Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The All-Purpose "Nuke Florida From Orbit" Thread
Quote:

Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post

You DO realize that nuking Florida would kill our very own Richard Dickson, right?  I mean, let's not get carried away or anything.

Which is EXACTLY why is should be done.

EAT MY ASS, CARNY!

Just kidding baby I love you.

AIf we strike him down he will become more powerful than we can possibly imagine.
ABecause Florida:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/fl...because-fl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamera vs Rodan View Post

oh my GOD! You found that interview! Watch the whole thing sometime, it's constantly hysterical! That guy is such a lunatic, Gorgoroth are among my favorite Black Metal bands. The name is taken from The Plains of Gorgoroth which is a location within Mordor in Lord of the Rings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post

It's an EXCELLENT documentary, I agree.  And yeah, Gaahl is hysterical in his uber seriousness.

OH HELLS YEAH I LOVE that documentary.  Not only is Gaahl funny as all hell, Jorn Tunsberg from Hades Almighty is an interesting motherfucker as well.  I don't agree with the arson, but I understand it.  Plus, Ronnie James Dio comes across as one of the nicest dudes to ever exist.  Also, Alice Cooper had a pretty good scene where he discusses black metal too.  Just a great documentary all around, and probably my personal favorite.

I'm not even joking when I say that I just had to double-check the thread title to make sure it was still the Nuke Florida thread and that I hadn't somehow blundered my way into the All-Purpose Metal Thread.

I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!

The conversation makes sense because nuking Florida would be Metal as Fuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickBurgundy View Post

OH HELLS YEAH I LOVE that documentary.  Not only is Gaahl funny as all hell, Jorn Tunsberg from Hades Almighty is an interesting motherfucker as well.  I don't agree with the arson, but I understand it.  Plus, Ronnie James Dio comes across as one of the nicest dudes to ever exist.  Also, Alice Cooper had a pretty good scene where he discusses black metal too.  Just a great documentary all around, and probably my personal favorite.

I met Dio after a concert about 13 years or so ago.  He was absolutely one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet.  Friendly and approachable, he made a point to engage with anyone that wanted to chat with him.  If you do a search for stories about him, you'll see that he had this rep for pretty much his entire career.  He was definitely one of the class acts of metal.

A[quote name="Judas Booth" url="/community/t/148953/the-all-purpose-nuke-florida-from-orbit-thread/50#post_3583878"]
I met Dio after a concert about 13 years or so ago.  He was absolutely one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet.  Friendly and approachable, he made a point to engage with anyone that wanted to chat with him.  If you do a search for stories about him, you'll see that he had this rep for pretty much his entire career.  He was definitely one of the class acts of metal.
[/quote]

I've heard that about him as well...I always figued he'd finish a show and go play a round of Dungeons and Dragons backstage..
Stomach cancer is a bitch to go through, sucks to happen to anybody much less someone as well regarded as he was.

ABecause Florida:

http://jalopnik.com/5962439/god-tells-wo...se-florida

I win the thread.

Jonathan and Sarah Adleta's children were doomed to a life of perverse cruelty before they were even born.

A[quote name="TzuDohNihm" url="/community/t/148953/the-all-purpose-nuke-florida-from-orbit-thread/50#post_3584486"]I win the thread.

Jonathan and Sarah Adleta's children were doomed to a life of perverse cruelty before they were even born.
[/quote]

Ewwwwwwwww......Central Florida is just so gross.

Nowhere near as soul-destroying as Tzu's but just more fuel for the state-nuking fire:

Florida police beat 130lb woman black and blue during DUI arrest

The photos are not pretty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post

Nowhere near as soul-destroying as Tzu's but just more fuel for the state-nuking fire:

Florida police beat 130lb woman black and blue during DUI arrest

The photos are not pretty.

I saw that last week.  For some reason I thought it was Tennessee, reading now it was Tallahassee.  But yeah.  My problem with it is that up until they roll her off the trunk onto the ground I don't think the officers were in the wrong.  I don't mind giving them the benefit of the doubt with that first little head slam onto the back window.  When the two of them roll with her off the trunk onto the road?  Things get very questionable from there.

On the one hand, drunk drivers... fuck 'em.  Especially:

Quote:

Prior to her arrest, she had reportedly driven her car off the road and into a home.

On the other hand, boys... she's 45 and 130, one of you should have been able to handle that.

All benefit of the doubt goes out the window when you look at the post-arrest mugshots. That's a straight-up shitkicking they gave her. Whatever your feeling on drunk drivers, the police aren't a goon squad there to dispense rough justice.

I was talking more along the lines of my feelings on the situation as they changed while watching the entire video.  At the point the three of them bounced off the pavement I knew a line had been crossed.  I didn't see the mugshots until two days after the video.

<br />

Besties!!!

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/09/24...ffic-stop/

I know you guys hate the site but watch the video, it's pretty disturbing and should reinforce the idea that Florida deserves nuking.

AYou stay crazy Florida!....man I love living in the Outback of the US.
http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1581406
A20 items or less defeats the purpose of an "express" checkout lane.

In my day, it was nine items!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

20 items or less defeats the purpose of an "express" checkout lane.

In my day, it was nine items!

Also there was a guy who would tazer you if you went over.

AND WE LIKED IT THAT WAY.

Walmart and Florida is like a match made in heaven.  Why hasn't TLC jumped on this concept for one of their reality shows?

AFlorida is basically a giant Walmart.
AIts the oppressive heat and well water....the coastal regions aren't bad...but even I don't venture too far into central Florida.... bunch of crazy folk there.

Florida, keeping it real.

After watching Your Next, I just wanted to listen to all of Looking for the Magic. I'm goofy like that.

I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.

That's a really terrible story.  What is wrong with people?  Specifically, what is wrong with (some) people in Florida?

A[quote name="yt" url="/community/t/148953/the-all-purpose-nuke-florida-from-orbit-thread/90#post_3660599"]That's a really terrible story.  What is wrong with people?  Specifically, what is wrong with (some) people in Florida?
[/quote]
I just don't understand how Florida produces news stories so frequently. Are there really THAT many loony toons there compared to everywhere else? Something in the water?
ALack of a decent school system is the biggest culprit..the oppressive heat for 8 months out of the year..and of course the hard well water...
That being said we are not big on mass shootings here...Our crazy folks typically are one and done victim wise...not sure what the hell is going on out west...looking at you Colorado

Jury taking three days to decide whether clear racist murderer Michael Dunn is guilty.

If this guy gets off, Florida can go die in the worst possible way. This has none of the ambiguities of the Trayvon case. This is as clear-cut an example of a cold-blooded racist killing as I have ever seen.

The jurists probably watch CNN Headline News:

http://gawker.com/cnn-books-zimmermans-w...1522099987

The prosecution may have dropped the ball in this case too. They didn't enter the racist letters that the dude wrote when he was in prison into evidence.

I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
ADo prosecutors in Florida just not want to win?
Quote:

The jury in the Michael Dunn murder trial has told the judge they have reached a verdict on 4 of the 5 charges and are unable to reach a unanimous verdict on the murder charge.

http://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cfn...ml?cid=rss

ADunn is going to prison for decades on the three charges, as Florida law dictates the use of a gun during a felony carries a 20 year sentence.
IT's not a murder conviction. ..but it's something.