring this up not to beg for more likes (though I'd totally do that, if it would work), but because it's causing me to question my approach.  Certainly some of the very marked difference is down to the fact that "The Rains Of Castamere" was the TV event of the year, and it had everyone talking and reading.  But it also makes me wonder if people just prefer when I go schtick-y, rather than a more straightforward recap of my reactions.

If anyone has any opinions as to whether I should goof off more or less, or requests for future shows to cover, I'm nothing if not suggestible.