Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Thread Of Fate
Mystery Science Theater 3000 Live: The Great Cheesy Movie Circus Tour

Hopefully they come to NYC again.
“Fabulosity incarnate stands before you; show some goddamn respect.
Hmm...first a tour without Baron and Hampton, and now they are dropping Jonah as well?  Don't get me wrong, I am certain this is going to be a great live show, but it does seem like an ominous sign for the future of the Netflix series.
Is it going to be Joel with puppets strapped to every limb, like a one man band?
Crow and Servo will be involved, per the description, and I assume they will be voiced by the puppeteers, as was the case for the last tour. They did a great job.
(04-27-2019, 10:08 AM)fatherdude Wrote: Hmm...first a tour without Baron and Hampton, and now they are dropping Jonah as well?  Don't get me wrong, I am certain this is going to be a great live show, but it does seem like an ominous sign for the future of the Netflix series.

Maybe it will result in that hotly desired M. Waverly and Growler spin-off.
I got a shipping notification, this is supposed to arrive on Saturday:

[Image: D7W0yT6VsAEsc5P?format=jpg&name=large]

The Bonus features are:
  • Behind the Sketches

• Inside The Riffs

• Under the Puppets

• Scaling the Models
Star Raiders is next week for Rifftrax. Excited for this one--probably the most recent movie they've done since the first two Sharknado movies.
I watched the special features on the Season 12 DVD.

At the very end Joel says, "See you next season."

I'm curious if that's a confirmation or just wishful thinking.
For their next live tour they'll be riffing Circus of Horrors (1960):

https://www.evensi.us/amp/mystery-scienc.../312067761

EDIT: This site claims they're riffing No Retreat, No Surrender:

https://www.parkerplayhouse.com/events/d...eatre-2019
The last tour they did two different films.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
Yeah I found another site that confirmed it's a double feature.

I'm a little annoyed that I can't find any NYC dates yet and that the mst3k website hasn't made an official announcement about the tour. If this is Joel's last time performing, I'd like to be there.
Yeah, there doesn't seem to be any central tour site with dates. Google just shows individual venues. They came to Hard Rock Live at Universal last year but they don't show it around the time of the other Florida shows I've seen.

----------

Finally have a tour site with dates, and of course, nothing near Orlando...

https://mst3klive.com/events/

----------

Yeah they have a different venue this time around too, in Brooklyn. Also, the 2 shows aren't back-to-back but on different days. Ugh.

Gonna have to think long and hard to see if this trip is feasible or affordable.
Wow, Niceville, FL but not Atlanta GA? Weird. Niceville is a little town about 70 minutes east of Pensacola. But not Pensacola or Tallahassee--but Niceville.
There was a post on the official MST3K Facebook page stating that they're still adding cities and more will be posted in the coming weeks.

----------

I just got back from the Star Raiders show. Unfortunately it wasn't as funny as Octaman. I didn't like how Mike and crew kept talking over the lines in the movie. The jokes would've worked better if I could actually hear the dialogue they were making fun of. As for the movie itself, I actually dug the creature designs (specifically the main bad guy and "Gary") and am legitimately interested in seeing a sequel after the final scene.
The short beforehand was amazing if for no other reason than the music credited to one Basil Poledouris.

----------

I love that the short was something like 98.8% setup, 1.2% message. Did it really need to devote a majority of its narrative real estate assiduously detailing how the kids obtained the pebbles they threw at the old lady's house?

The feature was a lot of fun. It's very helpful that it's an 83-minute movie (the most recent subject of any of the major riffing enterprises?), which is still shorter than MST3K: THE MOVIE.

"Ask your doctor if Kandra Syn is right for you."
The short had my favorite joke of the night.

"Makes you easier to hunt!"
(06-06-2019, 10:29 PM)fatherdude Wrote: I love that the short was something like 98.8% setup, 1.2% message. Did it really need to devote a majority of its narrative real estate assiduously detailing how the kids obtained the pebbles they threw at the old lady's house?

The feature was a lot of fun. It's very helpful that it's an 83-minute movie (the most recent subject of any of the major riffing enterprises?), which is still shorter than MST3K: THE MOVIE.

"Ask your doctor if Kandra Syn is right for you."

It wasn't until well after I saw MST3K: The Movie that I realized the movie E.T.'s watching when he gets drunk is This Island Earth. And E.T. is one of my all-time favorites.
Incidentally, THIS ISLAND EARTH is getting a proper Blu-ray release from Shout! in a few weeks.
No Torgo, do not take TV's Frank to Second Banana Heaven...

----------

Eh, my son has had both done twice. Third time coming at the end of the month. He'll be fine.

Please be fine . . .
Hope Frank gets well soon. I regret not seeing him and Trace live a few years back.