Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I hope Bolin actually becomes an interesting character next season.  It seemed like they barely knew what to do with him in S1.

Sounds intriguing indeed. I do like that it's going to cover its own story, although I wonder if Korra becoming more in tune with the Spirit World is going to be explicitly so she can be a better Avatar FOR Republic City.

I got to sit in at this panel while waiting for the Firefly 10 year reunion.  Some really cool art and storyboards shown for sure.  And a great look at where the story might go (as Incognito already shared above).  But not all that exciting a panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post

I got to sit in at this panel while waiting for the Firefly 10 year reunion.  Some really cool art and storyboards shown for sure.  And a great look at where the story might go (as Incognito already shared above).  But not all that exciting a panel.

*gives you the finger* Lucky bastard. Didn't the actors get to do a table read? That seems like it'd be pretty cool.

It was definitely cool... but I also felt that it went on too long and started to feel like filler... particularly for those sitting in the back.  The big projection screens were just a series of still images of the scenes they were voicing, so those sitting in the back couldn't really see the panel's guests.  So it ended up just feeling like watching some DVD special feature.  Would've been nice if they did some split screen or picture-in-picture thing.

Because they were voicing scenes we'd already seen in season 1 of the show.

If they were performing a table read of something from the new season... now that would be something.

Ah, gotcha. Was there any actual FOOTAGE, or just storyboards/animatics?

Just storyboards/animatics as well as character sheets for several of the new characters.  But I loved that, since that's what I want to do and it was new material.  I would've loved to see more of that instead of 'table reads' of episodes that I'd already seen.

Neato.

Saw this on my Facebook Wall, and the guy is completely serious.  Bizarre.

GODDAMN YOU.

Book 2 trailer:

Shit.

Holy crap. I know that's just a sequence of... well... sequences, but that music. Damn.

Utterly awesome. Can't wait for this. Spirit World Shenanigans.

Found out today that the 2nd season has started and it's up to the 4th ep.  I have some catching up to do.

"And then everything changed when the Water Tribe attacked..."

First Kuruk, now Korra - the Water Avatars aren't making great names for themselves.

Final Season 4 Trailer

Dig the new hair!

WHAT?!  There's a new season?!  IN A COUPLE OF DAYS?!  AND IT IT MIGHT BE THE LAST AVATAR EVAAAAAAAAAR?!!?!?!?!

*explodes*

1st episode was a promising start to the final season.

I'm putting it off.  It's a depressing thing.  How come so few Chewers are talking about this?  This should be main stream important discussion stuff.

Ashaddap

The show's prior season's aren't available online so yeah, no go for me. Only saw the first season and that was good.

Just watched the latest episode.  The return of a major character.

So of course that's where the episode ends.  Hahahaha

Good intimate episode.  Very internal.  Beautifully done too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post

shaddap

STILL haven't started watching the new season yet.  It hurts too much.

Really more of a build-up episode this week.

Fun to see Toph cackle at getting to torment the Avatar again though.

I'm loving this so far.  Cool new look.  They set up that PTSD was going to be a big factor and so far it's well handled.  Unlike Iron Man 3 there's actually time to explore it.  Interesting that Zaheer is the one to cause so much torment.  He's an EXCELLENT villain, but the obvious choice would have been Amon.  I wonder if we will be seeing Zaheer again before the end to help Korra work through some stuff?

As for the new villain, the only major big bad they haven't done in the show yet is a female and an Earth bender, so leave it to these writers to pounce on that.  She seems pretty cool so far, but we're going to have to see where this Emperor Pal patine Hilter thing goes before she's up there with Zaheer and Amon as far as coolness and how interesting she is.  Last season was an embarrassment of riches as far as villains went.  It's going to be hard to sell a very talented Earth bender as a bigger threat than the four who needed to be broken out of prison.

Nooj did you pick up on the King looking a lot like a Royal?  Head shape, big ears etc.

AHuh?
AThe bafoon prince. He looked just like prince Charles design wise.
AOh.

Not something I thought about, but sure why not.

I figure the design was merely made silly and exaggerated from the rest of the characters to indicate what a joke he is.

Though they seem to be exploring his path to being a decent person.

I understand that Earth kingdom characters are the focus here so it makes sense to introduce as many as possible, but I'm not sure I care about Wu.  Give me more Kai or Mako or even Milo focused episodes.

So they finally brought one story element to a close.  I'm glad it's done with, but let down in how 'easily' it seemed to get done.  Still, a nice moment.

It was a smidge easy.  I was weirdly moved by the "cut off from everyone too long" thing.

AYeah, that was nice.

I admire the ambition, but I wish this show would take it easy on the CG mech stuff.  It has never felt very natural to the show's hand-drawn aesthetics.  General vehicles are fine, but when it comes to mechs fighting, the difference is way too apparent.

Also, I say this knowing that it's primarily because I'm watching this week to week, but I generally don't like long form storytelling in TV series when it results in most episodes feeling like a setup as opposed to episodes that also work on their own.

Wonder how I would've felt about seasons 2 and 3 had I watched those week to week as well.

I was hoping Bolin's decision to leave Kuvira's camp would feel more substantial here.  It seems like the writers love to undercut every chance he gets at a serious, dramatic character moment with ill-placed, unfunny humor.  Sokka had his fair share of obnoxious moments, but at least the ratio between over-the-top humor and seriousness was more balanced.  Bolin feels like too much of a one-note joke machine, even when he's supposed to be realizing that he just spent over a year of his life working with a tyrant.

That's how I feel about the way things have developed in this series in general.

Things get built up pretty well, but then moves along like it wasn't a big deal.  It's that rushed quality this series has at ~12 per season where not many of the threads it sets up get room to breath.  And that's too bad, because the series deals with stories that seem like they deserve that room.