Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAMERON ON AVATAR 2 & 3: “I’M LIVING IN PANDORA RIGHT NOW.”
So much Avatar hate.

I thought the movie was an incredible theater experience. I had never seen 3D done anything close to that level, I was pretty enthralled. Not all 3D movies to follow lived up to its standard (arguably, almost none did) but it was a welcome change to have some new viewing options.

I give the Avatar theater-going experience an A+. The script/dialogue? Eh ... I wouldn't rate those quite so high.

Cameron has never failed to deliver in terms of my entertainment dollar and I'm sure I'll be checking these out opening weekend to see what he's come up with next.

I never saw Avatar in theatre. I saw it on home video mid 2010, and was left nonplussed about the whole thing. I've never watched it since unlike the rest of Cameron's back catalog which I've seen multiple times.

Is Avatar a bad movie? Absolutely not. But it's pretty middling, IMO.

Was it's box office really just about the 3D experience? And 3D isn't that great, anyways. I don't know about you guys, but after about 10 minutes I don't even notice it anymore and I have to consciously tell myself to start paying attention to the 3D effect again multiple times during a movie.

(05-07-2019, 03:49 PM)catartik Wrote: Was it's box office really just about the 3D experience?  And 3D isn't that great, anyways.  I don't know about you guys, but after about 10 minutes I don't even notice it anymore and I have to consciously tell myself to start paying attention to the 3D effect again multiple times during a movie.

Avatar's 3D, with very few exceptions (Gravity, several Laika films) is the gold standard that umpteen films haven't even come close to.

I'm sure YMMV, but I was blown away by the theater presentation.  

**If your eyes don't register that a movie is playing in 3D throughout the entire viewing experience this sounds like some kind of significant vision issue.  It's pretty obvious when an image is playing in stereoscopic 3D versus 2D, IMHO.

LOL you devil, you.

(05-07-2019, 03:59 PM)catartik Wrote: LOL you devil, you.

Guilty as charged.

Avatar isn't the brand, Cameron is. A new Cameron movie is more intriguing than the rest of the big budget pile attributable to the fact that he is the person making the film.

I liked Avatar when I first saw it, warmed up to it on the second viewing, and really enjoyed watching the extended cut with my son a few years back. I don't care about the internet hate, which is as worthless as internet love.
I'm not Avery.
Look I'm just having a hard time living in a world where it's possible two Avatar movies could come out between Tool albums.

I mean... dear god...

I think there's residual fanboy butthurt feelings regarding Cameron because Titanic took down Star Wars at the box office and then The Phantom Menace failed to take down Titanic.
I'm not too sure about that new album . . .
Eww I refuse to be lumped in with the sweaty.

As a Sam Worthington completist I will be there opening night.
what happened to JEMS' plan for a cadence of releases????
(05-07-2019, 05:09 PM)Nooj Wrote: what happened to JEMS' plan for a cadence of releases????

Exaltation of Larks material, right here.

Well done.

Another year?! Dammit!
There are weapons in my hands, my hands are weapons.
By all means Disney push back those unneeded Avatar sequels. Push them as far as they can go.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Like I said, butthurt fanboys.
"Nobody talks about Avatar anymore! LOL!"-People that constantly talk about how nobody talks about Avatar anymore.
In response to Bradito:

Or completely uninterested in what Cameron is selling but you're entitled to your opinion. Such as it is.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
If you're so indifferent, then why do you give a shit when the release date is?
Nothing wrong with commenting on a hot topic as others have. At least I don't feel the need to insult another fandom to do so.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
Duhhh...
Avatar was potboiler mediocrity on the story front wrapped up in a package of nicely-presented action-adventure filmmaking that made it a fine time at the theater and utterly forgettable afterwards.

Still less of a wet fart than TFA, tho!