Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee

Weird, since as far as I know Tom's doesn't look anything like Monk's on the inside, so what would be the point?

AI heard speculation that it's for a Super Bowl ad. That's what I'd bet on.

The one that just went up with Todd Barry is screamingly awkward. Seinfeld's smile is locked in as he tries to pry something interesting from Barry. No dice.

I thought his rapport with Oswalt was pretty awkward as well, but this is on a totally different level.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mangy View Post

The one that just went up with Todd Barry is screamingly awkward. Seinfeld's smile is locked in as he tries to pry something interesting from Barry. No dice.

I thought his rapport with Oswalt was pretty awkward as well, but this is on a totally different level.

My first episode was the Oswalt one and I thought it went well.  I then marathoned the rest and the Barry one is crushingly off pace.  I kept asking myself why they even used it after filming it.  He does intro Barry as a dry wit but you are correct it was almost uncomfortable to watch.

Oswalt's awkwardness made me think of the middle schooler who suddenly finds himself hanging out with the popular-but-friendly jock, and not wanting to fuck it up.

Barry made me think of the middle schooler who's hanging out with the popular-but-friendly jock because their moms made them, and just trying to get through it.

The Louie CK one was the best since Baldwin, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trav McGee View Post

Oswalt's awkwardness made me think of the middle schooler who suddenly finds himself hanging out with the popular-but-friendly jock, and not wanting to fuck it up.

Barry made me think of the middle schooler who's hanging out with the popular-but-friendly jock because their moms made them, and just trying to get through it.

A fine comparison.

I actually like the Jay Leno ep a lot. I know a lot of people can't stand him, but I always enjoy showbiz vets telling stories.

The Leno episode actually made me sort of like Leno.  Then he opened his mouth again on 60 Minutes on leaving Tonight.

Yep.  Still an asshole.

That Todd Barry episode was just horrible. I would have rather listened to JS talk about the car he was driving for  20 minutes.

Also, the motorcyclist in me wants to like Leno, but I didn't like his interview either.

I can tolerate Leno talking about cars/bikes (Jay Leno's garage is great) but when he starts talking about comedy I tune out....I might be because of the Letterman/TonightShow/Conan history.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trav McGee View Post

The Louie CK one was the best since Baldwin, though.

Agreed. The Baldwin one is just aces, though.

Tina Fey is the next passenger....

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/...de-trailer

A[quote name="VTRan" url="/community/t/145015/comedians-in-cars-getting-coffee/30#post_3659437"]Tina Fey is the next passenger....
http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/...de-trailer
[/quote]

in my quest for a better Dexter, I want to see Seinfeld give it a shot with Tina Fey as his dark passenger.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTyres View Post

in my quest for a better Dexter, I want to see Seinfeld give it a shot with Tina Fey as his dark passenger.

: )

...or Walken from Annie Hall

Just watched the Barry ep. Didn't think it was as bad you lot let on. It was definitely laid back.

I liked the Barry episode.  The Tina Fey episode was a let down though.  She seemed pretty guarded and not game to riff with him.  The LoiusCK crossover at the end was the best part.

Tthe George Costanza thing was funny enough, but I wish it had been played as a CiCGC throughout.  Instead of having to make the forced Superbowl jokes, it would've been fun to see Jerry reminiscing with his old friend George while they drive around the city.

Hope they re-visit the idea.

AI want a Sugar Smacks milkshake...
AI don't know... this season is not as good at the first two in my opinion. This Stern episode wasn't as bad as the Barry episode but the funniest part of it was the absolute final line when the credits holder was on screen.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TzuDohNihm View Post

I don't know... this season is not as good at the first two in my opinion. This Stern episode wasn't as bad as the Barry episode but the funniest part of it was the absolute final line when the credits holder was on screen.

Apologies for my ignorance, but I want to see the Stern episode. This isn't on TV, is it?

