Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" Remake Discussion Thread
Quote:

NiveK:
Quote:

Fett:
The new pics on Dark Horizons of Leatherface look awful. He looks like a member of ICP. Just reminds me of Bob Burns' quote about TCM2 and Savini: 'It looks like a makeup artist's vision of what a mask made of flesh would look like'. As much as I adore Savini, that quote rings true so much.

well, personally I think the origional mask looks like it was made out of a brown paper bag. It looked lame, at least the Savini mask made the character look manacing.

Agree 100%

I'm also glad someone saw what I meant by the first cast being a gap commercial too. They were good looking people back in the day.

- Mike.
Quote:

NiveK:
Quote:

Fett:
The new pics on Dark Horizons of Leatherface look awful. He looks like a member of ICP. Just reminds me of Bob Burns' quote about TCM2 and Savini: 'It looks like a makeup artist's vision of what a mask made of flesh would look like'. As much as I adore Savini, that quote rings true so much.

well, personally I think the origional mask looks like it was made out of a brown paper bag. It looked lame, at least the Savini mask made the character look manacing.

But that's the whole point: TCM and the character of Leatherface was never about being menacing. He's not this simply Darth Vader-style evil guy, but just, for want of a better term, a retard who doesn't know anything but killing. He didn't make a mask to scare people, he made it because he wanted to wear the skin of others. Which, for me, makes it all the more horrifying.
"edit: The banner on AICN rocks. First off, that kid is either an Acadamy Award Winning make-up job or a real inbread. The quote he says when you hold the mouse over him is the best. "Ders nofin wrong wif eating pepo!" There's not! Actually there is. They have proven that cannibalism causes madness in mammals. Which is fitting I guess."

I dont get it.....what are you talking about?
Quote:

mrstiffie:
Goto <a href="http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com." target="_blank">www.aint-it-cool-news.com.</a> On the left they have a flash banner ad for the TCM remake. Holding your mouse over select characters triggers their catch phrase. The little boy at the bottom looks generally deformed.

Damn...that's Aidan from The Ring. And here I thought he looked creepy in that movie.
Quote:

mrstiffie:
edit The banner on AICN rocks. First off, that kid is either an Acadamy Award Winning make-up job or a real inbread. The quote he says when you hold the mouse over him is the best. "Ders nofin wrong wif eating pepo!" There's not! Actually there is. They have proven that cannibalism causes madness in mammals. Which is fitting I guess.

Actually that quote is from Jessica Biel saying "What's wrong with you people?" watch the trailer.

- Mike.
Just saw the TV Spot on FOX tonight during "Boston Public". This time it has the release date ... man this is just making me go crazy, come out already damn it!

- Mike.
Quote:

Hivesenated:
Just saw the TV Spot on FOX tonight during "Boston Public". This time it has the release date ... man this is just making me go crazy, come out already damn it!

- Mike.

I'm going to see it next weekend.

Sorry...had to do it. wink
Quote:

Addix:
Quote:

Hivesenated:

- Mike.

I'm going to see it next weekend.

Sorry...had to do it. wink

Die bitch die! If I could I would drive my ass up to Texas but it ain't happening.
Make sure you post a review (spoiler-free of course wink ) You are one lucky bastard.

I don't think anyone clearly understands my obcession with this "remake". I'm going nuts I can't take it anymore :dies:

- Mike.
Quote:

Hivesenated:
Quote:

mrstiffie:
edit The banner on AICN rocks. First off, that kid is either an Acadamy Award Winning make-up job or a real inbread. The quote he says when you hold the mouse over him is the best. "Ders nofin wrong wif eating pepo!" There's not! Actually there is. They have proven that cannibalism causes madness in mammals. Which is fitting I guess.

Actually that quote is from Jessica Biel saying "What's wrong with you people?" watch the trailer.

- Mike.

They just fixed it. It now says "Promise you won't hurt me?" and we finally get to hear the kid talk.

- Mike.

Did I just see a big ass poster/banner on a metro bus? Yeah I did

Chainsaw Mania has begun ...

- Mike.
Quote:

mrstiffie:
The reviews I have read on AICN says the sherriff's character is pretty dark and scary, but the same site had an early review of FvJ where the reviewer said that the opening monolgue by Freddy was spooky. It so wasn't.

The sherriff is played by R. Lee Ermey...I don't know about you, but he scares the shit out if me (I don't know about "dark" though).

I imagine he is like the father in the original. As for his character, he said in an interview somewhere that his character is totally fucked up and twisted.
Quote:

mrstiffie:
Addix: I love that guy! He's what I like about full Metal Jacket, after he dies I stop watching.

Yeah, well his introduction of the film is one of the main reasons why I'm so excited about this weekend (and I'm hoping to get one of those motivational dolls).
Quote:

mrstiffie:
Hey Addix I have a rather large gash in one of my knuckles, would you like to rub some sand in it?

Cause it would hurt less! wink

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to rub it in or anything. I'm just really excited. I love this guy!!

Quote:

mrstiffie:
Yeah there are no spoilers in this one. If they were going for somelike like the father in the original where you don't know he's in on it and then blam it's ruined now. That and the commercials start out by saying that there were gruesome murders and the police botched the job, i.e. the sherriff covers it up or something along those lines.

I'm not complaining, but they are leaving little room for surprise for the uninitiated.

No spoilers? Um so you know how all the kids die? And you also know who is who? who's the kid? who's the tea lady? who's that old fart on the wheelchair? what happens to Leatherface? what happens to the hitchiker? Oh yeah, you don't know.

