Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CD Projekt RED's Cyberpunk 2077
He is. CD is just sort of out of touch, to the shock of nobody.

Bloodworth talks about the Cyberpunk 2077 demo at 2:43, brings up some things I haven't heard anyone else talking about from the demo.

(06-14-2018, 02:54 PM)Codename Wrote: ...kay?

(06-14-2018, 04:35 PM)The Freeman Wrote: He is. CD is just sort of out of touch, to the shock of nobody.

I would say the same thing if someone simply stated Jim Sterling. That's "Very Important Human Youtuber" Jim Sterling, son. Simply stating just their names and not their titles is to undersell them and do them a huge disservice.

"You stand before Danerys Stormborn, blahblah this and that blahbliddyblah."

"...And this is John Snow..."
Git' in under mah belly!
Riiight.

Anyway, everything I hear about this game is music to my ears.
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
"Very Important CHUDster Trouble Citizen" Codename. Sounds nice doesn't it?

The "Crying Citizen" Freeman. Hmm, that could be problematic.

inb4 he still doesn't get the crying freeman reference. or he does but doesn't care.
Git' in under mah belly!
I'm just going to put you on block instead. Not that you did anything wrong...

Lets just say "It's not you, it's me."
As long as you do it in third person and not first person. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I just prefer third person.
Git' in under mah belly!
Listened to a CDPR developer talk about the need for first person and the big reason was immersion. I'm paraphrasing here, but when asked about it he basically said "If you ever try to look directly up in a third person game, it never REALLY works. In Cyberpunk it was very important that the player is able to feel the endless, impossible jungle of glass and steel stretching into the sky above them".
Oh don't get me wrong, I'll probably still buy and enjoy the game regardlss. I really dug the last two Dues Ex games. If they can make it like that, but better, then I'll be happy.

I guess it was just bad on me to assume that they'd just make future Witcher.

Buuuuut, is it too late to add in a third person view as an option, ala ES and Fallout 3/4? Seems like something they could maybe patch in after the fact if enough people demand it.
Git' in under mah belly!
From what I've heard it's basically a super-polished Deus-Ex with Witcher-style radiant quests and dialog, with gunplay that's tighter than Fallout 4, but looser than something like Borderlands
This doesn't really sounds that much like Deus Ex beyond the superficiality of being a first person game in a cyberpunk setting. This is sounding like first person GTA San Andreas, but with a lot more buildings you can enter, (maybe) a more substantial stat system, and branching dialogue options.

Little I've heard of the gunplay compared it to a BioShock game, so better than Borderlands and Bethesda stuff, not as good as better FPS games. Although you've also got more movement options, as you can do stuff like wall running.
(06-17-2018, 11:45 AM)cd underbelly Wrote: Buuuuut, is it too late to add in a third person view as an option, ala ES and Fallout 3/4? Seems like something they could maybe patch in after the fact if enough people demand it.

It is never that easy to patch in a third-person mode for a game that's built for first-person. At a minimum it requires creating new animations for the now 100% of the time fully visible player character. Plus creating a dynamic camera system, if you want it to actually be playable.
How was that last Deus Ex? Worth checking out?
Also, the third-person camera in ES and Fallout always feels incredibly wonky to use. Especially in combat.

Never really imagined this would be an issue to people.

(Yesterday, 02:55 AM)freeman Wrote: How was that last Deus Ex? Worth checking out?

I'm playing it right now as a Cyberpunk-methadone. Been digging the hell out of it. Worthy sequel to Human Revolution IMO.
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
(Yesterday, 12:02 AM)Fafhrd Wrote:
(06-17-2018, 11:45 AM)cd underbelly Wrote: Buuuuut, is it too late to add in a third person view as an option, ala ES and Fallout 3/4? Seems like something they could maybe patch in after the fact if enough people demand it.

It is never that easy to patch in a third-person mode for a game that's built for first-person. At a minimum it requires creating new animations for the now 100% of the time fully visible player character. Plus creating a dynamic camera system, if you want it to actually be playable.

But CDPR are sweetman, that aim to please the hardcore gamer base. I bet they could do it they really wanted to.

"CYBERPUNK 2077 Special Edition, 3rd person mode, free!"

Do it, do iiiiiiit. Say yes.
Git' in under mah belly!