Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. thread
AYes, thank you!
ABut since they are living out their post-catastrophe lives shouldn't they have set things up (based on their fore-knowledge) to help themselves when they arrive in the future?

Funny aside - sorta the same argument I got into with my wife over "Outlander" - when Claire goes back to the 18th century from the 20th shouldn't she and Jaime just used her historical knowledge to find a nice, comfortable place to live and avoid the dangers they keep running into!??!
A[quote name="Ejoiner" url="/community/t/147873/agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-thread/5700#post_4466482"]But since they are living out their post-catastrophe lives shouldn't they have set things up (based on their fore-knowledge) to help themselves when they arrive in the future?[/quote]

That's what they do in the Robin flashback episode, building the time machine and rigging the Zephyr for zero gravity flight. One imagines that they also left notes for their past selves about what to do differently next time, but nobody found those.

well Disney Channel stars are bleeding into the Marvel Universe.  Dove Cameron is from the show Live and Maddie and as a 43 year old Father I know this because my son watched this crap.

Also if you know who Olivia Holt is...(also a Disney Star)    She's starring in the new Marvel Cloak & Dagger series on Freeform this summer.

Quote:

As the fifth season of “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” takes Coulson and team to uncharted territory, our agents are about to tackle another milestone together – its 100th episode! To celebrate this “S.H.I.E.L.D.” and Marvel Television milestone, Marvel has kicked off a “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Road to 100” art program with the release of the first art piece.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Road to 100” art program will feature five posters, in total, to celebrate the first 100 episodes. Each poster will represent key pivotal moments of each season. Fans of the Marvel Television series can collect the art pieces with adapted comic book variant covers for Marvel’s upcoming March titles. Take a look at the first piece by artist Dale Keown below.

Fitz is holding a fleshlight.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post

Fitz is holding a fleshlight.

He was so lonely before he met Jemma....so very very lonely.

I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.

Doesn't he have sex with May in one of the comics or something?

Goddamn that was shocking.

Also

Are we getting the Thunderbolts? Ruby's uniform bore something of a resemblance to Penance's thing...
ALooks like YoYo will have to learn how to play yoyo with [SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]her feet.[/SPOILER]

Sad
AXENA!!!!
AWait, nevermind.

Dammit.

How am I the fifth poster but the first to mention that C.H.U.D was referenced on this week's episode?

AThis show is still on?
Yes and it is awesome.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
(03-03-2018, 09:30 AM)mrsaxon Wrote:

How am I the fifth poster but the first to mention that C.H.U.D was referenced on this week's episode?

In my defense, I watch the episodes a day late on iTunes rather than force my grandmother to miss her Lifetime Channel, and by Saturday the site was undergoing The Metamorphosis.

I have to go back and watch the Robin episode a second time now, to see if Yo-yo had arms we she went out to get her revenge on the Kree.  Presumably she'll get a pair of prosthetics?
(03-05-2018, 12:50 AM)reasor Wrote: I have to go back and watch the Robin episode a second time now, to see if Yo-yo had arms we she went out to get her revenge on the Kree.  Presumably she'll get a pair of prosthetics?

Or we're already in a divergent timeline.
Watched it last night. My review:

(02-05-2018, 02:30 PM)neaux Wrote:

well Disney Channel stars are bleeding into the Marvel Universe.  Dove Cameron is from the show Live and Maddie and as a 43 year old Father I know this because my son watched this crap.

I can back you up on this. My kids watch those shows endlessly. If I told my daughter she was on this show she would insist that she would have to watch it, so I guess Disney knows what it's doing.

She doesn't seem too nice on this show though.
My PSN ID - electrichead72-----------------------------------------I'm not dumb! I'm smart! and I want respect!
Yeah, there's a certain irony about hiring a family friendly Disney Channel star and casting her as a (I don't know how to spoiler-text on this site so stop reading if you've not seen the episode yet) ruthless assassin who coldly slices off the arms of a main character in her debut episode.

"If I can shoot rabbits, then I can shoot fascists" -  The Manic Street Preachers

Steam ID: iammrsaxon / Blizzard ID: MrSaxon#2283 / Xbox ID: MR SAX0N
The identity of the mystery ninja type actually surprised me. I figured that somehow the Kree assassin lady had returned form the dead and time traveled along with...Deacon? Duke? Man, I can't remember any of these guys' names.
His name is Deke. And you will remember his name, now that it's been revealed that he's

***SPOILERS***

Fitz-Simmon's grandson.

***SPOILERS***
Git' in under mah belly!
On the whole, it was a bit of an overstuffed episode, but there were lots of great scenes so I'm extremely forgiving.

