Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Elder Scrolls Online (Zenimax MMO)

You need me to protect you.  You're just a helpless sexy lady healer, you need a brave knight by your side.

A[quote name="Freeman" url="/community/t/143308/the-elder-scrolls-online-zenimax-mmo/500#post_4484221"]

If you think Fortnite can be a noob stomp...
[/quote]

No shit, Cyrodiil is brutal if you wander into an active fight alone. They can see that your guild name isn't the same as the rest of the guys they're whaling on.

I mean, have fun. Big Grin

I want so badly to get into an MMO's PvP big time.  WoW or Guild Wars 2 seem like the likely choices, but it just requires soooooo much more knowledge than Mobas that it's hard to find my "in".

AGear makes such a difference in MMOs. You can't even start measuring skill until you've got your gear on par, and even then the rock-paper-scissors approach to class design ensures that there will be someone who can shut you down.

It'd be interesting to try a big zerg rush of all of us, communicating on Discord, targeting enemies together and watching each others' backs, but it would be a very different game than what I play now.
Progress report on my preparations for this weekend's proposed Fangs Lair comeback:

My Sorceror is sitting at level 47 right now, and chugging along toward 50. My secondary skill bar is still very much a work in progress, but I'll at least be able to show up wearing CP*160 quest reward gear.

I'm also planning on bringing the Storm Atronach ultimate, to help us with some extra AOE damage for those skeletons.
"Looking at the Trump administration, I'm starting to think I was too hard on the characters in Prometheus."  --  MrBananaGrabber
I'm really behind. I've not been gaming much over the last few days in general, as I've been feeling a bit flat for some reason. Probably the weather or something. Anyway, hopefully I'll jump on a bit tonight and work on things.

"If I can shoot rabbits, then I can shoot fascists" -  The Manic Street Preachers

Steam ID: iammrsaxon / Blizzard ID: MrSaxon#2283 / Xbox ID: MR SAX0N
The weather where you are has been shit the last couple of weeks, to be fair. The northeastern US is getting hit with a second bad storm before the snow from the first could melt, and I probably wouldn't feel like gaming much either if I were in the middle of that.
"Looking at the Trump administration, I'm starting to think I was too hard on the characters in Prometheus."  --  MrBananaGrabber
Today's patch added a slew of hilarious aggressive emotes to the store - including drawing a line in the sand with your foot, giving the De Niro "I see you" with your eyes, kicking dirt on a fallen enemy, and /flipthebird, which causes a real bird to fly out of your hand, do a flip in mid-air, then land back in your hand.

(Embedded video is from ESO Fashion.  They've got the rest of the emotes on their Youtube channel as well.)
How delightfully odd.

"If I can shoot rabbits, then I can shoot fascists" -  The Manic Street Preachers

A funnier way to preview them all might be to check them out on the in-game store, so that you can hear your toon’s voice-acted grunting while they do the dirt kicking emote.
(03-02-2018, 05:28 AM)MrSaxon Wrote:

Okay, just to let everyone know that I'm planning on running the Dragon Bones dungeon (Fang Lair) again on Saturday the 17th of March.

Obviously this never happened for a variety of reasons, and I'm going to put it on the backburner for the time being, as I'm not sure how much ESO I'm going to be playing for the next few weeks due to other things taking up my time. Hopefully we'll get another crack at it at some point, though!

I was worried, but didn't want to bug you. Glad to hear that all is well, you're just busy.
Pretty much everyone already knows about the next Chapter already, but the official announcement is being made live on Twitch on Wednesday. For those of us who don't find it compelling to watch a bunch of self-congratulating developers jabber at each other, I assume an actual trailer will be available in the usual places some time later that day.
Typical! Just as things rise up to reduce my ESO game time, this happens!

...And here we go!

“By the decree of Queen Ayrenn, Summerset Isle is now open to foreigners, but a Daedric threat looms over the breathtaking home of the High Elves. Players will travel to the Summerset Isle, gather allies, and unravel a shadowy conspiracy that threatens all of Tamriel. ESO: Summerset is packed with exciting new features and challenges, including:
* A New Zone: Summerset Isle, a uniquely beautiful land that’s an even larger addition than last year’s massive Vvardenfell from ESO: Morrowind
* An Epic Main Story: More of ESO’s award-winning story concludes the Daedric drama that began in 2015’ Orsinium DLC
* The Psijic Order: For the first time in an Elder Scrolls game, join the mysterious Psijic Order and explore their secretive home city of Artaeum
* New Skill Line: Master the magic of the mages of the Psijic Order to gain a new combat skill line and wield powers over time itself
* Jewelry Crafting: ESO’s latest crafting skill allows players to create powerful gear for their characters
* New Group PvE Challenges: Players can band together to face the challenges of Cloudrest, a new 12-player Trial, new Delves and Bosses, and other content including the Abyssal Geysers.”

