Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas For Future Drafts
(10-25-2019, 01:25 PM)Richard Dickson Wrote: I'd be down for a speech/monologue draft.

How about Watchmen (the graphic novel) for the next casting draft? Figure we've got six minimum from the core group, then you can throw in Moloch, Hollis and Sally to get to nine with the tenth as a wildcard.

Ooooooo . . . but period appropriate. Only actors working in 1985.
I can dig it.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
I'm in.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
I like that WATCHMEN idea, but I also feel like we're burned out a little on Casting drafts. The Stephen King one was really fun but I wish more people had participated.

If I did a monologues draft in early november, would folks participate?
home taping is killing music
(10-30-2019, 10:00 AM)boone daniels Wrote: I like that WATCHMEN idea, but I also feel like we're burned out a little on Casting drafts. The Stephen King one was really fun but I wish more people had participated.

True, but I think the general wide-open nature of it and the need for a pretty good grasp on a wide body of work may have kept some people away.  Having a single work and frame of reference is more in our drafting wheelhouse, so to speak.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
A combo of lack of familiarity with King’s works and travel kept me out of that one.
Yeah, with the holidays coming up, we'd need to schedule these wisely.

----------

We doing brackets on the King draft?
If we're doing that monologues draft you guys can space it out to early December if you want and then I'll just wait on the decade draft until sometime in January after the holidays.
I'm also fine waiting on the monologues one. I have no burning need to run it.
home taping is killing music
I know people want to cool it on the recasts, but my brain is playing tricks on me. Did we ever do a Heat draft? I swear we did, but I can't find it in a search. And if we didn't, why didn't we?
There was the ‘Make your own heist crew’ draft instead of doing a particular heist movie, I think.
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
I thought we were decided on 80s-era Watchmen? I was decided.

I can probably do Monologues though.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
I'd be down for a Watchmen draft as well as a monologue one.

The story takes place in 1985 but the first issue didn't come out until 1986. Just to give ourselves a wider net of actors to pick from, how about we use actors that were active between 1985 and 1989?
Mangy Wrote:TCM 2 is like sentient cocaine.
We just did a casting draft, so I'd like to see a regular draft as a palette cleanser.

----------

How about a draft of....favorite drafts!

I nominate the NFL, because I love pondering how the money ruins the kid. (Oh look a shoe is coming at me)
A My Blu-Ray Movies | er u tang is?