Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" Remake Discussion Thread
anyone know the true story behind tcm?

if ya do, pm me or im me or just contact me in some way. cause i wanna know the true story dammit
Any CGI?.....hope not.....
Quote:

anyone know the true story behind tcm?

if ya do, pm me or im me or just contact me in some way. cause i wanna know the true story dammit

There isn't one, not really. The difference between saying something is "Based" on a true story and "Inspired by" a true story is apparently pretty big. It's kind of lightly-based on the Ed Gein story. Beyond that, there's nothing else to say. There was no "massacre" with a "chainsaw" in Texas in the early 70's.
Quote:

Any CGI?.....hope not.....

The only CGI was used to help a couple of moments that couldn't have been done otherwise. Nothing that really stood out to me (beyond one shot, there was just no other way to do it).

I asked Nispel the same question today at the junket and he revealed that one of the scenes they used CGI for was one that I hadn't even realized, and I usually have a good eye for that.

He said they had such little money for CGI that they tried as hard as they could to come up with practical solutions as often as they could.

Go figure.
Quote:

The Inspector:
There is indeed a "hook" scene, but who it involves and how it plays out would be best kept as a surprise...especially for you guys. wink

AHHHH! Dude all this talk is driving me nuts! I must see this movie now! Haha. I'm glad they have the hook on this one ... I'm placing my bids, I think Morgan get's the hook wink

- Mike.
I've never seen the original, so could someone PM me, or tell me what a "hook" scene is?
A hook scene is pretty much just somebody getting semi-killed with a hook (usually hanged on it). Just wait and see ... wink

- Mike.
Quote:

The Inspector:
Here are the two things you need to know about Jessica Biel in the movie:
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">She's hot, and
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">She's good.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">'nuff said?

She didn't drive me insane! She's actually a pretty damn good screamer too...go figure.

Ok, my thoughts (without going into any details of course). Was it better than I expected? Hell yeah. I don't foresee myself running out to buy it as soon as it comes out on DVD, but it wasn't too shabby. I liked the direction they went with the story (more on that after it is released) and I think that what they did with the story was the right way to go. I kind of lost interest towards the end though. I do have a few complaints, but overall they did a decent job. I liked how it stayed dark throughout.

Btw, the hook sequence rocked!

Quote:

Addix:
Quote:

The Inspector:
Here are the two things you need to know about Jessica Biel in the movie:
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">She's hot, and
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">She's good.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">'nuff said?

She didn't drive me insane! She's actually a pretty damn good screamer too...go figure.

Ok, my thoughts (without going into any details of course). Was it better than I expected? Hell yeah. I don't foresee myself running out to buy it as soon as it comes out on DVD, but it wasn't too shabby. I liked the direction they went with the story (more on that after it is released) and I think that what they did with the story was the right way to go. I kind of lost interest towards the end though. I do have a few complaints, but overall they did a decent job. I liked how it stayed dark throughout.
Btw, the hook sequence rocked!

Oh c'mon Addix ... tell us more And shut the mother f'in up about the "hook sequence" before I go nuts haha. But yeah ... did it scare the crap out of you? In your opinion, how does it measure up with the original? As a remake ... yay or nay?
I envy some of you so much right now.

- Mike.

Quote:

Hivesenated:
Oh c'mon Addix ... tell us more And shut the mother f'in up about the "hook sequence" before I go nuts haha. But yeah ... did it scare the crap out of you? In your opinion, how does it measure up with the original? As a remake ... yay or nay?
I envy some of you so much right now.

- Mike.

Honestly, I didn't find it all that scary, but then again it takes quite a bit to scare me these days. Sorry, but that's about all I can say because I don't want to ruin anything for anybody and the folks at New Line were pretty insistent that we not talk about it too much.

Heh...one pretty cool thing about the event was that they gave all of us that stayed until the end TCM movie posters.
Quote:

The Inspector
never read they were shooting for a PG-13.

I can't be the only one who read this rumor!!! I know fo SURE there was one going around that they where shooting it with less blood then the original version.
well i found that leatherface is loosely based on a psycho named Ed Gein who lived in Wisconsin. On that note, many movie killers have been, leatherface, norman bates, and even buffalo bill were all loosely based on him.
Be on the lookout for Addix's pics from the TCM event in Houston on the Corner tomorrow morning!
A little off topic but when are you going to post the TCM3 DVD review ryan? Just wondering.
Also does it have the TCM remake trailer on it? Or Freddy Vs Jason one?
Quote:

slasherfan:
A little off topic but when are you going to post the TCM3 DVD review ryan? Just wondering.
Also does it have the TCM remake trailer on it? Or Freddy Vs Jason one?

