Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cord Cutting Do's and Don'ts - A CHUD Community Help Thread
I haven't really pirated anything since the days of Napster and Limewire. I dabbled in Kodi for a while but it was too random on the quality of the content I would find. And I do have a VPN. If I did do something like that. Which I don't.

I logged into Disney+ last night and whew, that's a whole lotta stuff I want to watch. Started with Tron last night in glorious hi-def. Probably best quality of the movie I've seen.

I don't understand the AppleTV+ thing. It's $6/month but gives you really nothing? I mean, they have some original content, but I get nothing else included like regular movies, etc.? No thanks. We did the 1 week free trial and my wife wants to finish Morning Show and See, and then we're turning it off. I guess it will get more content in the future, but there's nothing there to make me want to pay for it.
Vue sent me an email this weekend, reminding me they were ending in January, and they suggested YouTube TV, which I thought was interesting.
And I guess on a "So Long and thanks for all the fish" note, my last charge for Vue and HBO went through this past week...and it was zero dollars and zero cents. I checked my sub on their website to get ready to cancel at the end of January when they stop service, and that's the charge right now--0.00.
Yup, they had announced no charge for the month of January in a previous e-mail I'd received. Ill ride it out till the end of the month and then maybe do Hulu live tv?
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

We're gonna go with YouTube TV first and see how that goes. WE FEAR CHANGE
But I already have a Hulu account!
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

Apparently there's a loophole.
https://www.polygon.com/disney-plus/2020...r-dolittle
Are they movies that were actually on the service? If I recall, that Pirates movie was listed, but when you tried to watch it a message popped up that said it wasn't available until late 2020 or something like that. They may have just decided to take all those movies off the service for now to avoid further confusion.
NBC is unveiling Peacock right now. So far it looks like there are three tiers -- absolutely free, which is ad-supported and does not feature any original programming; Premium, which will feature ads (5 minutes per hour is their stated goal) and the premium content for $4.99 a month (and free to Comcast and Cox subscribers); and an ad-free version of Premium for an additional $5 per month.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
I'll probably check out the free version to see what they have on there.

What is considered original programming? Regular new shows or shows that are not going to be on the regular network channel.

Isn't that what CBS is doing?
My PSN ID - electrichead72-----------------------------------------I'm not dumb! I'm smart! and I want respect!
Turned on YouTube TV yesterday in anticipation of Vue ending this month. Much sadness.