Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee
AThe Parker episode made me worry the show had continued like the last few episodes of the last season. I hope they never ever bring back that theme song with Jerry singing again.

Unsurprisingly though Wallace brought the goods. "Hey, where is everybody from?!"

Comedians in Cars Getting Cocaine

AGeorge Wallace ep was really fun, maybe my second fave after Louis.

So on Crackle, not sure if available from other outlets, they had a one minute(article says two) clip thing of various past guests talking about donuts.  This seems like it will be a filler/buffer between episodes that doesn't appear to be worth the effort to edit and upload.  The article mentions it will be a good place for unused footage but I'm fairly certain the cronut part of the Tina Fey portion was in her episode.

I don't know.  The start of this web series was good.  It certainly has been more down than up and I'd rather see them fix what's ailing than offer shorter bursts of not so funny.

New 'season' started...Kevin Hart is the first guest

Season 6

Julia Louis-Dreyfus

YAY!

I don't know why I like this thing so much, but I do.

Apparently this season includes...

Jim Carrey in a Countach

Steve Harvey in a classic Chevy

and

Stephen Colbert in a Morgan

Quote:

Originally Posted by VTRan View Post

Stephen Colbert in a Morgan

That beard on Colbert is EPIC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacob Singer View Post

That beard on Colbert is EPIC.

alas..... http://www.chud.com/community/t/153882/t...st_3897798

Newest season premiere is out there. President Obama. It's frustratingly slight, and all it does is give Republicans a ton of ammo. I am eager to see most of the rest of this season though. I'm not a big Kathleen Madigan fan, but she has some topical humor in her stand-ups that could result in a good episode.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wd40 View Post

and all it does is give Republicans a ton of ammo.

It's a show called Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.  Frustratingly slight?  Have you watched this show?  It's the definition of fluffy and slight.

Relax, dude.

Besides, I don't think it is a slight show. It gets pretty interesting and introspective and honest for a 15 minute web show. I had hoped for a little more than just some goofing off this episode.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wd40 View Post

Relax, dude.

Besides, I don't think it is a slight show. It gets pretty interesting and introspective and honest for a 15 minute web show. I had hoped for a little more than just some goofing off this episode.

Relax?!  RELAX!!!!

I suppose I see where you're coming from.

The new season has been pretty good, with Jim Gaffigan and John Oliver being especially entertaining.

I don't know how much was performance but Oliver and Seinfeld looked like they could be firm friends by the end of the episode. Their senses of humor aligned quite nicely,

AI've only seen the John Oliver one so far and that was aces.
ANorm MacDonald's the best of the new season so far. Just pure delightfulness. Cedric's is pretty joyful also. Wiig is nice but doesn't really relax into it. There's a fun little moment in the Lewis Black episode where it just shows the two of them sitting side by side cruising along in the car not speaking to each other.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucho View Post

Norm MacDonald's the best of the new season so far. Just pure delightfulness.

His Bill Cosby/Patton Oswalt bit fucking destroyed me.

I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
AChristoph Waltz was a top notch guest, as he always is in talk shows. Dude is so ludicrously charming and has class up the wazoo. And he's funnier than half the comedians. Just a bummer it was one of the shorter episodes. And that they didn't go to an establishment which even came close to matching his charm and classiness.
AI think Seinfeld taking him to IHOP was a joke in itself. When Seinfeld asks if it reminded him of the cafes in Vienna and Waltz sees the guy in the jams and flipflops was great.

The last episode with Bob Einstein was the best IMO next to Norm's.

The Electric Chair joke killed me. And Seinfeld interrupting the story of Einstein's Dad's death.

I'm loving it. Great call!!!

The conversation between Jerry and Zach Galifiankis about the extent to which celebs should be upset about being videoed in public by plebs just made my morning.
Jerry talking to Ellen about penises ... did anyone expect this?
(06-15-2019, 05:48 PM)Bucho Wrote: The conversation between Jerry and Zach Galifiankis about the extent to which celebs should be upset about being videoed in public by plebs just made my morning.
"You're in PUBLIC."

It's weird seeing Jerry as the down-to-earth, normal one. He can come across as an alien during some of the episodes (I recall his conversation with Todd Barry being particularly excruciating.)
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
Yeah he's been more down to Earth in S10. Of course when everything is relative and your other guests are the likes of Tracy Morgan that's not especially difficult.

"Do you remember Kramer from Seinfeld?"
New season hits July 19th. He's got Eddie Murphy as a guest:

https://deadline.com/2019/06/comedians-i...202634172/

Quote:Joining Seinfeld in the passenger seat this season will be guests Eddie Murphy, Seth Rogen, Ricky Gervais, Matthew Broderick, Jamie Foxx, Sebastian Maniscalco, Martin Short, Mario Joyner, Melissa Villaseñor, Bridget Everett, and Barry Marder.