Probably Tuesday. No trailers for either of those are on there.
I think the most fun from the "TCM" junket was asking Michael Bay about Tobe Hooper's proposed remake of his own movie and watching him dance around the answer.

That, and Nispel's an interesting cat indeed. In my room (wasn't in the same room as The Inspector), we made everyone do "Marcus" impressions before starting the roundtable. Bay's was the worst, Eric Balfour's was the best.
Quote:

I think the most fun from the "TCM" junket was asking Michael Bay about Tobe Hooper's proposed remake of his own movie and watching him dance around the answer.

When I asked Bay what credited "Co-Producers" Tobe Hooper and Kim Henkel did on the movie, he replied, "they collected a big paycheck."

After getting the laugh, he went on to say that they certainly deserved it since they had come up with the original concept.

Nispel was an extremely interesting guy. He ate up most of our question time with his answers though (he's gonna be a bitch to transcribe!).

And to this whole PG-13 thing: when you hear some of R. Lee Ermey's dialogue and see where they go with some of the deaths, you'll know that there wasn't an aim for anything less than a hard R when they were shooting this thing. We'd all heard the idiotic "less gory than the original" statements made by one of the producers when the film was first given the greenlight, but that was clearly someone who hadn't seen the original film and didn't realize how "less gory" than TCM would mean "less gory" than Howard's End.
Quote:

RRotten:
Be on the lookout for Addix's pics from the TCM event in Houston on the Corner tomorrow morning!

It was Austin. wink

Quote:

The Inspector:
And to this whole PG-13 thing: when you hear some of R. Lee Ermey's dialogue and see where they go with some of the deaths, you'll know that there wasn't an aim for anything less than a hard R when they were shooting this thing.

</strong> I agree...if they were aiming for PG-13, they were WAYYYY off the mark.
Quote:

We'd all heard the idiotic "less gory than the original" statements made by one of the producers when the film was first given the greenlight, but that was clearly someone who hadn't seen the original film and didn't realize how "less gory" than TCM would mean "less gory" than Howard's End.

Hahaha...well put.
Austin...yeah, that's it. Austin. Meant to say that.
Quote:

... I'm placing my bids, I think Morgan get's the hook

Maybe ... maybe not ...
Quote:

The Inspector:
Quote:

... I'm placing my bids, I think Morgan get's the hook

Maybe ... maybe not ...

Haha ... I still think Morgan get's it. I know Erin doesn't, neither does Kemper and I doubt Andy does. As for the other chick (Pep???) ... I know she doesn't for a fact. It has to be Morgan ...

Oh I have one question ... In the movie. Is Morgan retarded? Kinda like retarded like Franklin? He gives me that impression from the trailer, like he's not all there.

- Mike.
Quote:

Oh I have one question ... In the movie. Is Morgan retarded? Kinda like retarded like Franklin? He gives me that impression from the trailer, like he's not all there.

Dude, you need to just chill and watch the movie when it comes out. You're now going from major plot points (the fates of certain characters) to acting nuances (whether certain characters are mentally challenged or not). Just wait and see the movie, you'll enjoy it more if you don't get a point-by-point grocery check list from me or Addix or SJR.
Yeah I know ... but I'm THAT excited about this movie! Kinda hard to wait, No shame in that

- Mike.
I bet Erin gets the hook! Why? That would just be shocking and unsuspected! Although don't tell me if I'm right or wrong.
Quote:

One question for the guys who seen this, do you actually see how hulked up Leatherface is in this movie? Bryniarski is pretty friggin Huge, and most pics show him pretty layered up in a tattered suit or something. Do you get a peek at his mug as well?

I'm not sure what to say here. The guy's huge and it translates on screen. Is that what you wanted to know?

As to whether you see "his mug" or not, I don't think I'm ruining it one way or the other by saying just wait and see the movie.

