Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beards! Capes! Flutes! It's the PROGRESSIVE ROCK Thread!
I've got a pile of those on my to-do list, definitely.
too accurate:

Hehehe.

It's a coincidence that Opeth started to go downhill when they dropped the screams, though. Damnation from 2003 was very good, and had no screams. The bigger problem is Mikael's obsession with fruity swampy Mellotron grooves for 3+ albums in a row.
Watched a TRANS SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA concert from 2019 last night and man it took me back a decade when I saw them live here in Vancouver. Hands down the best Christmas concert I've ever been to. I know they're primarily known as the "Christmas band" but if you haven't heard their BEETHOVEN'S LAST NIGHT album you're missing out.

Amazing band.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.

Can't believe how amazing this version of ELP was live. The sound on this handheld video is incredible and the video quality isn't too bad either. 

What a shame that they only did one album together because holy shit my mind was blown last night watching this.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
Ooh, definitely gonna have to sit down with that. And yeah, ELPowell was the goods. My heart will always belong to ELP's early-'70s heyday, but it was still neat to hear them take a stab at the '80s "going pop" phase of the classic-prog-band arc without abandoning their roots.
So I've listened to Gentle Giant before and I enjoyed what I heard but I didn't *get* it. Not until last night after I watched them in concert via YouTube. To say they were an insanely talented group is an understatement.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
I need to give them another shot. I tried once and couldn't get past the baroque affectation, but that was aeons ago.
I remember they used weird and complex vocal melodies.

The song Alucard slaps.
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.