Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas For Future Drafts
(07-12-2020, 07:21 PM)hp pufncraft Wrote: Must've been before my time.

I tried building an Aronofskyish delusional Batman around Ragnar from Vikings but failed.
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.
Wouldn't a Thriller draft be kind of easy and low maintenance? Folks seemed excited for a minute.

"Got concrete rhymes, been rappin' for ten years and

Even when I'm braggin', I'm bein' sincere"

"Teenage angst has paid off well/ Now I'm bored and old"

"Drunk as hell, but no throwin' up

Half way home and my pager still blowin' up"

"I'm tired of living all alone
yeah, nobody ever calls me on the phone
But when things start getting bad
I just play my music louder"

I'd be up for it.
Mangy Wrote:TCM 2 is like sentient cocaine.
I'm all in on Thrillers.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
(07-12-2020, 10:03 PM)hp pufncraft Wrote: I'd be up for it.

(07-14-2020, 01:34 AM)huntertarantino Wrote: I'm all in on Thrillers.

TO-NI-I-I-IGHT!!!
For October... Psycho Recast?
I still like the "Build Your Own Slasher" idea.
Id be down for "Build a Slasher".
Shit I forgot about Build a Slasher. I'm down for that too.
How would the Bulid a Slasher draft work?

Someone brought up B Movies during the thriller draft, and that might be good.
Slasher, Final Girl, Boyfriend, BFF, BFF’sBF, Comic Relief, Law Enforcement, maybe a Mom & Dad, and The Harbinger. Bonus pick is the holiday it falls on.
(09-11-2020, 05:39 PM)turingmachine75 Wrote: Slasher, Final Girl, Boyfriend, BFF, BFF’sBF, Comic Relief, Law Enforcement, maybe a Mom & Dad, and The Harbinger. Bonus pick is the holiday it falls on.

ARBOR DAY
I feel like my collection of Hack/Slash comics would come in very handy during this draft.

We could also come up with a background for our killers as well as modus operandi for the kills (Death by lawnmower, etc.). The sillier, the better.
Would we be picking actors for the roles, or characters from Slasher films?
I imagined it would be actors to fit each slasher movie archetype.
That makes more sense to me. Just wanted to confirm.
Yes, it'll be like the James Bond draft.

Damn, that was 5 years ago and all the image links are dead? Sigh:

http://citizens.trouble.city/showthread.php?tid=153258
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
"Name" actors aren't normally cast as slasher villains but we could make an exception for this draft. Or if you wanted a more physical threat, you could cast a stuntman, sports figure, wrestler, etc.

The trick would be to come up with your own slasher villain with his/her own somewhat unique backstory. Like you can draft a stuntman who's played Jason but you can't actually draft Jason the character.
Good point. Maybe just cast the slasher's gimmick.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
I think both ways could work.

Like you could draft Rachael Ray as The Hash-Slinging Slasher, an undead fry cook who kills people with a spatula.

Or you could just post your slasher character name and background/gimmick. But if you change your mind later on and want a certain actor to play your killer, you can pick an undrafted actor during a bonus round.
Yeah, I think casting the killer should be optional.
Okay, so I went back a couple pages and compiled my and some other people's suggestions. Here's what I've got:

1. The Killer
2. The Virgin/Final Girl
3. The Promiscuous Girl
4. The Jock
5. The Fool/Stoner/Comic Relief
6. The Scholar/Nerd
7. The Authority Figure/Local Law Enforcement
8. The Harbinger/Oracle/"Crazy Ralph"
9. The Opening Scene Victim/"Chrissie"
10. The Asshole who betrays the rest of the group to save himself/"Burke."
11. The Horror Expert/"Randy."
12. The Final Girl's BFF
13. The Final Girl's BF/Love Interest
14. The Survivalist/Redneck
15. The Final Girl's Parent
16. The vengeful family member of killer's previous victim/"Lefty"

Lots of different archetypes to pick from (some of them are interchangeable or can be combined) and if we play this loose I'm sure there are plenty more people can think of. I think as long as you have a unique killer and your final girl (or boy), you can pretty much do whatever you want in terms of casting.
I did this graphic about a year ago for a slasher-based RPG I was toying around with the design of. Feel free to use it if you want (I also have a bigger version, and can remove some of the additional text).

[Image: wjfigbf.png]
home taping is killing music
(09-14-2020, 09:33 PM)hp pufncraft Wrote: Okay, so I went back a couple pages and compiled my and some other people's suggestions. Here's what I've got:

1. The Killer
2. The Virgin/Final Girl
3. The Promiscuous Girl
4. The Jock
5. The Fool/Stoner/Comic Relief
6. The Scholar/Nerd
7. The Authority Figure/Local Law Enforcement
8. The Harbinger/Oracle/"Crazy Ralph"
9. The Opening Scene Victim/"Chrissie"
10. The Asshole who betrays the rest of the group to save himself/"Burke."
11. The Horror Expert/"Randy."
12. The Final Girl's BFF
13. The Final Girl's BF/Love Interest
14. The Survivalist/Redneck
15. The Final Girl's Parent
16. The vengeful family member of killer's previous victim/"Lefty"

Lots of different archetypes to pick from (some of them are interchangeable or can be combined) and if we play this loose I'm sure there are plenty more people can think of. I think as long as you have a unique killer and your final girl (or boy), you can pretty much do whatever you want in terms of casting.

Sounds good to me.

Love that graphic, Boone!
Unfortunately, it looks like I lost the VHS filter I was using in Photoshop for that image. Annoying!

My one suggestion would be making some of those 16 mandatory and some "choose your own." Kind of like how for the buddy cop draft there were certain parts we had to fill.
home taping is killing music
Thanks for the graphic, Boone. It looks great. If no one else wants to, I can probably run this in October. TBH, I am a little intimidated since it's been years since I ran a draft (and that was on Bloody-Disgusting, where our drafts were a little draft). But given a little time to prepare, I think I can manage it.

And yeah, I'm thinking of having 6 of the archetypes mandatory (The Killer and the 5 victims from Cabin in the Woods, with the option to combine some). For the remaining picks, you choose from the list above or use one that hasn't been listed as long as it makes sense. We can also do an optional Bonus Round.