(You guys are getting wacky with your questions.)
Quote:

The Inspector:
Quote:

One question for the guys who seen this, do you actually see how hulked up Leatherface is in this movie? Bryniarski is pretty friggin Huge, and most pics show him pretty layered up in a tattered suit or something.

I'm not sure what to say here. The guy's huge and it translates on screen. Is that what you wanted to know?

(You guys are getting wacky with your questions.)

I think that what he/she meant is that if you see Andrew in the movie looking petty buff (which he is) or does he just look a huge fat ass

Hey you are damned to hear our "wacky" questions for having an early screening. Just be glad you aren't one of those poor bastards on IMDB that get like 100 questions every 2 seconds.

- Mike.

[quote]The Inspector:
Quote:

[b]And to this whole PG-13 thing: when you hear some of R. Lee Ermey's dialogue and see where they go with some of the deaths, you'll know that there wasn't an aim for anything less than a hard R when they were shooting this thing. We'd all heard the idiotic "less gory than the original" statements made by one of the producers when the film was first given the greenlight, but that was clearly someone who hadn't seen the original film and didn't realize how "less gory" than TCM would mean "less gory" than Howard's End.

A while back you guys reported an inerview we R. Lee where he was letting information on his character slip. He mentioned a scene where he did something rude and it involved a corpse, so for anyone who can't remember so as not to spoil it... was he bullshitting?
Does Leatherface get laid in this movie?
LOL!

Shit, I better explain why I'm wanting to know about the necro in the film. Basically a while back I heard of the necro scene in Wrong Turn and thought "Hell yeah, someone's finally going to try and do something shocking" but it was cut. Then I hear about R. Lee's character touching up a dead corpse and making a totally disgusting comment about it and I thought "This could be it! Someone's going to shock the fuck out of everyone" and a Texas Chainsaw Massacre film is better than any. Even if the film is pants, having one shocking and totally disturbing scene would be fantastic at least for me. It shows that films are taking far more risks now.
Thanks for putting up my pics Mr. Rotten. Sorry, I couldn't leave my ugly mug in that picture with Heather and I. It wasn't exactly a flattering picture of me.

I have some more really great pics from inside the asylum. If anyone wants to see them, let me know.
Quote:

Addix:
Thanks for putting up my pics Mr. Rotten. Sorry, I couldn't leave my ugly mug in that picture with Heather and I. It wasn't exactly a flattering picture of me.

Ah, you're "cropped pal." Eh, no problem, Addix! Thank you for the pics!
Does Leatherface have more than one mask in the remake?
Quote:

mrstiffie:
Addix congrats! Why did you crop your pic?

I am just as excited as everyone else, but if they answered all of your questions it would be ruined for you. Matrix: Reloaded was ruined for me, dammit.

I do honestly have a theory about the hook that is not conventional, but if I post it I run the risk of looking stupid (moreso than usual) and besides I don't want to hear a "your right/not right". I have a buddy who I see movies with, and if he's seen it before I lean over and tell him how I think it will end, which pisses him off because he won't say either way. My ex hated that I would lean over and ask "Did Bruce Willis die? Is T**** D***** real?" cause she'd say no but once she started to see she'd get mad too.

Basically I will ruin a movie for myself if allowed so don't let me! No matter how bad I ask!

I'm really curious about your hook theory. I wouldn't tell you if you are right or wrong. wink

As for the questions everyone is asking, I'm not going to answer any specific questions about the movie. I'm sorry if it seems like I'm blowing the questions off, but I'm not going to ruin anything about the movie for anyone. You'll find out soon enough. wink

Don't worry Addix, all anyone needs to do is go over to AICN and read the "reader reviews" (which went up today) which are so full of spoilers that just about every surprise or great moment is given away.

Things I certainly wouldn't want to have heard before I saw it... frown
Quote:

The Inspector:
Don't worry Addix, all anyone needs to do is go over to AICN and read the "reader reviews" (which went up today) which are so full of spoilers that just about every surprise or great moment is given away.

Things I certainly wouldn't want to have heard before I saw it...

That's horrible. One of the reasons I liked it as much as I did was because I didn't really know anything about it before I saw it. All I knew was what was in the trailer. Hopefully they at least had the decency to give spoiler warnings.
More or less, but they pretty much give away everything. And if one reader doesn't, than the next one does. They didn't leave anything out.

If you're reading this and are excited about the film, do yourself a favor: don't read any of that stuff.