Of potential interest to any of us who want to drag our friends and loved ones into our addiction with us, new players who pre-purchase Summerset will automatically get the base game as well.  For a limited time, new players who pre-purchase Summerset will receive Morrowind bundled with it also.
Some of the Psijic Order skills were announced yesterday, and more have been datamined.  It looks like this skill line fills a role similar to the Mage’s Guild, Fighter’s Guild, and Undaunted skill lines, providing avenues for players to get copies of class skills that other classes possess.  Templars don’t have a class crowd control, for example, but Stop Time will give them a way to lock enemies in place when they’re making it rain spear shards.  Nightblades currently equip two handed weapons in order to have access to Rally as an in-combat self-heal, but they’ll be able to free up that weapon for something else by taking Undo.
Photo 
Pre-ordered, like the new mount. Goes well with the wolf Saxon gifted me:

Attached Files Image(s)

I'll pre-order it on Steam today or tomorrow. Tis a shame we don't get a new class, but I'm happy for the new content. Just gotta finish the CLockwork City now.

Finished the main Morrowind quest line late the other night, and I like how it ties directly into Clockwork City. Guess I'll head there next. Also, nice little intro quest for Summerset if you pre-order to get the ball rolling.

I've sworn up and down that my Sorceror will at least do Cadwell's silver before I tackle any DLC with him, for the skill points, but I'm eager to see Clockwork City. I've just about completed the Divines trait research on every piece of Medium armor, and it will be cool to be able to transmute that trait onto a set of endgame DPS gear.
The annual Jester's Festival returns Thursday the 29th (10:00 AM Eastern Daylight Savings Time) and runs until Monday, April 2nd (10:00 AM EDT). 

In addition to bringing back the costumes and personalities that were temporarily available last time, they're also adding some housing decor that you can pick up during the event, including a coffer that launches confetti when opened, and tents and furniture matching that at the pavilions where the NPCs are celebrating.

Players who aren't interested in collecting hats and furniture still have plenty to get out of the holiday, since this is the holiday weekend when you can obtain the Pie of Misrule, which doubles XP gains while the event lasts.
Today's news article on the official game site has a little more detail on the Jewelry Crafting skill line.  Jewelry Crafting stations that allow you to make rings and necklaces that can work as part of the already existing crafted sets* are going to be added all over Tamriel, although you'll need to own Summerset to craft on them.

Rings and necklaces can already appear in loot and quest rewards as parts of five piece sets from dungeons or world zones, so this just gives crafted jewlery a status that random drops already have - plus the elbow room to customize your build that comes with crafting.

Six new traits are coming to jewelry, too.  The six new traits will bring the total number of available jewelry traits up to nine, which will work nicely with crafted sets that already require the crafter to know all nine available weapon or armor traits.  It sounds like the skill is going to be integrated pretty well into the systems already in place.

More details on the official site:  Summerset and Update 18 Preview

* The potential effect this has on how players put builds together is pretty exciting to me.  If your chest, legs, boots, gloves, and belt are one five piece set, and your two rings, necklace, and dual daggers or sword and shield are another five piece set, you've still got room for an Undaunted helm and shoulder two piece set.  Or your jewelry, helm and shoulders could be your second complete five piece set while you sport some best in slot weapons from one of the Arenas.  You can do this - two five piece sets and a two piece set at the same time - now with dungeon or world drop sets, but soon the option to do it with two crafted sets will be on the table, which really blows up the possibilities.  It'll be terrific for gearing up alts, gearing up friends and guildmates, or just gearing yourself up without having to grind a specific area until you're sick of it.
I'm going to try and start getting back into ESO starting from tomorrow, as I've been away for a short while. I need to finish Clockwork City, get myself ready for the expansion and try that damned dungeon again!

Hot on the heels of that noticeably brief Jester holiday event, ESO's anniversary event is right around the corner.

Quote:   The anniversary event begins on Wednesday, April 4 at 10:00AM EDT and runs until Monday, April 16 at 10:00AM EDT.
       To join the event, visit the famous Chef Donolon in Vulkhel Guard, Daggerfall, or Davon's Watch and complete his Anniversary quest “Ache for Cake." You can get directions to Chef Donolon's location by obtaining a Jubilee Cake Voucher free of charge from the in-game Crown Store.
   When you complete “Ache for Cake" you'll receive the brand-new, three-tiered Anniversary Jubilee Cake. It'll be added to your Mementos within your Collectibles UI.
   Activate the cake to place it in front of your character, then use it to enjoy a tasty slice and receive a two-hour 100% XP buff that stacks with any other active XP bonuses that your character might currently be enjoying (such as those from scrolls or ESO Plus membership).

I ended up largely sitting out the Jester event, as its timing coincided with me needing a short break.  I just logged in to do crafting dailies for gold and skill, to check on trait research at the crafting tables, and to keep up daily training on my Sorceror's riding skill.  I imagine the holiday coinciding with Easter threw off other players' schedules as well.  It'll be nice to have another five days of bonus XP.

The event page on the game website has some funny statistics on player behavior, and it's worth checking out.  The most common race played is Altmer, but the most played faction is Ebonheart Pact.  Nearly 16 billion monsters have been killed in the four years since the game launched, over one billion Soul Gems have been used, and the highest unpaid bounty on record was for some maniac who managed to rack up nearly 250 million gold worth of crimes in one spree.  I assume that was Saxon, trying to break into somebody's house and getting caught.

Source:  Celebrate ESO’s 4-Year Anniversary With Us!
Well, OF COURSE this starts at the same time Secret World Legends drops its first new content in half a year.

The April Fools jester event is back until the 2nd. The Pie of Misrule double XP memento from last year's event still works, and new players can obtain a new one from the event tent where the jesters are stationed.