Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brooklyn Nine-Nine on FOX
Kinda weak Jimmy Jabs episode.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
Did like the running gag of everyone just leaving the room during Boyle's musical numbers.

Also I am excited for Officer Debbie's hidden depths.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
I liked the wrap up with Debbie. Pretty good episode.

Love that Holt read all of Urban Dictionary.
Coked out Vanessa Bayer was fantastic. Even though she's getting put away, I'd wager we'll see Debbie again.
Tour de force from Bayer. Hi-Ya!
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
Really liked this weeks episode. Odd that they did the 6 month time jump though.
I took it as a not so subtle fuck you to them getting a midseason release date.
Also, gotta compress Holt's storyline and get him back to Captain.
Been watching some old episodes on Hulu today. Season 2 really is the best season so far. So many good things.

It also has one of my favorite Holt/Wunch exchanges “Hello, Madeline. You’ve aged” it’s just so simple.
(03-22-2020, 07:30 PM)Paul755 Wrote: Been watching some old episodes on Hulu today. Season 2 really is the best season so far. So many good things.

It also has one of my favorite Holt/Wunch exchanges “Hello, Madeline. You’ve aged” it’s just so simple.

The one last week where Holt warns people not to look into Wunch's eyes in the video, and Santiago is like "yeah, because that's how the witch will curse us" or something, and he goes "no, because her eyes are ugly."

The simplicity is beautiful.
(03-22-2020, 11:29 PM)schwartz Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 07:30 PM)Paul755 Wrote: Been watching some old episodes on Hulu today. Season 2 really is the best season so far. So many good things.

The one last week where Holt warns people not to look into Wunch's eyes in the video, and Santiago is like "yeah, because that's how the witch will curse us" or something, and he goes "no, because her eyes are ugly."

The simplicity is beautiful.

Totally. In a different episode with Wunch later in the season he talks about her rubbing together her “little rat hands”.

The beach house episode with the different levels of drunk Amy was S2 also. Another great episode.
JK Simmons's hyper-competent deadpan was great, and the episode had a ton of great tossed-off moments that were marred by the obviousness of the mandatory twist that any cop outside the 99 has a secret agenda that can be easily unraveled with, like, one phone call. And it was so, so unnecessary in this case. Dillman wasn't even the actual culprit! Would have been much funnier for Jake to stage his big j'accuse moment only to learn that Holt already knew about the Yarn Barn job (which has no real bearing on his hyper-competence anyway).
The soap opera exchange between Dillman and Rosa was great.
"He actually SAID 'double back'! What a TREAT!"
“He Double Backed Dillman”