Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" Remake Discussion Thread
Well, the reviewer on movie hole said that the Blair Witch two was underrated, so i dont think ill be trusting his opinion anytime soon.....................
Quote:

ZombieZack:
Well, the reviewer on movie hole said that the Blair Witch two was underrated, so i dont think ill be trusting his opinion anytime soon...

LOL!

I'm currently at work transcribing the Corner's interview with TCM writer Scott Kosar. I'll tell ya, if this movie sucks, then Kosar must be the best bullshitter in the world. It just sounds like he came from the right place to write this flick.

On another note, Rue Morgue Magazine's red-headed beauty/reviewer Jen Vuckovic weighed in with a quick blurb on the film having seen a press screening last night: She liked it, said it has nothing on the original but they did something "not too shabby."
Jerry was a Racecar Driver
Jah

They took the whole family in a different direction

I am keen to find out which
Somebody help me out ... I hear rumors that there will be a screening here in LA I think tomorrow or in the next couple of days. If anyone knows ... let me know, I would kill to see this wink

- Mike.
Quote:

RRotten: I still think you should have Addix review all the Japanese Horror flix for the corner. She is filled with less hate than Inspector!

I happen to like Japanese horror flicks, (if they're good) but I've actually never reviewed one for the corner. Any suggestions? (Beyond bringing Addix onboard -- is so important that we all like the same things?)
Quote:

I hear rumors that there will be a screening here in LA I think tomorrow or in the next couple of days. If anyone knows ... let me know, I would kill to see this

It's a press screening tonight and they're being incredibly tight on security. I can't even bring a guest, which is unusual for these (I was able to bring a guest to see Matrix Reloaded and that was three security checkpoints guarded by black-suited guys with earphones and wrist-microphones!) so it seems like they'll be on the lookout for any "crashers."

Keeping my expectations in check, but I gotta admit, deep down, they're really high.
Quote:

The Inspector:
Quote:

I hear rumors that there will be a screening here in LA I think tomorrow or in the next couple of days. If anyone knows ... let me know, I would kill to see this

It's a press screening tonight and they're being incredibly tight on security. I can't even bring a guest, which is unusual for these (I was able to bring a guest to see Matrix Reloaded and that was three security checkpoints guarded by black-suited guys with earphones and wrist-microphones!) so it seems like they'll be on the lookout for any "crashers."

Keeping my expectations in check, but I gotta admit, deep down, they're really high.

That sucks, I was hoping it was a "public" screening

Oh if you know of any future screenings on this (Doubt it since the release is so near) in LA, please let me know ... thanks.

mrstiffie - ok you win, I think. The site has been updated with the 4th and final gallery with pics of them evidence such as keychains, bracelet, glasses, pictures, and yes A HOOK!

- Mike.

Tight on security, my ass! If that was so secure, who let Michael Bay in???
We could've had 'em dude. I had 'em in my sights...
So worth the hype or not?
I had to pop in and put in my 2 bits...

I know already that there is no way, NO WAY the remake will satisfy my TCM enthusiasm. The original meant so much to me. When I was in High School, everyday I'd hang out in my friends cramped basement bedroom, (it smelled like pee)get high and watch horror flicks. For a few precious moments, all felt well with the world.

To this day when I watch TCM, I get a sappy sentamental grin on my face.

I'll be at the theater with bells on.
You know they can't say that...

Okay, rate it this way: if the TCM remake was a kill in a Friday 13th picture, which kill would it be ? The rather dull Steve Camp Supervisor in the original, or shocking, and lively Shelley with the harpoon in Part 3D ?

Quote:

Okay, rate it this way: if the TCM remake was a kill in a Friday 13th picture, which kill would it be ? The rather dull Steve Camp Supervisor in the original, or shocking, and lively Shelley with the harpoon in Part 3D ?

Wasn't Shelley killed off-screen? He was the nerdy "bag 'o tricks" guy that inadvertantly gave Jason his hockey mask, wasn't he? (Played by Larry Zerner?)

I thought he got a harpoon in the eye. Or was that the chick killed after the mask's taken from Shelley ? Which ever way, the kill works on my "hopelessly tenuous scale of cool".

Damn your clever mind.

No, the one who got the harpoon in the eye was the chick who picked up Shelley's wallet out of the lake. I believe Shelly was found with his throat slit.......

........Jerry wasn't a race car driver, but Johnny was!..............im 2 for 2 folks.
"Is that quote from 2? I thought it was 3 at the lake. Can someone clarify por favor?"

Chop Top (BIll Moseley) said "Dog will hunt!" while Leatherface was chasing Stretch (Caroline Willaims) into the vault of the radio station. I believe Chop Top was lamenting over his plate in the scene where he said this line. He was schitzing out...... You got to buy me a new plate cover! You got to buy me a new plate you bitch hog!
Quote:

Johnny Butane:
So worth the hype or not?

