Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Godzilla 2014 Pre-release Discussion
AI don't care about characters behaving realistically in a freaking Godzilla film. Give something interesting while I wait for Godzilla's screen time (all 7 minutes of it).

ugh normal people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz View Post

The characters aren't boring. They act like normal people would if a lot of crazy shit started happening. Unlike Pacific Rim the movie isn't slowed down by boring back stories for the characters. In Godzilla the humans are the supporting characters to the the stars of the movie: Godzilla and the MUTOs.

Actually I'd argue that the characters in Godzilla 2014, like the good guys in Stephen King novels, tend to act a bit better than most "normal" people would if faced with the same situations in real life. I know if Giant Monsters started fighting in SF I'd be shitting bricks too much to do much of anything.

A[quote name="Cylon Baby" url="/community/t/148166/godzilla-2014-pre-release-discussion/1900#post_3723946"]
Actually I'd argue that the characters in Godzilla 2014, like the good guys in Stephen King novels, tend to act a but better than most "normal" people would if faced with the same situations in real life. I know if Giant Monsters started fighting in SF I'd be shitting bricks too much to do much of anything.
[/quote]

Not much to do but stare in awe.

Yeah Nooj!  I'd like to see YOU be compelling and jump out of planes and shit when monsters show up!

AYou know you'd watch me in that movie.

You wouldn't be able to look away.

FROM THE FUN.

In the way that watching a train crash is fun.

ASo you just can't accept Asian American leads in your Hollywood blockbusters, eh?

I got your number.

I got your number, alright...

AOf course.

Of course.

to bad the 98' Godzilla was smaller than what the poster made it look like plus U.S. Godzilla 2014 would stomp the hell out of U.S. Godzilla 1998. To bad Toho never got to see Godzilla '14