Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cord Cutting Do's and Don'ts - A CHUD Community Help Thread
Anyone else with a FireTV/Stick/Cube have issues last night with Alexa? Every time we asked something, like to find a movie, it just paused, and then said "I can't do that right now. Please try again later." I restarted the cube, and even tried using the remote's voice command, but it never worked.
FYI-
Quote:We regret to inform you that FilmStruck will be shutting down. Our last day of service will be November 29, 2018, and we are currently no longer enrolling new subscribers.

https://www.filmstruck.com/us/

I'm getting scared about TCM's continued existence.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grandpa Simpson
Started the 5-day Vue trial tonight. Good so far!
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

(10-26-2018, 09:44 PM)vtran Wrote: FYI-
Quote:We regret to inform you that FilmStruck will be shutting down. Our last day of service will be November 29, 2018, and we are currently no longer enrolling new subscribers.

https://www.filmstruck.com/us/

I'm getting scared about TCM's continued existence.
Same here. This feels like a death blow to our cinematic heritage. Genuinely depressing.
I think TCM will be fine as long as traditional cable is a main player.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
People have been clamoring forever for TCM to start up an HBO Now equivalent that lets you subscribe to them directly without a cable company. I wonder if that's something they might consider.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's