Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wtf are they making...
RE 5 & 6, eww. At least 1/3 of 6 tried to be scary again, but the other 2/3 were the same over-the-top Micheal Bay movies that the series devolved into. RE 7 was the right call, the Chris Redfield dlc not withstanding.
Git' in under mah belly!
(09-02-2019, 03:22 PM)catartik Wrote: Sim I think you hold Resident 5&6 with a bit more reverence than I do.

Not really. 5 kind of sucks. 5 is just 4 with weaker presentation and levels. Also, Mercenaries mode characters seemed to have been balanced for the VS mode, which seems to have had the side effect of excluding fun stuff like Krauser...so RE4 does Mercenaries better too. 6 is the best gameplay of the series, but it has it's own problems apart from its mechanics. Although 6 is a legitmately great game despite some of its shortcomings because of its gameplay, and it being a video game the gameplay is what it's all about. Still, those are the best selling games in the series by like double, so it ain't like they're going to leave that style behind.

Too me some RE online game along the lines of how RE6 plays just seems inevitable. Warframe has RE's Mercenaries mode as one of the things you do. Raiders of a Broken Planet, now Space Lord, plays like a jank RE6. And just in general there have been a number of online third person shooters that seem to owe something to RE6. You could take the mission structure of Warframe and fill it with Resident Evil modes like Mercenaries, Raid, Juggernaut, Survivors, RE7's Nightmare Tower Defense and have a game. Likewise you could just drop RE6 gameplay into basically any loot shooter and it'd be better.

Why can’t Capcom and Konami just sell their intellectual property to other developers at this point?

That literally looks like a cinematic for Left For Dead.

Junk.

(09-09-2019, 03:32 PM)catartik Wrote: Why can’t Capcom and Konami just sell their intellectual property to other developers at this point?

That literally looks like a cinematic for Left For Dead.  

Junk.

Outside of their fighting games Capcom has been on fire since 2017...this is the year DMC5 came out, last year was Monster Hunter World. 

It looks like The Mercenaries mode, with an updated version of RE6 Predator mode attached to it.
The mainline RE8 is deep in development, and probably RE3 remake too, so they can do whatever with their iffy spinoffs. Trying to get some more milage out if the RE engine and existing assets, I guess.
The RE3 remake rumors always sounded iffy to me. The game isn't anywhere as big as RE2, and the the RE2 remake stole Nemesis for it's reworked "Mr. X." Mostly a RE3 remake just feels kind of pointless to me...although I can see a version of it where it's greatly expanded and has buildings like the opening of RE4 where you have to push stuff infront of doors and windows to keep safe.

I do find it somewhat funny though that I've seen people that react negatively to RE6 almost refexively asking for a remake of RE3...which is even more action heavy than the action heavy RE2, way more linear, and added a dodge function into the game. What exactly do people think a refined third person version of that action focused RE game with a dodge mechanic is going to play like?

Technically RE3 is also a spinoff. It has the "3" in the title because Capcom had a did with Sony for the numbered title to be on the PlayStation. The actual RE3, the one made to be a sequel, was the Dreamcast game Code Veronica.