I'd say, shockingly, yes.
Quote:

And that kid's mogoloid look looks real, is that great make-up or is is au natural like the boy from Deliverence?

It's the kid from The Ring. (David Dorfman, who plays Jedediah.)

Quote:

mrstiffie:
Ruby: Are you allowed to give us little tidbits, like the hook contriversy? And that kid's mogoloid look looks real, is that great make-up or is is au natural like the boy from Deliverence? Here's one for us to debate over Hivenseed: do you think he is innocent and gets saved (the commercials make it look that way) or do you think he turns on them?

I'll let you know about the hook (if you really want to know) after I see it tomorrow (YAY!!). Honestly though, what self respecting TCM remake wouldn't have a hook scene? Although I'm sure I will be under a similar "gag order", it probably won't be as strict as the one Inspector and company are under. Since I'm not an official critic, I should be able to at least post my opinions on it.

Heh...I'm a lot more excited to see this then I thought I would be. I hope it does the original justice.
Quote:

like the hook contriversy?

Quote:

I'll let you know about the hook (if you really want to know) after I see it tomorrow (YAY!!).

What hook "controversy"?
Quote:

mrstiffie:
Oh that's right...Addix lives next to this horror mecca. Grrrrrrr... wink

Would you do me a favor and email me those tidbits, if you would please? Are you gonna stick around for Frighteners? I alreay know about that one, no need for spoilers.

Of course I'm going to stick around for The Frighteners. I love that movie and I've never seen it on the big screen before. Well, I'll watch it unless the urge to explore the asylum gets the better of me. Hopefully I'll be able to do both.
There is indeed a "hook" scene, but who it involves and how it plays out would be best kept as a surprise...especially for you guys. wink
Yes.
Quote:

The Inspector:
Yes.

Hey slacker, go to work.
I really dont like the fact the Jessica Biel is in it. I just dont like her I guess. She doesnt give off the horror movie vibe, more like Seventh Heaven. I practically screamed when she was first announced as a player in Blade: Trinity.
Quote:

Chickgamer:
I really dont like the fact the Jessica Biel is in it. I just dont like her I guess. She doesnt give off the horror movie vibe, more like Seventh Heaven. I practically screamed when she was first announced as a player in Blade: Trinity.

I hate the fact that she's in it too, but I'm going to give it a fair chance.
Quote:

Addix:
Quote:

Chickgamer:

I hate the fact that she's in it too, but I'm going to give it a fair chance.

What, are you guys kidding me? After Summer Catch, you two are still worried?

- Fixxxer
Quote:

Chickgamer:

She works just fine. I, too, was like, "HUH?" when she was announced, but fret not.
Quote:

Smilin' Jack Ruby:
Quote:

Chickgamer:

She works just fine. I, too, was like, "HUH?" when she was announced, but fret not.

Ahhh...that's good to hear. I'd hate to have the experience tarnished simply because I can't stand one of the actresses (ok...maybe can't stand is too strong...I just can't help but associate her with Seventh Heaven which really doesn't play well in this scenario).That and I take serious exception with her "we're going to make this one actally scary" comments in early interviews. I'm off to Austin. I'll post my thoughts tomorrow.
Here are the two things you need to know about Jessica Biel in the movie:
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">She's hot, and
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">She's good.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">'nuff said?
I have the opposite problem with her. It's not that I can't stand her, it's that part of me can't NOT stand whenever I think about her.
Quote:

It's not that I can't stand her, it's that part of me can't NOT stand whenever I think about her.

This film won't help your problem, Marcus. She manages to take being covered in blood, putrid water and muck for most of the movies' running time and make it look hot. She just can't help it.

This ain't your daddy's Marilyn Burns.
Oh, man. Inspector, I've experienced "Creature Envy" before when you guys got to see flicks early ... But this time I'm green.
Is this film gory? I just read a review for it on the IMDB Message boards (Ok I know, not a reliable sorce) but the guy said it was incredibly gory!
The thing that shocks me is I remember reading it was being shot for a PG-13 rating.
Quote:

Oh, man. Inspector, I've experienced "Creature Envy" before when you guys got to see flicks early ... But this time I'm green.

It gets worse: got to meet Biel today for the press junket. Even prettier in person. Expect full coverage in the coming weeks.
Quote:

Is this film gory? I just read a review for it on the IMDB Message boards (Ok I know, not a reliable sorce) but the guy said it was incredibly gory!
The thing that shocks me is I remember reading it was being shot for a PG-13 rating.

It's hard "R" gory. I never read they were shooting for a PG-13. Hooper shot the original film with the hopes of attaining a PG (!!) rating. (Claims he actually kept in touch with the MPAA to find out how to shoot certain scenes and not slip into R or X territory.)

The remake is the kind of R that makes you wonder how they got away with it.