* I'm really glad that Coulson's predicament is out there now, and I thought the ensuing scenes where the characters addressed what S.H.I.E.L.D would be without him, were really good. Chloe Bennet, in particular, gave one of her best performances in the scene where she told Couldson what he meant to her.

* To the show's credit, I honestly started to believe this might be his final episode, and I enjoyed Coulson having to confront the idea that he'd died and nothing after that had happened. Really good stuff from Clark Gregg.

* Deathlok! I'm sad he's not sticking around.

* How's Coulson doing? Oh, he's "five by five" apparently. Buffy alert!

* I really need to take a duster to this living room, I guess, because I spent the last five minutes of that wedding scene just rubbing my damned eye like a fool.

* I'd heard the Deke theory prior to this episode so it didn't really surprise me. I'm still not a huge fan of that character, though. The only season five character I gave a damn about (Enoch) is gone but not forgotten. #BringBackEnoch

* Episode 100, baby!

"If I can shoot rabbits, then I can shoot fascists" -  The Manic Street Preachers

Steam ID: iammrsaxon / Blizzard ID: MrSaxon#2283 / Xbox ID: MR SAX0N
Deke’s a lot more tolerable as fish out of water comic relief that he was in the future. The fact that the big reveal on him this episode came out essentially because the first thing he did was get plastered on Zima amuses me.

And I love the fact that they hyped us up for a big death but then delivered that wedding.
I'm stunned Mack didn't give us an Event Horizon mention with the Fear dimension.

The reveal was awesome-did Deke remember his grandparents? His mom was the orange, right?
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
(03-10-2018, 09:12 AM)superlaser Wrote: Deke’s a lot more tolerable as fish out of water comic relief that he was in the future. The fact that the big reveal on him this episode came out essentially because the first thing he did was get plastered on Zima amuses me.

And I love the fact that they hyped us up for a big death but then delivered that wedding.

Agreed, but was the Zima thing some sort of call back to something with Fitzsimmons?  I just took it as a gag of future man having terrible taste in booze.
(03-10-2018, 09:12 AM)superlaser Wrote: Deke’s a lot more tolerable as fish out of water comic relief that he was in the future. The fact that the big reveal on him this episode came out essentially because the first thing he did was get plastered on Zima amuses me.

I was very pleasantly surprised that the big 100th episode event wasn't something as cheap as knocking an essential character off.

Bringing back Deathlok for a one-and-done was a nice touch, since he was introduced in the show's first episode.

I'll be curious to see whether the villain ever reveals Deke's ancestry to him or any of the rest of the cast; it would be more clever if the audience are left as the only ones who know after she's defeated.
"I was very pleasantly surprised that the big 100th episode event wasn't something as cheap as knocking an essential character off."

Same. 10 minutes in, I was certain they were preparing for the big emotional send-off, so the big shift at the end really came as a surprise.

Even more surprising: the realization that I'd really miss Coulson. He's been my least favorite of this group for a while now (nothing against the character, or Gregg's performance; just 5 seasons in, it feels like he's run his course), but this episode reminded that Coulson being the "Dad" of the group isn't just lazy shorthand for group leader. He's got such a strong, emotional paternal bond with everyone (especially Daisy; their scenes together were excellent this week) that is completely earned.

Its crazy how good this show is now. And no one out in the real world believes me!

Also, I liked that Hive showed up for a quick cameo down in the basement.
I'm assuming the Grant Ward guy was busy, otherwise its seems like Coulson's conversation should have been with him rather than with Deathlok. Nice little episode. Poor Yo-Yo, recuperating so she didn't get to go to the wedding. Hope they brought her some cake.
Mack was filming and/or face timing with his phone during the ceremony. So yeah, hopefully she gets some cake too. And some Coulson style prosthetics.
Best line of the ep? A tie between "Can't touch this" and "I'm stumped."
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
The one liners were crazy good this episode. The dedication to the set up for the Hammer joke makes it the best of the night.

And Kudos for them not dragging out if Deke would find out. I hope he drops it on him soon
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
Do we have any indications on whether or not Deke was in the present in previous time loops? My suspicion is that he may be the new ‘element’ that leads to them breaking the cycle.
This was an awesome episode all around. Give me six seasons and a movie dammit!
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Ruby's seduction of Werner von Strucker in their shared prison compound had a V.C. Andrews, "Flowers in the Attic," vibe so thick, you could cut it with a knife.  Calling it now, they're at least half-siblings, and that's the reason Werner was babysitting Ruby in his memory of the time she got the scar on her brow.
I'm theorizing Ruby's an LMD, especially after the story of her hitting her head as a kid. Maybe it's just the Disney star uncanny valley talking, and I'm probably wrong, but it's not like there isn't a precedent on this show, and I'd buy that more than super ninja teenage assassin.