- Mike.
I'm bold enough to admit that I am looking forward to this movie. The original was one of the first movies I can remember seeing, about the age of 5 at the drive in. Anyway, it can't be any worse than Cabin Fever.
Did anyone else see the new commercials they have complete with a John Laroquette voice over? That one definitely got my fan-boy juices flowing (albeit against my will). Somehow though, I think that's what they were going for.
I saw the trailer at Underworld. I was legitimately scared by it....I cant wait for this movie
Quote:

mrstiffie:
Edit See how I did that? I wanted to add something but didn't repost and didn't get credit for another post.
Anyways...
Let me predict the other female will get hung on a meathook. I've looked into my Magic 8-ball and that is what I am seeing.[/QB]

1. Credit for another post? WTF? Lame. Sorry if I don't want to use the EDIT button, shoot me if I'm guilty.
2. I understand your concerns ... I mis-read your post the first time around. But there are still alot of surprises in for us ... you don't know how much they're packing in it.

*SPOILER*
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
3. No she get's the chainsaw in the van and then she runs out (hurt) and well trips... the rest is obvious.
-
-
-
-
-
-
*END OF SPOILER*

And I really doubt your right about The Tea Lady. Although I really doubt you care who she is, right? Infact I really doubt you a give a rats ass abou this movie ... which makes me wonder what your doing in here. That's all no biggie.

- Mike.
Quote:

mrstiffie:
Settle down Angulus no need for temper flaring. What I mean is you don't need my temper flaring. wink

She's gonna get hooked. Be it early on as the others and she gets down and runs around or eventually, but she will.

The Tealady is one of four people shown on the banner for TCM and the rest are obvious members of the family! I hope you don't get your heartbroke when you find out she drinks human blood with her Earl Grey.

As for if I belong here, I'll tell ya. When I first heard they were remaking this, I rolled my eyes along with millions of others. Most were swayed by the trailer, but my interest was peaked by a couple of early reviews and some pre-official-website pics. And the shot of the house at night is downright creepy. If they are smart they will leave this one up for fans to visit.

Now calm down. I'm not bashing the movie, I'm bashing their marketing department.

Just relax Jamie Pool.

Cute nicknames and all but the name is Mike wink
Ok ok chillax ... let's drop it. I feel like you are taking indirect stabs at the movie (like a bunch of others) and it's like, "Then WTF are you doing here?" but if you say otherwise then I'm glad. But she still doesn't get the hook

- Mike.
Quote:

mrstiffie:
It's a remake of the first (just like all three sequels)

Please, tell me how TCM2 is a remake of the first.
Quote:

mrstiffie:
4 was, again, some fanboys take on the whole mess. It was awful.

As awful as it was, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation was written and directed by Kim Henkel - co-writer on the original. Far cry from a "fanboy's take" on the film.

Still crap though.

I just watched the disc for part 3 two days ago and can rightly say I'm a big fan of that installment too. Review of the disc coming soon.
I really like 1 2 and 3, 3 is my favorite (don't laugh) while part 4 is awful I do believe it started off promising with lots of suspencfull chase scenes!!
I like the 3rd, not as much as the 1st of course, but I thought it was good. To be completely honest, as horrible as it is, I kind of like the 4th in a half assed guilty pleasure kind of way. It's bad...really bad...but kind of fun at the same time. I think Matthew McConaughey did a great job with that role.
TCM 3 was fucking abysmal. Even Ken Foree couldn't save it.
Maybe it's just me but I think that all the TCM sequels are pure shit. I don't know if it's because they are bad films but mostly because they are just a piece of crap sucking dry the original. Horrible sequels ...
But if any, eventhough it was pure crap to the fullest ... Next Generation was the best of them thanks to Matthew Mc.

- Mike.
I really doubt there will be any comedy in this upcoming film. They are just commited to scaring the hell out of people. I think they are just going to make this movie pure horror and intense.

The Tea Lady might be funny in a creppy weird kinda way.

- Mike.
Quote:

Hivesenated:
Horrible sequels ...
But if any, eventhough it was pure crap to the fullest ... Next Generation was the best of them thanks to Matthew Mc.

- Mike.

Not by a long shot. At least 2 and 3 had some good effect and decent production values. 4 was utter and total shit. Now I love Matt M's performance of Vilmer. In fact, I think it's the best psycho-hick since Brad Pitt's Early in Kalifornia, but not even his performance could make me watch 4 ever again.

2, though bad, still has some incredible FX work by Savini. And 3 was far more entertaining and better shot than 4. I agree that 2 and 3 are not the best made films, but they are so much higher than Next Generation.

- Fixxxer
Looks like I'll be hitting this tomorrow night for the Corner. Greatly anticipating it and have been for the last couple of months.
Quote:

The Inspector:
Looks like I'll be hitting this tomorrow night for the Corner. Greatly anticipating it and have been for the last couple of months.

How the hell do you get into all of these advanced previews, Inspector?

- Fixxxer
Quote:

The Inspector:

Think you've be able to put a review up or will you have to wait till the movie opens again?
Would you even be able to give a mini review in this topic?
Quote:

Think you've be able to put a review up or will you have to wait till the movie opens again?
Would you even be able to give a mini review in this topic?

I won't be able to post a review until the 17th, when the film is released. That's the agreement that allows us to get in to press screenings.
Quote:

Agent FIXXXER:
Quote:

The Inspector:

How the hell do you get into all of these advanced previews, Inspector?

- Fixxxer

Comes with the job man, Inspector's working for CREATURE-CORNER. wink
Here is a cool <a href="http://www.moviehole.net/news.php?newsid=2398" target="_blank">Review</a> from movie hole.

It's looking good.

Cheers!
"What is the quote from TCM3 used in the Primus song and which song is it?"

Isn't it dog will hunt from TCM PART TWO!!!!!!!!