Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The All-Purpose "Nuke Florida From Orbit" Thread

Man looking to use Stand Your Ground and the Bush Doctrine as defenses in murder of two neighbours.

At least he isn't illegally creating executive orders to bomb Syria.

All you're after is discussion! You're just a free thinker!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post

All you're after is discussion! You're just a free thinker!

And you're after nuking an entire state.

From orbit. Don't forget that part!

This is starting to become too much. Block button, everybody.

Quote:

From orbit. Don't forget that part!

I really am not in favor of nuking Disney World from any vantage point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mangy View Post

This is starting to become too much. Block button, everybody.

It's a good thing you're all part of a herd, then.

I think the banhammer would be more appropriate.

Quote:

I think the banhammer would be more appropriate.

Of course you would, someone disagrees with your world views!

If Gamera replied to me, please note that I just said I blocked you. I bet he did. He did, didn't he?

TzuDohNim disagrees with my worldviews in almost every way. He's one of the funnest guys to talk to on here. Closer and Cylon Baby are two guys who I've spent hours arguing with. I would never advocate banning them. You're just a contrary asshole looking to shit out your brains in any thread that will provoke the maximum amount of irritation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mangy View Post

If Gamera replied to me, please note that I just said I blocked you. I bet he did. He did, didn't he?

We're a herd, Mangy. A big red Communist herd.

While I don't necessarily agree with Merriweather choosing to lead this topic title with the SYG/BD story and probably confine the hatred of Florida to that and other political reasons from the not so distant past I do agree that Florida has all kinds of fuckwittery going on and ought to be jokingly, or not, done away with.

That being said, GvR, as a dues paying, card carrying Libertarian and libertarian I find your wrecking of other threads just to keep your name at the forefront of my Top Posts list to be too much.  I'm not gonna use the ignore button but I will be advocating that some thought be put into banning you.

You're making me and the scant few conservatives on this board look bad and the left side of this party boat already thinks we do that fine enough on our own so if I am pointing it out to you then you gotta chill the fuck out dude.

*EDIT* Or what Merriweather said up there.

Quote:

TzuDohNim disagrees with my worldviews in almost every way. He's one of the funnest guys to talk to on here. Closer and Cylon Baby are two guys who I've spent hours arguing with. I would never advocate banning them. You're just a contrary asshole looking to shit out your brains in any thread that will provoke the maximum amount of irritation.

I haven't posted in that many different threads so that's a weird argument to make.

You started talking about Syria in a thread that literally had nothing to do with it, simply because I started said thread.

Tzu, what about the original story does not reflect poorly on Florida? Just out of curiosity.

Quote:

You started talking about Syria in a thread that literally had nothing to do with it, simply because I started said thread.

Tzu, what about the original story does not reflect poorly on Florida? Just out of curiosity.

Not that it doesn't reflect poorly, and I am only halfway through it at this point-full disclosure, but I was just commenting that Florida has much more going for it in the batshit crazy vein than recent headline making laws would suggest.

I don't even need to read the article to think the idea of the guy using the Bush Doctrine as a defense is asinine and so far what I have read doesn't leave much to his claims of SYG either.

It's some crazy Lawyer-Fu to even think that they can pull off "he shot them because Bush bombed Iraq" as a defense. But then again, Florida.

To keep track of every wacky thing in Florida (and there is SOOO much), I recommend following the Florida Man Twitter account.

Maybe not great for political discussion, but it provides lots of great reasons for the nuking of Florida to begin post-haste.

Quote:

It's almost like I did to your thread what you did to mine... wow, could it be poetic justice?

Wait, what? Loathe as I am to even engage you any more, that's just complete horseshit.

The standard go to, to be copied and re-pasted  in here as necessary:

It's the little "Yay!" at the end that always gets me.

You DO realize that nuking Florida would kill our very own Richard Dickson, right?  I mean, let's not get carried away or anything.

A source article.

Quote:
 "He just wouldn't leave him alone," said Jeannie Huppert. "He shot Gary in the head and then went back and shot him in his neck, but he was already dead."

Yeah, hasn't this guy seen Shawshank Redemption?  You can't do that and claim crime of passion or self defense.

Skip to the 1:50 mark for the relevant portion but the video embedder wasn't letting me start it there.

Dickson's a carny. He eats nukes for breakfast.

AYeah...but it's Titusville...even for us Florida residents Titusville is a punchline...
on the plus side of Florida...we do have some kickass breweries...especially Jacksonville.
Quote:

Originally Posted by WasteofTape View Post

...we do have some kickass breweries...

Now THAT is how you begin to justify a state's existence.

AYard House doesn't count as a brewery. BJ's? Maybe.
A[quote name="Trav McGee" url="/community/t/148953/the-all-purpose-nuke-florida-from-orbit-thread#post_3575662"]
Now THAT is how you begin to justify a state's existence.
[/quote]

Well...it IS Florida...what am I supposed to brag about? The oppressive heat and sulfur water?
A[quote name="Bradito" url="/community/t/148953/the-all-purpose-nuke-florida-from-orbit-thread#post_3575665"]Yard House doesn't count as a brewery. BJ's? Maybe.[/quote]

BJ's is to breweries as Olive Garden is to Italian Food...
Quote:

Dickson's a carny. He eats nukes for breakfast.

Yeah, but all my stuff's here.

Stay away from Death Mountain, Dickson!

Quote:

Originally Posted by WasteofTape View Post

Well...it IS Florida...what am I supposed to brag about? The oppressive heat and sulfur water?

Oranges?  Marilyn Manson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Dickson View Post

Yeah, but all my stuff's here.

Disney's gotta have a nuclear bunker somewhere.  Just rent a uhaul and let us know when you get there.