A[quote name="yt" url="/community/t/145015/comedians-in-cars-getting-coffee/30#post_3665988"]
Apologies for my ignorance, but I want to see the Stern episode. This isn't on TV, is it?
[/quote]

Website and I watch them on Crackle on my PS3.
Quote:

Website and I watch them on Crackle on my PS3.

Thanks.  I have a PS3 but am a complete luddite.  What's Crackle?  Is that like Netflix or Amazon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by yt View Post

Thanks.  I have a PS3 but am a complete luddite.  What's Crackle?  Is that like Netflix or Amazon?

It is, yt. It's free, but it does have commercials. In fact, I think Sony runs it, so you should be able to find it on your PS3 fairly easily.

A[quote name="yt" url="/community/t/145015/comedians-in-cars-getting-coffee/30#post_3665994"]
[/quote]

Yes but free because they put commercials in their offerings. It should be in your channel list as a downloadable option.

*EDIT* Or what Mangy said.

Basically, yeah.  Every episode from all three seasons is on the website, so you can just watch on a computer too.  The show doesn't really require a big screen.  Not sure what your setup is.  Personally, I just connect my laptop to my tv if I want to watch something bigger.

You can also watch it from your computer at comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com

OK, thanks you guys for being awesome in the face of my complete ignorance. Smile

I don't know if being a fan of Stern would make this latest one more palatable or what, but that was maybe the worst episode yet. A dry, unfunny, neurotic Stern, with Jerry doing his level-best to pull something funny out of it all. And yeah, the best line was during the closing credits. Hope that's not the last one for this season.

At one point, Jerry says "You're a bad talk show guest." He has a point.

It wasn't that funny, but I thought some of their verbal sparring was really interesting. I thought this exchange summed each of them up (I'm paraphrasing):

Howard: "I always wanted to say what I want, I never gave a shit what other people thought."

Jerry: "That's because you were alone in the room."

A[quote name="Mangy" url="/community/t/145015/comedians-in-cars-getting-coffee/60#post_3666197"]I thought this exchange summed each of them up (I'm paraphrasing):

Howard: "I always wanted to say what I want, I never gave a shit what other people thought."
Jerry: "That's because you were alone in the room."
[/quote]

The only other good line in this episode.

There was a very small sequence in the diner where it picked up for me and they had a couple of good lines and Jerry said something like "This is the Howard I wanted!" But it's two minutes and not enough.

I was very disappointed by the Stern episode. All of Stern's competitiveness and none of his humor....none!

Tina Fey on the other hand was witty and adorable. It's so weird to see a really gorgeous woman continuously talk about how unattractive she is.

And Leno was fascinating for how worn out and tired he (Leno) looks, his obvious insight and intelligence, and sorry Jerry, he ain't that funny.

Would love to see an episode with Dennis Miler where Jerry spikes his coffee with Vodka and then just continuously asks him what the fuck happened to him.

AOn my tablet so hard to link at the moment but apparently there was a bit of dust up this past week with Jerry being accused of not having enough diversity on this show or Seinfeld.
AAm I the only one that thought Jerry was repeatedly cutting Louie down? Or was I imagining some resentment there? His line about Louie humiliating Steven Wright struck me as odd, and Louie seemed to be taken aback at the implication.
Quote:

On my tablet so hard to link at the moment but apparently there was a bit of dust up this past week with Jerry being accused of not having enough diversity on this show or Seinfeld.

Yeah I heard that one Talk Radio. Didn't know there was an Affirmative Action requirement for Artists now. Oh and I'd hate to be the guy to tell Chris Rock he's not Black...or not Black enough. Sheesh.

As this third season was winding down, I felt like the show had run out of steam.

Naturally, it's just been renewed for FOUR more seasons. EDIT: Actually, it's SIX new seasons total. Jeez.

Season 4 started last week I believe with Sarah Jessica Parker and George Wallace is tomorrow.

That Parker episode was quite odd. Seinfeld is so smug and awkward and distant now that he's almost an alien. It's funny how the highest compliment he's able to pay someone is "you're just like me!"

Looking forward to Wallace. He's so funny; his Twitter feed brings me countless ha-has.